TBoneTX

October 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

3,103 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

They don't usually update anything until later. I'll post the scan results as soon as I get back from work, around 9-10 pm (Eastern time)

Thank you @Daniel P Not sure what I would do without your scans.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 minutes ago, veeandzack said:

am I the only one looking at old thread from 2016 - early 2017 wondering what happened to that 2-3month processing time to get the noa2? :(. Lucky me I get to spend time with my fiance every 2-3 month while we waiting for the approval. I don't know how some of you handle  with no visit for the whole process :wacko: You are the real MVP.

I'm also wondering what happened to the 2-3 month processing.  Its not like this is some free government program.  We all paid good money for the Visa processing fee so we should get good service.  Doing thorough background checks on everyone is a good thing but it doesn't take 6 to nine months to do it.  This is a completely ridiculous for all of us to have to go through just to be able to be with the person we love.

Day 185 now and still counting  

Timeline
6 minutes ago, jean baptiste said:

thx for all  Daniel i never got to say this yet but thx for keeping us alive here in the community. it's very useful what you're doing. i don't know but for me you're just good at it 

thx a lot and wish to meet you one day physicaly somewhere there  

I thought the same thing.  I seriously wanna go to PA and visit @Daniel P .  My fiance can make  you and your fiancee an awesome paella :)  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
13 minutes ago, jean baptiste said:

thx for all  Daniel i never got to say this yet but thx for keeping us alive here in the community. it's very useful what you're doing. i don't know but for me you're just good at it 

thx a lot and wish to meet you one day physicaly somewhere there  

Thanks for your kind words, it already is a hard enough process to go through without any information, so I'm happy to help on that aspect.

I wouldn't say no to that! Let me know if you happen to go to Scranton area some day ;)

Timeline
16 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

I thought the same thing.  I seriously wanna go to PA and visit @Daniel P .  My fiance can make  you and your fiancee an awesome paella :)  

Hahaha I'm Spanish and I must say paella isn't one of my favorite dishes, some cake would be much more appreciated though :D

Timeline
1 minute ago, Daniel P said:

Hahaha I'm Spanish and I must say paella isn't one of my favorite dishes, some cake would be much more appreciated though :D

Lo que tu quieras.  El te lo puede hacer  LOL  ( whatever you want, he can make it)  Hes a great cook :)  

Timeline
6 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

Lo que tu quieras.  El te lo puede hacer  LOL  ( whatever you want, he can make it)  Hes a great cook :)  

Well unless it's a paella valenciana, in that case both, the paella and the cake :D

12 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

Thanks for your kind words, it already is a hard enough process to go through without any information, so I'm happy to help on that aspect.

I wouldn't say no to that! Let me know if you happen to go to Scranton area some day ;)

good dear friend i know ill be leaving in northen portland area but whenever we're getting closer we'll still be in touch and yes do this meet somewhere. 

so every one will be leaving in portlqnd area, Seattle or where ever around there, please take a note we need to meet and celebrate this

16 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

BY the way please Dani. i have a question.

my fiancee and i were disucussing about buying our family house before the end of this process but my question is about this situation;

now we have enough money to proove she's over the pooverty guideline (talking about the affidavit of support)

but i'm thinking since the process will be taking around 2 month just after the NOA2, if we made an offer for a house, in about 30 or 45 days the bank will take out a big amount of money out of they account for the first downpayment (of course after the first downpayement we'll still a bit more money over the guideline)

do they embassy or consulate use to check in with the bank or whatever to confirm the bank information at the interview ? because if so the previous bank letter will be showing a nother amount and if we buy the house before the end the of the process, i'm sure that by the time of the interview the same amount will not be there. so is that can cause any problem regarding the financial aspect?

i wish i'm  clear enought in my question

thx in advance for any one with a sugestion

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

6 minutes ago, jean baptiste said:

do they embassy or consulate use to check in with the bank or whatever to confirm the bank information at the interview ? because if so the previous bank letter will be showing a nother amount and if we buy the house before the end the of the process, i'm sure that by the time of the interview the same amount will not be there. so is that can cause any problem regarding the financial aspect?

If I'm not mistaken, they look at income not debts. So they are wanting to see that your sponsor has a sufficient income to support you. Assuming they can show a monthly income well over the poverty line via employment letters, W2s, tax returns, I'm not sure you even need to show a letter from the bank unless you are using that amount as assets to cover a gap that the income is under the poverty line. Also, if you buy a house, that would count as an asset with the down payment you put down as cash equity that could support you guys if the need arises. I'm not a resident expert though, so we'll see what others say <3 I wouldn't worry too much about it if it were me though.

Timeline

I don't think there will be any problem as long as your fiancée makes enough money (above the poverty guideline). If you fulfill that requirement, the money you fiancée has in the bank isn't that important (although it never hurts to have some, specially if she is too close to that limit). I really don't think the embassy will check such information, they'll have a better chance to look at your financial situation when you adjust status

6 minutes ago, sumbunny said:

If I'm not mistaken, they look at income not debts. So they are wanting to see that your sponsor has a sufficient income to support you. Assuming they can show a monthly income well over the poverty line via employment letters, W2s, tax returns, I'm not sure you even need to show a letter from the bank unless you are using that amount as assets to cover a gap that the income is under the poverty line. Also, if you buy a house, that would count as an asset with the down payment you put down as cash equity that could support you guys if the need arises. I'm not a resident expert though, so we'll see what others say <3 I wouldn't worry too much about it if it were me though.

thx for this. super good

5 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

I don't think there will be any problem as long as your fiancée makes enough money (above the poverty guideline). If you fulfill that requirement, the money you fiancée has in the bank isn't that important (although it never hurts to have some, specially if she is too close to that limit). I really don't think the embassy will check such information, they'll have a better chance to look at your financial situation when you adjust status

very useful. thx very much once again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.