TBoneTX

October 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

3,103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 hours ago, Michelle_ said:

So,  based on what you're saying,  everyone who was previously married could wait another couple of months?

No, I don't think that a single prior marriage alone would cause a 2 month delay in processing.   But, my guess is that if a petitioner has had multiple marriages, multiple K1 filings, and multiple arrests in the past, the USCIS will scrutinize the application to be sure  that they do not miss something and that will affect processing time.  One reason mentioned for this scrutiny is the result of the San Bernardino shooter/killer who entered the US on a K1 .   Senator Ted Cruz discusses this for several minutes in the Video.

I will close my thoughts here by noting that I believe that there is a reason that some petitions can take 30, 60, or even 90 days longer than others.   I would be interested if anyone has other suggestions as to explain why.

Edited by JoelThai

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Christy&J said:

OmG ! I just googled pic those food ! my fave could be the Gbegiri and Ewedu one ! that looks almost same like " Nasi Padang " !

it's spicy and delish delish !!!

👏👏👏👏👏👏 correct.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, ChuAni said:

THAT'S IT!!!🇳🇬

Ofe Owerri (I'm from Imo)!😜😜

Your head dey there jooor......my people.🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
25 minutes ago, JoelThai said:

No, I don't think that a single prior marriage alone would cause a 2 month delay in processing.   But, my guess is that if a petitioner has had multiple marriages, multiple K1 filings, and multiple arrests in the past, the USCIS will scrutinize the application to be sure  that they do not miss something and that will affect processing time.   One reason mentioned for this scrutiny is the result of the San Bernardino shooter/killer who entered the US on a K1 .   Senator Ted Cruz discusses this for several minutes in the Video.

I will close my thoughts here by noting that I believe that there is a reason that some petitions can take 30, 60, or even 90 days longer than others.   I would be interested if anyone has other suggestions as to explain why.

I don't know if I believe  this.  I think it depends on what desk your folder lands on.  I am a law enforcement officer.  Spot clean background.  Never married.  My fiance as well.  And we are still waiting.  But again, what do i know?  

Edited by DPP123

Timeline
3 hours ago, ChuAni said:

Oh No!

Who said that???

She was referring to my analysis of why some cases take longer than others, but her take away was not what I had intended.   

My apologies for alarming anyone, a single prior marriage would not have any significant affect on processing time of a case.  But if there is a history of multiple marriages, I would expect that the USCIS will look to see what the reasons were for divorce.   Of concern to them would be if divorce was due to domestic abuse for example.  

Edited by JoelThai

Timeline
2 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

I don't know how I believe  this.  I think it really what desk your folder lands on.  I am a law enforcement officer.  Spot clean background.  Never married.  My fiance as well.  And we are still waiting.  But again, what do i know?  

I am talking about cases where wait times are 30 days or more.   If you are under 30 days wait, I agree also with you.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, JoelThai said:

But if there is a history of multiple marriages, I would expect that the USCIS will look to see what the reasons were for divorce.   Of concern to them would be if divorce was due to domestic abuse for example.  

As a follow on to my statement, IMBRA (International Marriage Broker Regulation Act) is something that the USCIS takes very seriously.

https://rapidvisa.com/imbra/

Many of the questions on the I-129F are tailored to assist in the IMBRA screening process and can trigger further review.  Hopefully these are not issues that any of us need to worry about.  :mellow:

Edited by JoelThai

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, JoelThai said:

As a follow on to my statement, IMBRA (International Marriage Broker Regulation Act) is something that the USCIS takes very seriously.

https://rapidvisa.com/imbra/

The many of the questions on the I-129F are tailored to assist in the screening process and can trigger further review.

I seriously keep waiting for them to show them that my aunt is not an international marriage broker.  lol  My aunt introduced us.  But they just might shock me.  

Edited by DPP123

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Highzik said:

Can anyone tell what date they are randomly attending to?.......October 19th is like Jupiter to earth now.🤒🤒🤒🤒🤢🤢🤢🤢

They just rfe'd me yesterday and I'm October 11th

Wish people would stop sharing un-confirmed information... im starting to get obsessed over reasons why we haven’t got NOA2 yet & i shouldnt get like this because its still early days for us Octobers 😥

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.