TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, smith916 said:

Still waiting ... disheartening to see July processing while some of us are stuck in May and June 

Have a question... On your inquiry did it say that same 60 day thing at the end. Like within 60 days?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
8 hours ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

I agree, all filing the K3 does is slow down the process for others. In the Facebook group mentioned earlier everyone with a IR1/CR1 at Nebraska is encouraged to apply for a K3 in the hopes their IR1/CR1 will be approved quicker this way. They're expecting the K3 to be denied but the IR1/CR1 to be approved simultaneously. At Nebraska.

Why would the K3 be denied?  If our situation meets all of the criteria, I don’t see anything wrong with applying.  It’s literally the intention of the K3 visa.  I agree that it’s unfortunate that it could slow things down for others, but I don’t think we should be martyrs because USICS isn’t operating efficiently or properly.  I am not an “every man for himself” type, but if there’s a visa available that suits my situation and could improve the well-being of my family, I’m not going to feel guilty for using it.  I don’t like it when people take out their frustration on others (I’m not implying that you are!  Please don’t take it that way...this is a general gripe about places like the FB group) when really, our problems lie with USCIS.  Scarcity mentality turns people against each other instead of to the source of the problem, you know?  Again, none of what I’m saying is personal to you or any on this thread.  Just a general observation.  

Timeline

I think it depends on each individual person. I see the conversation on this k3 k1 topic.

I never did it.. I wasn't even aware of it.  I wouldn't believe this idea of if you apply for both same time it's a shortcut.

Then uscis and all lawyers should advertise this option to all. Everyone would jump in.

It's too good to believe.

But again it's a personal choice.. if one wants to do it, then go ahead. None is stopping.

1 hour ago, CaroY said:

Why would the K3 be denied?  If our situation meets all of the criteria, I don’t see anything wrong with applying.  It’s literally the intention of the K3 visa.  I agree that it’s unfortunate that it could slow things down for others, but I don’t think we should be martyrs because USICS isn’t operating efficiently or properly.  I am not an “every man for himself” type, but if there’s a visa available that suits my situation and could improve the well-being of my family, I’m not going to feel guilty for using it.  I don’t like it when people take out their frustration on others (I’m not implying that you are!  Please don’t take it that way...this is a general gripe about places like the FB group) when really, our problems lie with USCIS.  Scarcity mentality turns people against each other instead of to the source of the problem, you know?  Again, none of what I’m saying is personal to you or any on this thread.  Just a general observation.  

I don't know you're trying to convince, but for me it isn't working. It would make sense if you were actually "fighting" USCIS but we all know that's not possible. Instead, you're taking the "every man for himself approach". 

I'll compare it to sitting and a traffic jam, and seeing people leave the highway only to cut back in again 300 meters further down the road. Yeah it's legal, so go ahead and do it if you feel like it. But I'll still sit there in traffic thinking "what a complete dickhead". You're simply trying to find loopholes to cut the line, ###### over other people in the process.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lehcim said:

I don't know you're trying to convince, but for me it isn't working. It would make sense if you were actually "fighting" USCIS but we all know that's not possible. Instead, you're taking the "every man for himself approach". 

I'll compare it to sitting and a traffic jam, and seeing people leave the highway only to cut back in again 300 meters further down the road. Yeah it's legal, so go ahead and do it if you feel like it. But I'll still sit there in traffic thinking "what a complete dickhead". You're simply trying to find loopholes to cut the line, ###### over other people in the process.

Have you ever even read what the K3 is??  The definition, eligibility, and process on the USCIS site?  I did when I initially applied but heard they were phasing it out and was worried my husband would be unable to work for a while if we did. Now that I see the I-130 timeframe increasing so significantly, it’s worth a shot. It’s not passing like a jerk in the shoulder lane, it’s just another lane that’s available, so...  it’s not a loophole. If you’re eligible, too, go for it. Now, if I were to say we were going to enter on his 10-year tourist visa and then apply for adjustment of status, then you could call me a dickhead. 

