TBoneTX

October 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

3,103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Rackle10187 said:

@Naes could my fiancé get his titers drawn now while we wait for approval to see if he needs the actual vaccinations at the medical appointment? Just making sure it doesn’t have to be a specific doctor to get the vaccinations/titers drawn!?

Any qualified doctor can administer the required vaccinations.   The Embassy Approved doctors are only required to perform the Physical Evaluation.   The vaccinations can be performed any time, there is no need to wait.  In fact, if your fiances vacinations are all up to date, she is good to go.   

See here for information about required vaccinations necessary for immigration to the US:

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html

Edited by JoelThai

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Mr & Mr said:

We didnt receive any RFE. Just approval on new page. Still be received on web page and app. Waiting for hard copy.

Does anyone know how long takes NVC at the moment?

And from NVC to the embassy in Kyiv is almost immediate. They send your information electronically. The petitioner and beneficiary should both receive an e-mail from the embassy within 2-3 business days giving further instructions. You're lucky. Ukraine is one of the quickest countries once you hit the NVC. :D

Timeline
19 minutes ago, JoelThai said:

Any qualified doctor can administer the required vaccinations.   The Embassy Approved doctors are only required to perform the Physical Evaluation.   The vaccinations can be performed any time, there is no need to wait.  In fact, if your fiances vacinations are all up to date, she is good to go.   

See here for information about required vaccinations necessary for immigration to the US:

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html

Here is the list of shots that may be required:  Note that some of these are only appropriate based on age, so they all may not be necessary in your case.  

• Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • Polio
  • Tetanus and diphtheria
  • Pertussis
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib)
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Rotavirus
  • Meningococcal disease
  • Varicella
  • Pneumococcal disease
  • Seasonal influenza

Also it is important to realize that some shots are administered in sequences, with up to six months between each shot.  My understanding is that if the sequence is not complete before POE, the sequence may be finished in the US.  But generally, to do so in the US will be much more expensive.

Mumps, Measles, and Rubella is administered as a single shot (MMR), but requires a series of two shots, at least 4 weeks apart.  Most in first world countries have received these shots as a child.   

Hepatitis A is a series of 2 shots, with at least six months between.

Hepatitis B is a series of 3 shots,  give one, and six months apart.

Edited by JoelThai

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

https://panelphysician.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/15_254148-A_PhysPanel_TOOL-3.Web-508.pdf

The second page of this document is the age matrix that helps you determine which vaccines will be required for Adjustment of Status.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Rackle10187 said:

@Naes could my fiancé get his titers drawn now while we wait for approval to see if he needs the actual vaccinations at the medical appointment? Just making sure it doesn’t have to be a specific doctor to get the vaccinations/titers drawn!?

For me, I called my medical clinic and asked them if its ok, and they said I just need to bring the results. SO normally it is ok, they just reconfirm it. But I would first call and ask.

Timeline
1 hour ago, JoelThai said:

Any qualified doctor can administer the required vaccinations. 

Correcting myself.  More than only doctors may administer vaccinations in some jurisdictions.  In some cases and/or jurisdictions, a nurse, physician or even a pharmacist may be able to administer a vaccination.   The important step is that the administration of the vaccination be documented correctly to submit as evidence of completion during the Physical Exam performed by the Embassy Chosen doctor/physician.   Vaccinations may be accumulated over a life time and it would be impractical for a Embassy to dictate a list of approved administers.   

Edited by JoelThai

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

Here is the list of shots that may be required:  Note that some of these are only appropriate based on age, so they all may not be necessary in your case.  

• Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • Polio
  • Tetanus and diphtheria
  • Pertussis
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib)
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Rotavirus
  • Meningococcal disease
  • Varicella
  • Pneumococcal disease
  • Seasonal influenza

Also it is important to realize that some shots are administered in sequences, with up to six months between each shot.  My understanding is that if the sequence is not complete before POE, the sequence may be finished in the US.  But generally, to do so in the US will be much more expensive.

Mumps, Measles, and Rubella is administered as a single shot (MMR), but requires a series of two shots, at least 4 weeks apart.  Most in first world countries have received these shots as a child.   

Hepatitis A is a series of 2 shots, with at least six months between.

