TBoneTX

October 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

3,103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, JoelThai said:

No, I don't think that a single prior marriage alone would cause a 2 month delay in processing.   But, my guess is that if a petitioner has had multiple marriages, multiple K1 filings, and multiple arrests in the past, the USCIS will scrutinize the application to be sure  that they do not miss something and that will affect processing time.  One reason mentioned for this scrutiny is the result of the San Bernardino shooter/killer who entered the US on a K1 .   Senator Ted Cruz discusses this for several minutes in the Video.

I will close my thoughts here by noting that I believe that there is a reason that some petitions can take 30, 60, or even 90 days longer than others.   I would be interested if anyone has other suggestions as to explain why.

That  makes sense to me... Agreed, some of the cases can be complicated. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
42 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

They just rfe'd me yesterday and I'm October 11th

What was your RFE about?

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Timeline

I keep getting alerts about updates on my USCIS app, but nothing changes when i look at the latest case approved on my app ( Oct 10 Phillipines). Anyone else that is experiencing the same thing?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Michelle_ said:

So,  based on what you're saying,  everyone who was previously married could wait another couple of months?

My fiance was previously married and I have a criminal record... we got an RFE on Monday. Its not an approval but they've looked at our file and I'm assuming background checks have already gone through.. I was afraid with all of that we would get left behind, but it doesn't seem to be true at least in our case.. hoping to give others peace of mind 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I have never gotten an update on the new case tracker app and i get one this morning.  I heart almost jumped out of my chest.  It was just a notification about a visa bulletin.  UGHHH  :angry:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, AnaUmo said:

What was your RFE about?

I dont know yet, i just got the notification on the app yesterday :( so I am waiting for the hard copy

6 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

I have never gotten an update on the new case tracker app and i get one this morning.  I heart almost jumped out of my chest.  It was just a notification about a visa bulletin.  UGHHH  :angry:

hahaha hey we're on the same boat i got the same and i jumped out of Bed but ugh it put me back in bed without any more sleep and sad. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, r1mario said:

I keep getting alerts about updates on my USCIS app, but nothing changes when i look at the latest case approved on my app ( Oct 10 Phillipines). Anyone else that is experiencing the same thing?

Same , but no change in app. :(

Timeline
17 minutes ago, L and E said:

My fiance was previously married and I have a criminal record... we got an RFE on Monday. Its not an approval but they've looked at our file and I'm assuming background checks have already gone through.. I was afraid with all of that we would get left behind, but it doesn't seem to be true at least in our case.. hoping to give others peace of mind 

Thank you, Yes waa concerned as we have both been married, but only once, & no other issues .Yes as everyone is saying receiving an RFE isn't bad, just send in asap & you're on you're way to NOA2!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

House please, I saw something on the "NOTICE OF ACTION" form sent to my finacee.

On that form there is "received date  and notice date"

Moreover on the old uscis app it mention received date as the date when your application will be time framed to approval.

But now on the new website and app it is showing the "notice date".

So in a logical sense of it, it is  until the notice date have expires you can expect something from them not the receive date.....

Edited by Highzik

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, GandL2017 said:

finally! we just got approved! 

noa1 oct. 10

noa2 apr. 11

183 days!

Yep! Yep! Seeing quite a few April 11th approvals popping up in mini scans friends! Awesome start to today!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
26 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

I dont know yet, i just got the notification on the app yesterday :( so I am waiting for the hard copy

Keep calm you have just two week to approval.go 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.