TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kimi31 said:

I don’t think it’s for those even living togetehr

i believe it was originally created when processing/approval times were long.

i think 13mths is long 

eapecially when Potomac are doing 90 days or less

ifnitnwasnt allowed it wouldn't be there

and filing I-129f doesn’t guarantee approval of I-130 sooner which is what the hope is 

You’re probably right.  I read that the applicant must be living abroad, but maybe by “applicant” they meant beneficiary and not petitioner.  Anyway, I just did the fee calculator and it came up as $0.00, so I can’t see why we wouldn’t try it.  For us, the most important things are trying to keep my son and husband together as much as possible (my husband and I, too, of course 😜), and minimizing disruption to the school schedule.  So, fingers crossed.  

11 minutes ago, CaroY said:

You’re probably right.  I read that the applicant must be living abroad, but maybe by “applicant” they meant beneficiary and not petitioner.  Anyway, I just did the fee calculator and it came up as $0.00, so I can’t see why we wouldn’t try it.  For us, the most important things are trying to keep my son and husband together as much as possible (my husband and I, too, of course 😜), and minimizing disruption to the school schedule.  So, fingers crossed.  

We are considering it but we are currently under congressman action and I don’t think it’s wise to have two things cross over 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

After seeing a couple of fast approvals, we were thinking of filiing the I-129F too so I did a bit of research on the VJ timelines and here is what I found.

I identified 17 cases of fast approval in the last 12 months (I defined fast in Nebraska as less than 6 months):

- 8 were expedites or military

- 6 had filled the I-129F with or after the I-130

- 2 I have no information

- 1 said they did nothing in particular

So it seems to me that there is something going on with the I-129F although it makes no sense. We didn't file it in the end because I got a job within my company in the US and I am applying for an L1 intra-company transfer visa which will allow us to start or life in the US while we wait for the I-130 to be approved. I will file for AOS once we are in the US.

It seems that it takes at least 3 months after filiing the I-129F so not worth it if you are past 8 months of waiting in my opinion.

Edited by JulienR

For our story, look at my profile.

Timeline
1 hour ago, JulienR said:

After seeing a couple of fast approvals, we were thinking of filiing the I-129F too so I did a bit of research on the VJ timelines and here is what I found.

I identified 17 cases of fast approval in the last 12 months (I defined fast in Nebraska as less than 6 months):

- 8 were expedites or military

- 6 had filled the I-129F with or after the I-130

- 2 I have no information

- 1 said they did nothing in particular

So it seems to me that there is something going on with the I-129F although it makes no sense. We didn't file it in the end because I got a job within my company in the US and I am applying for an L1 intra-company transfer visa which will allow us to start or life in the US while we wait for the I-130 to be approved. I will file for AOS once we are in the US.

It seems that it takes at least 3 months after filiing the I-129F so not worth it if you are past 8 months of waiting in my opinion.

Yes, I’m going to file it today. There doesn’t seem to be a downside, other than the cost of shipping the application 😜

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

When I looked at the I-129F for Nebraska, it said K3 spouses are currently taking around 9 months, so maybe there really is a possibility with that for those who are under 9 months since petitioning still... It’s going to be turned into a CR1/IR1 anyways so I don’t see why not

Edited by LilyJohansen

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, LilyJohansen said:

When I looked at the I-129F for Nebraska, it said K3 spouses are currently taking around 9 months, so maybe there really is a possibility with that for those who are under 9 months since petitioning still... It’s going to be turned into a CR1/IR1 anyways so I don’t see why not

I have read some folks face negative things after trying to do it that way...so I would never take the chance...not worth messing with the correct way to file. All that does is slow down the process for others, which will not get support from me :( 

Edited by GAMAJM

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Timeline

At this point, I DO want my husband to be able to enter the country as quickly as possible, regardless of whether he’ll be able to work right away, etc.  So I feel like I’m going to file it for its intended purpose, and if it speeds things along, then great 🤷🏼‍♀️ The only reason I didn’t file it to begin with is because supposedly the I-130 was faster, and the K-3 is being phased out. If that isn’t the case, then I am willing to try it. 

1 hour ago, GAMAJM said:

I have read some folks face negative things after trying to do it that way...so I would never take the chance...not worth messing with the correct way to file. All that does is slow down the process for others, which will not get support from me :( 

What negative things did you hear?

im considering filing the k3 but sitting on the fence at the moment 

3 hours ago, Saci Singh said:

Anyone receiving?

Still waiting ... disheartening to see July processing while some of us are stuck in May and June 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 hours ago, GAMAJM said:

I agree, all filing the K3 does is slow down the process for others. In the Facebook group mentioned earlier everyone with a IR1/CR1 at Nebraska is encouraged to apply for a K3 in the hopes their IR1/CR1 will be approved quicker this way. They're expecting the K3 to be denied but the IR1/CR1 to be approved simultaneously. At Nebraska.

Edited by Jon & Ygritte

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

I agree, all filing the K3 does is slow down the process for others. In the Facebook group mentioned earlier everyone with a IR1/CR1 at Nebraska is encouraged to apply for a K3 in the hopes their IR1/CR1 will be approved quicker this way. They're expecting the K3 to be denied but the IR1/CR1 to be approved simultaneously. At Nebraska.

Yeah I left that group a while ago. I sensed a lot of hostility which is not productive. It’s ok to vent on occasion..but I’m not into a forum that promotes a negative attitude. 🙏🏻

APPROVED

Timeline

Seems they are working away on July 12th..I see several RFE sent out today  using search number LIN1890519850

APPROVED

Timeline
18 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

Seems they are working away on July 12th..I see several RFE sent out today  using search number LIN1890519850

I checked also.. lots of rfe and a case was transferred. What's up with nsc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.