TBoneTX

October 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

3,103 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Found this post which is kinda old and apologies if it's been on this thread before. It takes you through the steps from the adjudicator's perspective. It really depends and whose desk you end up in.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a

Edited by Albert V
Misspelling

10-23-2017 I-129F Sent

10-25-2017 NOA1

05-10-2018 NOA2 

05-29-2018 NVC Received

05-30-2018 NVC Case # Assigned

07-10-2018 Case In Transit

07-12-2018 Embassy received

10-03-2018 Interview (Approved!)

10-21-2018 POE 

11-28-2018 Wedding

01-11-2019 AOS/EAD filed (NOA1)

02-11-2019 Biometrics

03-25-2019 AOS Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

04-08-2019 Interview scheduled (for May 22nd)

05-22-2019 AOS Interview (no decision)

08-06-2019 EAD Approval

08-11-2022 RFE

10-24-2022 AOS Approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
23 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

question for those that got RFE'd how long did it or is it taking you to get your hard copy? What part of the country are you in? lol so i can guestimate lol

lol this is promising since i too was RFE'd and waiting for hard copy

Also @karlabarbosa

RFE's (like any other USCIS mail) will take probably about 5 business days depending on which side of the country you live at.

I always suggest you think about what the RFE is about. Many people know what their RFE would be about before it gets to them.
If you know an idea of what it is, put those documents together now. If not, then just wait. 

USCIS says the turn around can be up to 60 days (and yes, that does happen, but rarely). Here on VJ, it's been about 2 weeks. I even saw some 6-8 day folks from when uscis receives it.
Chin up, it's okay. Hopefully it's a simple RFE and y'alls approvals are on the way once they have it! 
:thumbs:

Edited by emekus94

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Also @karlabarbosa

RFE's (like any other USCIS mail) will take probably about 5 business days depending on which side of the country you live at.

I always suggest you think about what the RFE is about. Many people know what their RFE would be about before it gets to them.
If you know an idea of what it is, put those documents together now. If not, then just wait. 

USCIS says the turn around can be up to 60 days (and yes, that does happen, but rarely). Here on VJ, it's been about 2 weeks. I even saw some 6-8 day folks from when uscis receives it.
Chin up, it's okay. Hopefully it's a simple RFE and y'alls approvals are on the way once they have it! 
:thumbs:

oooooohhhh!!!! probably because i did not copy my naija passport (i have my american and naija passport) and that is how i travel. So they are probably wondering how did I enter naija :( 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

oooooohhhh!!!! probably because i did not copy my naija passport (i have my american and naija passport) and that is how i travel. So they are probably wondering how did I enter naija :( 

So your American passport does not have stamps?
What did you use for "proof of meeting" the past 2 year? Because passport stamps are the best ways to prove that. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

So your American passport does not have stamps?
What did you use for "proof of meeting" the past 2 year? Because passport stamps are the best ways to prove that. 

I think my American passport only has my stamps coming back into the country.. My naija passport has my entry stamps into naija. It also shows his passport coming into the country and his visa, plus pictures of us together. And I sent itineraries... So maybe that may be it...

Timeline

I'm also wondering about traditional weddings. I dont think an adjudicator would really understand that we are not legally married. My fear is them making me do a different process for no reason... And our church wedding is in October 😔 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

I think my American passport only has my stamps coming back into the country.. My naija passport has my entry stamps into naija. It also shows his passport coming into the country and his visa, plus pictures of us together. And I sent itineraries... So maybe that may be it...

oh.
Yea- am not sure.
We can wait and see- probably by weekend.

Because my naija passport has stamps coming in and out of Naija
Which is what I used for proof of having been in the country then.

11 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

I'm also wondering about traditional weddings. I dont think an adjudicator would really understand that we are not legally married. My fear is them making me do a different process for no reason... And our church wedding is in October 😔 

Do you submit pics of traditional wedding with your application?
You don't really have to worry about that with USCIS unless you WROTE with the pictures that you were performing a marriage ceremony. Your issue is at the interview. That's typically when this whole "married but not really" thing comes up

Timeline
1 minute ago, emekus94 said:

oh.
Yea- am not sure.
We can wait and see- probably by weekend.

Because my naija passport has stamps coming in and out of Naija
Which is what I used for proof of having been in the country then.

