TBoneTX

October 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

3,103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

Screenshot_20180407-145528_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for the update on this, but it would be awesome if they did so they can catch up on the backlog they’re having , plus USCIS new website kinda pushes things back  too, ughhh but patience is a virtue...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarac9 said:

Patience goes a long way. You've waited this far and we are all at the finish line of this race. I hope you get yours soon! Maybe even on Monday!! My fiance and I literally live on opposite corners of the world too and we haven't seen each other in 6 months. We won't be seeing each other now until he is here. Trust me I had ai much anxiety all week last week. My stomach was churning I was stressed out and I kept checking the damn status update. Even my fiance was stressed out. We were venting and taking it out on each other. But after reflection we decided to just relax and keep this out of our minds because the time spent apart will teach us to be more patient, and we will appreciate more the following years spent together. I distract myself with talking to people here because we are all in this together and we understand each other and I just honestly overwork and literally spend the rest of the time at gym otherwise I be stress eating chocolate 

I completely agree! This community is my life line - this process can leave you feeling like you're all alone and those feelings of isolation can be a downward spiral and absolutely manifest in other ways. Wishing everyone on here a speedy approval so they can be one step closer to the first day of the rest of their lives :):) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Regie Ray said:

Just wondering , does USCIS still process cases on weekends?

I've heard that schedules are flexible for adjudicators. The only requirement is that they must log 40 hours in a week, and overtime is available. That's why you see some updates come in later at night. Some adjudicators work later shifts than others. Overtime is used to catch up on back logged cases, so you will rarely see newer cases approved on the weekend.

Edited by dkmfan85

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
50 minutes ago, sillyali said:

I think 16th is still your received date and like what they told me earlier, 18th is the submitted date. 

50 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

October 18th is submitted date. The way they process has not changed. The submitted date is used if a case is out of normal processing time then you can submit an inquiry. They got rid of the old website which showed month and date they processed now the website daily updates to a new date from which an individual can inquire. And as of today its September 9th. 

Thank you for clarifying this! It really helps to know how our cases are processed. 

1 hour ago, Regie Ray said:

Thanks for the update on this, but it would be awesome if they did so they can catch up on the backlog they’re having , plus USCIS new website kinda pushes things back  too, ughhh but patience is a virtue...

Actually the new website clarifies things for all of us. Although the average adjudication time has increased over the past year, they have at least given us a clear idea of when we can inquire etc in case we are out of normal processing time. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Brigitte84 said:

We are here for you! We all understand how hard all this is. If you want to talk I’m here for you. My future inlaws live in Michigan :) but my fiancé lives in California. I haven’t seen him since October, thank God he’s coming to visit in two weeks! Hang in there! You’ll get your approval very soon. We are 10/31 so we are still waiting. 

Thanks you so much for your support! We actually don’t want to get married in US because the process is taking so long and it’s involving a huge amount of money (which we can use to travel around more)! But we decided to give it a try since we cannot get married here in Malaysia. 

That’s cool! I hope you’ll enjoy your time with your fiancé. Are you going to live in US after this or you’re going to live somewhere else?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Received an RFE to provide evidence my fiancé plans to marry me within 90 days. We had included a notarized letter with our packet originally saying we intend to marry but did not specify with in 90 day. It says I can also include wedding preparations but what do I do when we can't necessarily set a date. Also they want more information of how we have established our relationship. I had included some before but most of our relationship has been through online, phone calls, video since we haven't physically spent a lot of time together due to jobs and distance. Any suggestions???

07/14/18 : WEDDiNG :wub:

9/12/18 - AOS & EAD application sent

9/14/18 - Receipt of AOS & EAD

9/21/18 - Notice of Biometric appt rec'd

10/11/18 - Biometrics appt.

1/23/19 - Notice of interview date rec'd

2/27/19 - Interview date & verbal approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ElieSon said:

Received an RFE to provide evidence my fiancé plans to marry me within 90 days. We had included a notarized letter with our packet originally saying we intend to marry but did not specify with in 90 day. It says I can also include wedding preparations but what do I do when we can't necessarily set a date. Also they want more information of how we have established our relationship. I had included some before but most of our relationship has been through online, phone calls, video since we haven't physically spent a lot of time together due to jobs and distance. Any suggestions???

You only need to send what they ask for. Just send the letter of intent to marry within 90 days. It must have a wet ink, original signature, no copies.

For establishing a relationship, the most important evidence is that you have met each other within the two years previous to filing your petition. There is a hierarchy of evidence. Passport stamps, boarding passes, train tickets, etc. that bear names and dates are the highest. Photos, chat logs and things of that type are a lower form of evidence and act only to support the higher. They also want to know how you met and that your case does/doesn't qualify under the IMBRA.

Edited by dkmfan85

Timeline
10 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

You only need to send what they ask for. Just send the letter of intent to marry within 90 days. It must have a wet ink, original signature, no copies.

For establishing a relationship, the most important evidence is that you have met each other within the two years previous to filing your petition. There is a hierarchy of evidence. Passport stamps, boarding passes, train tickets, etc. that bear names and dates are the highest. Photos, chat logs and things of that type are a lower form of evidence and act only to support the higher. They also want to know how you met and that your case does/doesn't qualify under the IMBRA.

I did send passport stamps, plane tickets and photos of my trips in June 2017 and September 2017. Do they want further detail like that we WhatsApp every night?

Received a RFE,  issued the 3rd. they want police report and court records from misdemeanor conviction from 1985. 33 years ago. are you kidding me! I called the Police dept and the court. all records have been destroyed. Now I need to get the court to issue certified letter stating no records exist.

how about a ten year limit on misdemeanors. Make sure you get the records and send them in with your app. and if the records no longer exist, then don't bring it up....the one good thing is that's all they asked for, so getting movement but now probably 30 days more delay. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
15 minutes ago, ElieSon said:

I did send passport stamps, plane tickets and photos of my trips in June 2017 and September 2017. Do they want further detail like that we WhatsApp every night?

Do you guys skype?  Print out your history on skype.  a lot less pages than whatsapp but you can also email  yourself your whole whatsapp history of conversations with him ( i hope you archive ) and then just print out random times and explain that they are random because printing out the whole history would be too many pages.  I hope that helps  good luck

Timeline
19 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

Do you guys skype?  Print out your history on skype.  a lot less pages than whatsapp but you can also email  yourself your whole whatsapp history of conversations with him ( i hope you archive ) and then just print out random times and explain that they are random because printing out the whole history would be too many pages.  I hope that helps  good luck

We use IMO but I don't see a good way to get a log of that. I guess I have to go into greater detail?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, ElieSon said:

We use IMO but I don't see a good way to get a log of that. I guess I have to go into greater detail?

All u can do is take screen shots. I had to do that for dated photos cus my phone does not pit dates on the photos. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Timeline
1 hour ago, dkmfan85 said:

Are they looking for a specific date or just "within 90 days."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you need to be careful with the wording on the RFE.  They asked for information about the establishment of the relationship, not the continuation.  In ours along with the evidence of meeting in the last 2 years, we submitted a short page about how/where we met and how it lead to us being together and me visiting her.  You need to be careful with what they are asking for. 

11/14/17 129F mailed

11/17/17 NOA1

05/14/18 NOA2

06/06/18 NVC received and case # assigned

06/12/18 left NVC

06/13/18 Manila Embassy received

06/13/18 CFO completed at Clark Pampanga

06/18-19/18 Medical exam

07/10/18 Interview - APPROVED!!

07/29/18 POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.