5 minutes ago, CaroY said:

Have you ever even read what the K3 is??  The definition, eligibility, and process on the USCIS site?  I did when I initially applied but heard they were phasing it out and was worried my husband would be unable to work for a while if we did. Now that I see the I-130 timeframe increasing so significantly, it’s worth a shot. It’s not passing like a jerk in the shoulder lane, it’s just another lane that’s available, so...  it’s not a loophole. If you’re eligible, too, go for it. Now, if I were to say we were going to enter on his 10-year tourist visa and then apply for adjustment of status, then you could call me a dickhead. 

Agree wholeheartedly with this, if the criteria matches andnits available why not give it a go? 

Best case they deny 129 and approve 130, or they deny 129 and you stay in the queue?

it was made for a time when approvals were taking too long- like now!

13 months is unacceptable when others are getting approvals in 90 days for the same fee paid 

fighting USCIS is futile as they don’t give a damn 

so use the tools that USCIS have 🤷🏼‍♀️

5 minutes ago, CaroY said:

You're putting more stress on a system that's already miserably failing. 

Do what you want, I'm out. 

3 minutes ago, Dreamkatcherrrr said:

Does anyone know how long to wait for Uscis to send paperwork to nvc? I just wonder how it takes for them to send me a case number. Thank you in advance!

I “think” it’s up to 8 weeks but you can call after 2 and request it and then call every few days 😬 until you get it 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lehcim said:

You're putting more stress on a system that's already miserably failing. 

Do what you want, I'm out. 

I don’t see that as our responsibility to shoulder. Like I said, don’t let scarcity mentality turn us against each other. I’ve used all the tools available to me to “fight” USCIS.   I wrote congresspeople, senators, media, I tweet, comment on Facebook. Now I’m going to use all of the legal routes available to me and my family.  I think everybody who wants to, should. Throughout our marriage, my husband has visited the US many times. If I wanted to screw the system, we could have him over stay, but I’d never, because THAT is what’s made this so hard for everyone, alone with marriage fraud, etc.,not applying for eligible visas.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, CaroY said:

I don’t see that as our responsibility to shoulder. Like I said, don’t let scarcity mentality turn us against each other. I’ve used all the tools available to me to “fight” USCIS.   I wrote congresspeople, senators, media, I tweet, comment on Facebook. Now I’m going to use all of the legal routes available to me and my family.  I think everybody who wants to, should. Throughout our marriage, my husband has visited the US many times. If I wanted to screw the system, we could have him over stay, but I’d never, because THAT is what’s made this so hard for everyone, alone with marriage fraud, etc.,not applying for eligible visas.  

Ok so can you please discuss this in the proper thread instead of hijacking the CR/IR 1 thread. As you know there is a different thread for that route. Can we please move on people. This thread is for updates on I-130. Thanks 

Edited by GAMAJM

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dreamkatcherrrr said:

Does anyone know how long to wait for Uscis to send paperwork to nvc? I just wonder how it takes for them to send me a case number. Thank you in advance!

Yeah also read 6-8 for case number but some folks are able to call and get quicker over the phone after four weeks. I know I will be calling once a week when my time comes. LOL

APPROVED

Timeline
14 hours ago, smith916 said:

Still waiting ... disheartening to see July processing while some of us are stuck in May and June 

You are so close now...soon you will move to the next step 🙏🏻 Just remember every case is unique. This is the hardest part of the process, but we are all hanging on. Love is what drives us 🙌🏻

APPROVED

Timeline
16 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

You are so close now...soon you will move to the next step 🙏🏻 Just remember every case is unique. This is the hardest part of the process, but we are all hanging on. Love is what drives us 🙌🏻

I definitely agree.. each case is unique.

We're all waiting.  Just have faith

Once a case is with an officer, I would think it wouldn't be long until an answer right?

Some folks are very close.  They're working on end of June and up to July 12th also..

🙏🏼

Timeline
48 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

Ok so can you please discuss this in the proper thread instead of hijacking the CR/IR 1 thread. As you know there is a different thread for that route. Can we please move on people. This thread is for updates on I-130. Thanks 

Yes also no need for argument.. we're all in the same boat.. Some may get approved faster than another. But at the end of it all, all our papers is with Nebraska sc.

Every one can do as they wish, send inquiries, call, email bigger people, etc

I never called in this whole process.  Only sent  their service request inquiries online. I tweeted them and sent an email to their Nebraska followup email, don't know if it works.

Our immigration lawyer said don't disturb them too much else they'll get angry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.