TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mr. Bama said:

FILE USA TAX RETURNS: I just wanted everyone to know that I was able to file my USA tax return this year adding my wife on my return and applying for her ITIN number at the same time. Our PD date is January 2019 so hopefully this helps during the NVC phase. We filed married jointly without any problems. It took about 3 months to get the ITIN number, and now the tax return is processing and should be complete in 2 weeks. I just wanted to share my story for those that are considering filing taxes next year and want to add your spouse to prove more bonafide marriage evidence. So regardless of what you hear you can file a joint tax return even if your wife VISA is still pending or not approve.

So even though we haven't gotten our 2nd NOA we can get that and file taxes?

4 minutes ago, Jo&Ro said:

So even though we haven't gotten our 2nd NOA we can get that and file taxes?

Yes.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/nonresident-alien-spouse

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I downloaded the Lawfully app and it says "Unfortunately, your application is taking longer than others", then on the estimated date range page, it says "Your case is within the 16% chance of decision being made after April 2019".

Is this normal cause my case is taking long(but normal compared to other Nebraska filers)? and how is the bar graph helpful cause its quite obvious its in the 100% chances of it being decision made after April 2019, seeing as as how we are now in June and I don't have decision yet lol

My PD is July 2nd

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
39 minutes ago, USEh said:

I downloaded the Lawfully app and it says "Unfortunately, your application is taking longer than others", then on the estimated date range page, it says "Your case is within the 16% chance of decision being made after April 2019".

Is this normal cause my case is taking long(but normal compared to other Nebraska filers)? and how is the bar graph helpful cause its quite obvious its in the 100% chances of it being decision made after April 2019, seeing as as how we are now in June and I don't have decision yet lol

My PD is July 2nd

I think it is pulling from previous years data, but can't find anywhere in the application where it defines "data modeling, based on years of case data" since we are now at crisis levels for Nebraska it will not reflect our current situation. Using USCIS case tracker and knowing that they are not updating on time...we know they are in June toward the end of the month. Your time will be soon :) 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

I think it is pulling from previous years data, but can't find anywhere in the application where it defines "data modeling, based on years of case data" since we are now at crisis levels for Nebraska it will not reflect our current situation. Using USCIS case tracker and knowing that they are not updating on time...we know they are in June toward the end of the month. Your time will be soon :) 

Ahh thank you!! I was slightly panicking for a bit!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, USEh said:

Ahh thank you!! I was slightly panicking for a bit!

Did you download the USCIS Case tracker? You can run 500 cases prior to your date and see what is coming up! 

APPROVED

36 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

Did you download the USCIS Case tracker? You can run 500 cases prior to your date and see what is coming up! 

I should update my potomac list LOL 

I was going to wait till I clear all the potomac receipts I have added on my case tracker it was moving at a great speed and then start to work on Nebraska's movement

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, JMPM said:

I should update my potomac list LOL 

I was going to wait till I clear all the potomac receipts I have added on my case tracker it was moving at a great speed and then start to work on Nebraska's movement

I can see they are working on July as well. RFE's being sent out etc. 

APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, Team A Forever said:

This is good news for me to read! I filed my tax return married jointly while also applying for my husband's ITIN number at the same time. This was in February. He had to courier me his passport after I submitted it so that they could process his application. Haven't heard anything yet, but we're also at the beginning of the NVC stage, so I'm hoping they can get his passport back to me, so that I can get it back to him before he needs to it for the next steps in the process.

Here's a link to post on VJ relating to ITIN. If you don't want to send your passport in, an IRS office can make a copy and submit it for you.

I-130                                                                 I-129F

Spoiler

Mailed: Mar. 9, 2019 (Phoenix LB)              Aug. 9,  2019

NOA1/PD: Mar. 15,  2019 (LIN)                   Aug. 15,  2019

NOA2: Sep. 24, 2019 - Approved                 Sep. 24, 2019 - Denied 

Received NVC: Oct. 18, 2019

NVC Case#: Nov. 09, 2019 (Assigned to China, should be Japan )

AOS Submitted: Nov. 18, 2019

IV Submitted:  Dec. 23, 2019

AOS/IV Approved: Jan. 16, 2020 

Interview Scheduled: Jan. 23, 2020

Request location change: Mid Nov. 2019 --> Feb. 21, 2020

Contacted my Reps (House, Senate): Feb. 5, 2020 - Rep contacted Guangzhou & Tokyo. 