Hepatitis B is a series of 3 shots,  give one, and six months apart.

I have heard that Hepatitis B is not required (even though it's on the list)

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Katri said:

“Age” you should check which vaccines are needed for your age group

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Katri said:

The Packet 4 instructions state the medical requirements.   Some Embassies publish the Packet 4 instructions.   For Helsinki, I only found this Visa Journey topic, but I can not confirm the source of information:

Vaccination requirements?

- Mumps
- Measles
- Rubella
- Polio
- Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
- Pertussis
- Influenza type b (Hib)
- Hepatitis B
- Varicella
- Pneumococcal
- Influenza

Most Finns are already vaccinated against everything on the list with the exception of Hepatitis B and Influenza. Try to obtain Hepatitis B in advance just in case, as it may take up to six months to recieve the last vaccination. The doctor may decide that some vaccines do not apply in your case.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Finland&cty=Helsinki

Timeline
1 hour ago, Katri said:

Here is some more information on the Helsinki Embassy Medical exam that may be useful to you: (Although this document is more specific to the CR1 Immigrant Visa (such as mention of form DS-260) , the Medical requirements should be identical):

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/HLS_Helsinki.pdf

For the specific vaccinations required, they refer back to the CDC mandate as expected (the CDC dictates the vaccination requirements, not the local Embassy):

"U.S. immigration law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations prior to the issuance of a visa. Current immigrant visa vaccination requirements are available here."

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/medical-examination.html

Timeline
47 minutes ago, JoelThai said:

The Packet 4 instructions state the medical requirements.   Some Embassies publish the Packet 4 instructions.   For Helsinki, I only found this Visa Journey topic, but I can not confirm the source of information:

Vaccination requirements?

- Mumps
- Measles
- Rubella
- Polio
- Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
- Pertussis
- Influenza type b (Hib)
- Hepatitis B
- Varicella
- Pneumococcal
- Influenza

Most Finns are already vaccinated against everything on the list with the exception of Hepatitis B and Influenza. Try to obtain Hepatitis B in advance just in case, as it may take up to six months to recieve the last vaccination. The doctor may decide that some vaccines do not apply in your case.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Finland&cty=Helsinki

@Katri Found this which is helpful:

Edited by JoelThai

3 hours ago, Katri said:

Hep B might not be required for the K1 but it is on the vaccination list for the US immigration so you will very likely need it once obtaining the GC. If it's cheeper in your country, it is probably worth it to have it done there? (although like it was said, there has to be half a year gap between the first and the second dose). Also, my doctor told me that Influenza vaccination has to be done for K1 if you're going through the medical during the flu season (starting in September) but I didn't confirm this information with the actual doctor approved by my embassy:huh: 

Edited by I.Kat
grammar :D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
15 minutes ago, I.Kat said:

Hep B might not be required for the K1 but it is in the vaccination list for the US immigration so you will very likely need it once obtaining the GC. If it's cheeper in your country, it is probably worth it to have it done there? (although like it was said, there has to be half a year gap between the first and the second dose). Also, my doctor told me that Influenza vaccination has to be done for K1 if you're going through the medical during the flu season (starting in September) but I didn't confirm this information with the actual doctor approved by my embassy:huh: 

I could  get the 2 first before my medical. The third is not required before the K1 as the third is the shot for the "long lasting" effect (I don't know how to say that in English 😂) 

Timeline
5 hours ago, JoelThai said:

Thank you!

Timeline
17 minutes ago, I.Kat said:

Hep B might not be required for the K1 but it is on the vaccination list for the US immigration so you will very likely need it once obtaining the GC. If it's cheeper in your country, it is probably worth it to have it done there? (although like it was said, there has to be half a year gap between the first and the second dose). Also, my doctor told me that Influenza vaccination has to be done for K1 if you're going through the medical during the flu season (starting in September) but I didn't confirm this information with the actual doctor approved by my embassy:huh: 

Flu shot is only for 6 months ended in April.

Could you send me the link on Hep B for GC? I never seen it in any age requirements for Immigration.

*In Japan at least, all immigration vaccinations not just K1, requirements are same for age, and on cdc page too it looks same.

Edited by Naes
Addition

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.