TBoneTX

October 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

3,103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Seraphinek said:

This is a stressful moment for me. Still waiting for our approval (13/10). I was hoping to get approved when I was still with my fiancé together in Vietnam, at least I’ll leave Vietnam happy knowing that I’ll get to see him very soon. He can’t be in Malaysia currently because the last time when he was leaving (about 2 months++ ago) the immigration officer in Malaysia warned him not to return anytime soon. And today I left Vietnam back to malaysia as today is my last day of my visa. as for him, he decided to go back to US. We’ve done this before because of the problems with Malaysian immigration but it’s starting to become depressing for me. I got no one, no family and I barely got any friends here in Malaysia. I don’t have anyone to talk to. It’s becoming hard to communicate too now since the time difference between Michigan and Malaysia is 12hours. I know there are people having to live with longer time difference than that but I just can’t take it anymore, this is starting to become a form of torture for me. Some day I’ll just sit and started to refresh the apps, run a mini scan again and again, logging in both new and old account and when I see there’s nothing, I’ll just cry. Idk why I’m writing this kind of things here, I guess I just need someone to talk to. :’( 

You're not alone. The most important thing to remember is this phase, as is every difficult phase in life, is temporary. The next is to accept that our control over the situation is limited and come to terms with that. When I feel stressed out about our visa, I focus my energy on gaining information which will help with what I can do in this whole process, or when it gets too much, I like to take deep breaths and/or listen to the sounds of nature. Hope this helps, believe in your strengths.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, sephology101 said:

As a long time lurker on this site this is the 1st time i will post. I woke up this morning with a text and email from USCIS that they have taken an action on my case. I logged into my uscis account and saw that it has been approved!!!

Packet sent: 10-02-2017

NOA 1: 10-5-2017

NOA 2: 04-06-2018

Congrats!! :dance:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
1 hour ago, lauragp91 said:

I'm so excited right now! We got approved today! We received an email at 3AM saying that there had been an update on our case and sure enough we checked the new website and there was our long awaited approval!

Filed: 10/16/2017

NOA1: 10/19/2017

NOA2 (on new website and email): 04/06/2018

approval.jpeg

So your received date was 19th?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Seraphinek said:

This is a stressful moment for me. Still waiting for our approval (13/10). I was hoping to get approved when I was still with my fiancé together in Vietnam, at least I’ll leave Vietnam happy knowing that I’ll get to see him very soon. He can’t be in Malaysia currently because the last time when he was leaving (about 2 months++ ago) the immigration officer in Malaysia warned him not to return anytime soon. And today I left Vietnam back to malaysia as today is my last day of my visa. as for him, he decided to go back to US. We’ve done this before because of the problems with Malaysian immigration but it’s starting to become depressing for me. I got no one, no family and I barely got any friends here in Malaysia. I don’t have anyone to talk to. It’s becoming hard to communicate too now since the time difference between Michigan and Malaysia is 12hours. I know there are people having to live with longer time difference than that but I just can’t take it anymore, this is starting to become a form of torture for me. Some day I’ll just sit and started to refresh the apps, run a mini scan again and again, logging in both new and old account and when I see there’s nothing, I’ll just cry. Idk why I’m writing this kind of things here, I guess I just need someone to talk to. :’( 

We are here for you! We all understand how hard all this is. If you want to talk I’m here for you. My future inlaws live in Michigan :) but my fiancé lives in California. I haven’t seen him since October, thank God he’s coming to visit in two weeks! Hang in there! You’ll get your approval very soon. We are 10/31 so we are still waiting. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Katri said:

So your received date was 19th?

The received date was October 16th, but for some reason the new website shows October 18th (I don't know why but I've seen here others who have the same issue). October 19th was when I received the NOA1. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, lauragp91 said:

The received date was October 16th, but for some reason the new website shows October 18th (I don't know why but I've seen here others who have the same issue). October 19th was when I received the NOA1. 

I think 16th is still your received date and like what they told me earlier, 18th is the submitted date. 

9 minutes ago, lauragp91 said:

October 18th is submitted date. The way they process has not changed. The submitted date is used if a case is out of normal processing time then you can submit an inquiry. They got rid of the old website which showed month and date they processed now the website daily updates to a new date from which an individual can inquire. And as of today its September 9th. 

Edited by Sarac9

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
1 hour ago, kikume said:

I feel you. Weekends? Weekends are often the highlight of my weeks since the 16-17h time difference for us makes it impossible to talk during weekdays.

I’m working in blue collar sector, and we can only take one day off on weekdays. No off days on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kaitlin & Rohit said:

You're not alone. The most important thing to remember is this phase, as is every difficult phase in life, is temporary. The next is to accept that our control over the situation is limited and come to terms with that. When I feel stressed out about our visa, I focus my energy on gaining information which will help with what I can do in this whole process, or when it gets too much, I like to take deep breaths and/or listen to the sounds of nature. Hope this helps, believe in your strengths.

Thank you for your advices. I will try to do the same things you’re doing. ❤️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.