Response 1: Feb. 11, 2020 - Guangzhou gave copy/paste info to my Rep's office.

Response 2: Feb. 18, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy - Requested transfer fm China - Case moved to Administrative Processing 

a Short Time Later after talking with Rep. Case's office, they contacted the embassies again. 

Response 3: Feb. 21, 2020 - Transfer complete; New interview scheduled.

Interview Date: Mar. 2, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy

Visa Issued: Mar. 4, 2020, Visa in hand: Mar. 6, 2020

Time: ~359 Days from start to finish 

POE:  Stupid COVID-19 delaying travel to the US....Aug. 13, 2020 - San Francisco 

GC: Aug 5, 2021 (51 weeks from entry)

I-751

NOA1 - May 20, 2022 CA Service Center

NOA2 - July 20, 2022 Case Transferred to NBC

NOA4 - Sep 1, 2023 Biometrics Appointment 

Feb 6, 2024 I-751 Approved, GC delivered 10 days later.        

N-400

NOA1 - June 23, 2024 Filed online (Honolulu local office)

NOA2 - June 23, 2024 Biometrics reused

NOA3 - :clock:

Timeline
20 hours ago, CaroY said:

Hi.  Sorry!  I had a really busy weekend.  Ok, so I spoke with the reporter for half an hour.  He really wanted the specifics of my case and relationship first, so we went through all of that.  He said to assume he knows nothing of the IR-1/CR-1 process, so I told him the basics and the purpose of the I-130, and really emphasized the discrepancy between Potomac and Nebraska.  He agreed that it seemed very wrong that cases were going through one office so quickly and remaining in another for a year or more.  Asked if it seemed to be based upon where the beneficiary was from, and I said that it doesn’t seem to be that way.  I told him how we all track cases through timelines here, through case numbers, etc. 

We talked about Cissna resigning and his potential replacement.  For those of us filing for spouses, it doesn’t likely mean much will change, but who knows what it could do to the process.  

We talked about the AILA study and the letters that the House and Senate had sent  to USCIS, demanding transparency.  

I said that there are a lot of us in many different situations.  In my case, we’re together, but we have economic, political and health reasons for needing to leave.  For others, you’re apart.  That either way, there’s a lot of strain on us all and it just doesn’t seem right or fair that the situation is as it is.  

He said that barring any other major immigration crises in the meantime, the story should be out in a few days.  I’ll let you know if I hear anything!

Thank you for the update.

🙏🙏🙏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, Saci Singh said:

Any more NOA2...

On tracker says June 20th, many are still waiting.

Going very slow

I don’t know, but I just saw on Facebook that a March 4, 2019 was approved in Potomac 😡 Apparently those of us in Nebraska aren’t praying hard enough. (Sorry, when people attribute their approvals to prayer, it really irks me). 

5 hours ago, CaroY said:

I don’t know, but I just saw on Facebook that a March 4, 2019 was approved in Potomac 😡 Apparently those of us in Nebraska aren’t praying hard enough. (Sorry, when people attribute their approvals to prayer, it really irks me). 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MT0bjJWnozf3pBea-I2NAr6RZ8RzogZmb5BFIVNQwVU/htmlview

I guess you'll get furious when you see the list of Potomac receipts I have kept. (haven't updated it. I will though when I got time)

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Timeline
6 hours ago, CaroY said:

Yeah i saw that too..and yeah it pisses me off!  Potomac is now processing some cases almost 4 times faster than Nebraska...that is "the" only reason. Has nothing to do with prayers...how neat and orderly their paperwork is..they are oblivious to what is going on with Nebraska. We are all getting totally screwed in this process. Our case just sits in a pile waiting for someone to look at :(

APPROVED

Timeline
1 hour ago, JMPM said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MT0bjJWnozf3pBea-I2NAr6RZ8RzogZmb5BFIVNQwVU/htmlview

I guess you'll get furious when you see the list of Potomac receipts I have kept. (haven't updated it. I will though when I got time)

Wow that is a lot of work! Hope you sent this to your congress person and NPR? I would sent it to everyone :) LOL. I like seeing statistics as it give the real picture to anyone who questions why we are all pissed! 

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.