TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, GAMAJM said:

Yeah also read 6-8 for case number but some folks are able to call and get quicker over the phone after four weeks. I know I will be calling once a week when my time comes. LOL

I thought they will send the case number by mail. I didn’t know they will provide it over the phone. That’s cool. Will try to call next week. Thanks:)

Hi everyone, I have a question .. Has anyone called USCIS and talked to a real person?  I am in Kazakhstan and my husband called several times and all the time went to the robot, who knows the phone’s romer on which to talk to an officer?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, M@B said:

Hi everyone, I have a question .. Has anyone called USCIS and talked to a real person?  I am in Kazakhstan and my husband called several times and all the time went to the robot, who knows the phone’s romer on which to talk to an officer?

Hi , 

you can talk to a real person but usually you wait around 30 mn to have someone reading a script on a screen . You will have the same infos as on the USCIS website 

On 4/24/2019 at 4:21 PM, Rosie91 said:

Hi all,

I'd like to stay positive too, besides the outlier of June, there is also one approved from September and December last year.

We all know they have backlog, but maybe they are working on both; the month that they at least should work on and the backlog. Tissa could be right, that they choosing the easy ones for now.

But its all speculation in the end, I just really hope for everyone that there will be in change in the efficiency of the process soon. ^_^

Hello 😊 What would be considered and "easy one"?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, SallySaidHi said:

Hello 😊 What would be considered and "easy one"?

It doesn’t work like that...they must process in order of receipt date. It’s not like they have time to skim through a file and say “oh that one looks difficult I don’t want to do it” common sense they will process the next file in order of date. Of course each file is unique, so some files take longer than others. Example: my husband and I have no children and no divorces. So no having to check the validity of those items. He also has never been to the USA or filled out applications to visit etc. so yes these things all take additional checking. 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

2 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

It doesn’t work like that...they must process in order of receipt date. It’s not like they have time to skim through a file and say “oh that one looks difficult I don’t want to do it” common sense they will process the next file in order of date. Of course each file is unique, so some files take longer than others. Example: my husband and I have no children and no divorces. So no having to check the validity of those items. He also has never been to the USA or filled out applications to visit etc. so yes these things all take additional checking. 

Thanks for the response. I was just curious as to what that comment meant..

Timeline
Just now, SallySaidHi said:

Thanks for the response. I was just curious as to what that comment meant..

I think folks just try to come with ideas of why some folks get approved faster than others, but honestly all the little differences between our lives, and where our spouse live, and details that we don’t even know are important...all affect processing time. 

APPROVED

9 hours ago, JulienR said:

Keep in mind that this controversy around the K3 visa is once again due to USCIS not doing their job properly. The petition for K3 visa was originally intended to be filed concurently with the I-130 and be approved faster so the spouse living abroad could come to the US while the I-130 was being processed and avoid long separation. If USCIS was doing it's job properly, they would do just that and no one would be angry at those getting a K3 visa. But it seems to me that the I-129 petition comes up with priority on their list (which is logical given it's original purpose), but instead of approving it for a K3 visa, they go look for the associated I-130 petition and process that one directly instead. In a way it makes sense, they save time by doing the job only once, but it's screwed up. I don't think filing the I-129 is going to increase their workload since they don't look at it. But if everyone does it, it's not going to help in the end.

The thing is, we can't change the way USCIS works. Whatever their way of processing cases is, we're stuck with it. Yes, we can try change something, but it will only benefit others years from now. Filing for a K3 now is just trying to cut the line. 

I don't care who's responsibility it is because we all know USCIS has issues. It's all about what matters for us petioners down the line right now. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, David - USA 2019 said:

Today i found some action around july 16

4BE5C3FE-21C9-47D2-BB86-F1F238EF6DA5.jpeg

Great!! 

APPROVED

Timeline

July 16th.. but they transfer cases. Well this is weekend, they'll go back to work on Monday 🙏🏼🤞🏼

Thanks David-2019 for the update.  Appreciate it. I also check the case tracker but not sure all those case numbers..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
7 hours ago, GAMAJM said:

That’s it! You confirm my worst fears. Seeing all those approvals with a PD 2-4 weeks earlier than ours, I am more and more convinced that our case has red flags...in the eyes of USCIS.

I wonder if it’s possible to receive a blunt rejection? without at least a RFE first??

9 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hi , 

you can talk to a real person but usually you wait around 30 mn to have someone reading a script on a screen . You will have the same infos as on the USCIS website 

it's terrible, we sent a request 2 months ago that according to our case and got an answer, wait 60 days that have already passed the same, we wait almost 12 months in the dark, maybe a conversation with an officer could show at least some light on what is happening.  

Timeline
9 hours ago, GAMAJM said:

I had a question.. my case is similar to yours.  But I wanted to know if my husband's parents are an important part of the background check.. because well they left him pretty much to live on his own since child. They're alive but don't keep in touch. His father is from India and mother from Thailand. He is born in India. But his parents are in another country currently.. I remember they're asking on the i130. Thanks

Hope it's not off topic.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.