TBoneTX

October 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

3,103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Yuilicious said:

So happy to see some of us are getting NOA2! :)

I have a few questions..

When my fiancé and I sent I-129F to USCIS, I had information saying that we only need one "Letter of Intent to Marry," not one each from me (the beneficiary) and my fiancé (the petitioner). I should have just sent two letters from both of us since it is a simple task, but I was being naive, so we only sent one Letter of Intent to Marry. Really silly... I know.. I signed the letter we sent, but the letter itself states that it is from the petitioner, so that means they don't have the letter from beneficiary.

We may not get a RFE for this, but I am trying to prepare for it now so that when we receive it, we will be able to send the response as soon as possible!

Here are my questions:

1. What date do you think I should put next to my name and signature? Should I put the actual date that I'd be writing after RFE or should I write the date the same day as my first Letter of Intent (so it will be some date on October, 2017)?

2. As some of you have discussed before (either on this thread or maybe on another month thread), I just wanted to make sure that we DO NOT need to send wet signature to USCIS, right? So I can write my signature (wet signature) on my letter of Intent to Marry, scan it (which the signature will be not wet anymore), email it to my USA citizen fiancé, he can print it out and mail it to USCIS.

Am I correct about this?:)

Thank you for reading my post, everyone! 

Yes, a scanned copy of an original document with wet signature is permitted by the USCIS: 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-finalizes-guidance-signature-requirements

I am aware of a recent approved applicant who submitted a single letter of intent to marry that contained  statements from both the beneficiary and petitioner of intent to marry and was signed by both the beneficiary and petitioner.  They did NOT receive an RFE.  If you did the same, it seems you should be ok.  But,  most petitioners include two separate letters, one from the beneficiary, and one from the petitioner.

Edited by JoelThai

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

LOL
If your wedding is October and you have a May POE, I take it you're probably doing a court wedding first to file AOS? lol

But I think May is unlikely right now. Keep in mind it's taking people from Naija an average of about 40 days from NOA2 to approval. But I think June is a high possibility (if the calendar for interviews behaves itself). Lagos is PACKED right now. I just tell people - whatever you see now, grab it
Won't be there tomorrow. :rofl:

Chai! 😔 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

1) IF you get an RFE for this, it makes more sense to have a date close with the RFE. Since you are acknowledging that you missed something and are now fixing the issue. Using the original petition date that would complicate things and you don't want to complicate this process any further. 
2) You are correct, the letter of Intent can be a scanned signature. 

Thank you so much for the response!

1) Okay! As you said, a date close with the RFE makes more sense to me as well! Thank you:)

2) Glad to know this for sure so we don't have to spend expensive international shipping fees! haha 

19 minutes ago, JoelThai said:

Yes, a scanned copy of an original document with wet signature is permitted by the USCIS: 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-finalizes-guidance-signature-requirements

I am aware of a recent approved applicant who submitted a single letter of intent to marry that contained  statements from both the beneficiary and petitioner of intent to marry and was signed by both the beneficiary and petitioner.  They did NOT receive an RFE.  If you did the same, it seems you should be ok.  But,  most petitioners include two separate letters, one from the beneficiary, and one from the petitioner.

Thank you for the response!

That's good to hear that a recent approved applicant with one letter of intent to marry. When we submit I-129F, I was gathering information from multiple websites, and I was so sure that we only needed to send one, even though on USCIS website, it is clearly states we need to include two separate letters.. LOL I wish I sent two separate letters for the sake of my peace of mind. Hopefully, we won't get RFE for this as the other couple. I won't lose hope, but if I get RFE for this, I also know what to do! Thank you so much!:)

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Yuilicious said:

Thank you so much for the response!

1) Okay! As you said, a date close with the RFE makes more sense to me as well! Thank you:)

2) Glad to know this for sure so we don't have to spend expensive international shipping fees! haha 

Thank you for the response!

That's good to hear that a recent approved applicant with one letter of intent to marry. When we submit I-129F, I was gathering information from multiple websites, and I was so sure that we only needed to send one, even though on USCIS website, it is clearly states we need to include two separate letters.. LOL I wish I sent two separate letters for the sake of my peace of mind. Hopefully, we won't get RFE for this as the other couple. I won't lose hope, but if I get RFE for this, I also know what to do! Thank you so much!:)

Yes, I was under the same impression that two letters were necessary only because that is what everyone seems to say.  But the instructions actually do not state that two pages are required. Here is the text from the I-129F Instruction sheet: 

Intention to Marry Within 90 Days of Entry. Submit evidence that you and your fiancé(e) intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e)’s entry as a K-1 nonimmigrant. Evidence of your intention to marry may include statements of intent to marry signed by both you and your fiancé(e) or any other evidence that establishes, by a preponderance of the evidence, your mutual intention

https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

So, if your single page has two individually signed statements declaring intent to marry, one each for you and your beneficiary you should  be ok.  It is not the two pieces of paper the USCIS is looking for, it is the two statements and two signatures.  Both can be on a single sheet of paper.

Edited by JoelThai

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My self and fiance both filled out letter of intent. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Timeline
13 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

Wait... what?  I submitted two letters.  One from both of us with wet signatures. Will I get an RFE?  

No, you should not get an RFE,  two letters are also fine.   Wet Signatures are fine.   :thumbs: In fact, since most submit two letters, it is probably the most "comfortable" choice.   

But a single page with two statements, both statements signed is also fine.   As evidence to support this, I did have an exchange with a member here on VJ who described to me this format and confirmed he received approval without an RFE.

Documents with Wet Signatures  and Scanned signed original documents are both acceptable by the USCIS. 

Edited by JoelThai

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ashley and Kija said:

Still waiting old website says received oct 6th new website says oct 11th. :rolleyes: Hope we all get approved soon. I was trying to track cases but not sure how. The app i have only lets you try 50 at a time only 3 times a day. 

That was same for me but I got my notification through app around 10.30pm est

15 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

That was same for me but I got my notification through app around 10.30pm est

So what about our taxes? I sent 2015 taxes but 2016 tax extension letter as I didn’t do my taxes yet for that year. I am thinking that might be the reason for my RFE, what do you guys think? I have both 2016 and 2017 now, but then didn’t. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, ToniAnn said:

So what about our taxes? I sent 2015 taxes but 2016 tax extension letter as I didn’t do my taxes yet for that year. I am thinking that might be the reason for my RFE, what do you guys think? I have both 2016 and 2017 now, but then didn’t. 

You don't need tax information until the I-134 Affidavit of Support that the beneficiary must bring to the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.