Do you submit pics of traditional wedding with your application?
You don't really have to worry about that with USCIS unless you WROTE with the pictures that you were performing a marriage ceremony. Your issue is at the interview. That's typically when this whole "married but not really" thing comes up

Yea the passport thingy isn't the case for me because I don't want to go through visa Wahala.. So I enter naija  with naija passport and enter us with us passport 

I didn't have my trad until December after I did petition... So ya I just have to wait for hard copy... I hope I get it soon so I can just resolve and get this over with sha... E dey pain me too much 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

Yea the passport thingy isn't the case for me because I don't want to go through visa Wahala.. So I enter naija  with naija passport and enter us with us passport 

I didn't have my trad until December after I did petition... So ya I just have to wait for hard copy... I hope I get it soon so I can just resolve and get this over with sha... E dey pain me too much 

Lol
I think you're fine girl.
And you have plenty of time for your wedding in October. I wouldn't really worry about things. You should have your approval hopefully by month end or early May--
Your guy should be done with interviews all by July/August depending on when you get out of NVC cuz right now, interviews are mid June (though I think it's cuz it's summer season and everybody wants to travel. Interviews should open up again soon)

4 minutes ago, YandJ said:

We are approved!!!! 

NOA1: 10/03/18

NOA2 : 4/11/18

There wasn't a notification on the app. The app registered the approval when I scanned. The old site was updated but the new site was not reflecting the change. Super excited!!!! :jest:

Congratulationsssssssssssss 

Edited by emekus94

Timeline
1 minute ago, emekus94 said:

Lol
I think you're fine girl.
And you have plenty of time for your wedding in October. I wouldn't really worry about things. You should have your approval hopefully by month end or early May--
Your guy should be done with interviews all by July/August depending on when you get out of NVC cuz right now, interviews are mid June (though I think it's cuz it's summer season and everybody wants to travel. Interviews should open up again soon)

Congratulationsssssssssssss 

Lol dang I was hoping poe by end of May... Im delusional 😭 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

So happy to see some of us are getting NOA2! :)

I have a few questions..

When my fiancé and I sent I-129F to USCIS, I had information saying that we only need one "Letter of Intent to Marry," not one each from me (the beneficiary) and my fiancé (the petitioner). I should have just sent two letters from both of us since it is a simple task, but I was being naive, so we only sent one Letter of Intent to Marry. Really silly... I know.. I signed the letter we sent, but the letter itself states that it is from the petitioner, so that means they don't have the letter from beneficiary.

We may not get a RFE for this, but I am trying to prepare for it now so that when we receive it, we will be able to send the response as soon as possible!

Here are my questions:

1. What date do you think I should put next to my name and signature? Should I put the actual date that I'd be writing after RFE or should I write the date the same day as my first Letter of Intent (so it will be some date on October, 2017)?

2. As some of you have discussed before (either on this thread or maybe on another month thread), I just wanted to make sure that we DO NOT need to send wet signature to USCIS, right? So I can write my signature (wet signature) on my letter of Intent to Marry, scan it (which the signature will be not wet anymore), email it to my USA citizen fiancé, he can print it out and mail it to USCIS.

Am I correct about this?:)

Thank you for reading my post, everyone! 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

Lol dang I was hoping poe by end of May... Im delusional 😭 

LOL
If your wedding is October and you have a May POE, I take it you're probably doing a court wedding first to file AOS? lol

But I think May is unlikely right now. Keep in mind it's taking people from Naija an average of about 40 days from NOA2 to approval. But I think June is a high possibility (if the calendar for interviews behaves itself). Lagos is PACKED right now. I just tell people - whatever you see now, grab it
Won't be there tomorrow. :rofl:

Edited by emekus94

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Yuilicious said:

So happy to see some of us are getting NOA2! :)

I have a few questions..

When my fiancé and I sent I-129F to USCIS, I had information saying that we only need one "Letter of Intent to Marry," not one each from me (the beneficiary) and my fiancé (the petitioner). I should have just sent two letters from both of us since it is a simple task, but I was being naive, so we only sent one Letter of Intent to Marry. Really silly... I know.. I signed the letter we sent, but the letter itself states that it is from the petitioner, so that means they don't have the letter from beneficiary.

We may not get a RFE for this, but I am trying to prepare for it now so that when we receive it, we will be able to send the response as soon as possible!

Here are my questions:

1. What date do you think I should put next to my name and signature? Should I put the actual date that I'd be writing after RFE or should I write the date the same day as my first Letter of Intent (so it will be some date on October, 2017)?

2. As some of you have discussed before (either on this thread or maybe on another month thread), I just wanted to make sure that we DO NOT need to send wet signature to USCIS, right? So I can write my signature (wet signature) on my letter of Intent to Marry, scan it (which the signature will be not wet anymore), email it to my USA citizen fiancé, he can print it out and mail it to USCIS.

Am I correct about this?:)

Thank you for reading my post, everyone! 

1) IF you get an RFE for this, it makes more sense to have a date close with the RFE. Since you are acknowledging that you missed something and are now fixing the issue. Using the original petition date that would complicate things and you don't want to complicate this process any further. 
2) You are correct, the letter of Intent can be a scanned signature. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.