TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm also from nebraska sc. PD Nov 5 2018. I am a member of a group in fb for I-130 nebraska filers and some people are encouraging us to file K3. Is it really worth a try? They said it is faster (3months) but I am hoping I will be approve after 3 months also with i130 if nebraska is really 11 months. I am now on my 8th month. Maybe I should just wait. I love and miss my husband so much and its ok for me to wait longer but sometimes I feel bad when he miss me so much andand cant do anything about it and I feel like I disappointed him when he says he thought by this time I am already with him. I just always remind him that being separated for a long time will be worth it once we are together again. I know this journey is hard, but I believe love conquers all. God bless to all of us. ❤

1 minute ago, ZoeNYC said:

Checked my USCIS account today and after 346 days, we were approved!!!!!!!! 🙌

PD: July 9th 2018

NOA1: July 11 2018

NOA2: June 18 2019

Nebraska Service Center

CONGRATS!! Lucky to be the first to greet you. I was just submitting my post and then saw this. ❤❤

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Mrs.Herrera said:

Hello, I'm also from nebraska sc. PD Nov 5 2018. I am a member of a group in fb for I-130 nebraska filers and some people are encouraging us to file K3. Is it really worth a try? They said it is faster (3months) but I am hoping I will be approve after 3 months also with i130 if nebraska is really 11 months. I am now on my 8th month. Maybe I should just wait. I love and miss my husband so much and its ok for me to wait longer but sometimes I feel bad when he miss me so much andand cant do anything about it and I feel like I disappointed him when he says he thought by this time I am already with him. I just always remind him that being separated for a long time will be worth it once we are together again. I know this journey is hard, but I believe love conquers all. God bless to all of us. ❤

Yes I also saw  a group on fb of Nebrasca filers some people there are encouring to file K3

My PD is 24 Aug an have waited 300 days and still waiting

I am really confused  should I proceed with K 3 visa or still wait ?

Could someone please guide me in this

Thank you in advance

Edited by madhuri27

1 hour ago, ZoeNYC said:

Checked my USCIS account today and after 342 days, we were approved!!!!!!!! 🙌

Nebraska Service Center

A day after my wife and I... Come on Nebraska! Congratulations to you all though! 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, madhuri27 said:

Yes I also saw  a group on fb of Nebrasca filers some people there are encouring to file K3

My PD is 24 Aug an have waited 300 days and still waiting

I am really confused  should I proceed with K 3 visa or still wait ?

Could someone please guide me in this

Thank you in advance

don't go for k3 visa bcs you already near to get approval 🙏🙏

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ravi kumar said:

don't go for k3 visa bcs you already near to get approval 🙏🙏

Yeah agreed..unless you filed recently it’s not worth the paper. I have read some people have issues after doing it. 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Timeline
5 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

Yeah agreed..unless you filed recently it’s not worth the paper. I have read some people have issues after doing it. 

k 3 visa just better for a fiance he and she can go there for 90 day and have to get merry there. then they can apply for green card

2 hours ago, ZoeNYC said:

Nebraska Service Center

congratulations 🎊 

I’m in the group where people are filing the i-129f because it came to light there have been a couple of early approvals this way. The I-129f was denied and the I-130 approved instead. 

It’s only people who have recently filed that are doing it because at this stage with Nebraska being so slow - it’s worth a go. 

Anyone who is close to approval(12/13 mths) it’s not worth it 

Timeline
3 hours ago, ZoeNYC said:

Nebraska Service Center

Congrats! Thanks for updating us. I feel happy to see people getting a reply.

342 days.. not bad, your noa1 is July 11 right not 9th..

🙏🙏🤞

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, Kimi31 said:

I’m in the group where people are filing the i-129f because it came to light there have been a couple of early approvals this way. The I-129f was denied and the I-130 approved instead. 

It’s only people who have recently filed that are doing it because at this stage with Nebraska being so slow - it’s worth a go. 

Anyone who is close to approval(12/13 mths) it’s not worth it 

Agreed!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

What can really be won by filing the I-129F? Skipping the line and getting ahead of others whose PD is prior to yours? Or can the I-129F end up in a different service center?

Edited by Jon & Ygritte

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

What can really be won by filing the I-129F? Skipping the line and getting ahead of others whose PD is prior to yours? Or can the I-129F end up in a different service center?

My understanding is that it’s for those of us who were married and live together abroad to be able to enter the US legally and wait for the I-130 to be approved.  I am actually thinking of going this route.  It’s not really jumping the line, it’s an entirely different category of eligibility that was designed to minimize the disruption of families who have already been living together in another country.  The government saw fit to establish this visa process and then failed to see it through in practice, which I think is a shame on its part.  

16 minutes ago, CaroY said:

My understanding is that it’s for those of us who were married and live together abroad to be able to enter the US legally and wait for the I-130 to be approved.  I am actually thinking of going this route.  It’s not really jumping the line, it’s an entirely different category of eligibility that was designed to minimize the disruption of families who have already been living together in another country.  The government saw fit to establish this visa process and then failed to see it through in practice, which I think is a shame on its part.  

I don’t think it’s for those even living togetehr

i believe it was originally created when processing/approval times were long.

i think 13mths is long 

eapecially when Potomac are doing 90 days or less

ifnitnwasnt allowed it wouldn't be there

and filing I-129f doesn’t guarantee approval of I-130 sooner which is what the hope is 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.