TBoneTX

October 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

3,103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 hours ago, ElieSon said:

I've waited 43 years so what's a few more months right? HAHA. At least we can laugh. Best wishes today everyone. 

Hahaha, finally I found somebody who must be in my age. I thought I'm surrounded by mid 20th people (which is not bad but makes me feel being old :jest:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, TerJer said:

We're almost there guys! Me and my fiance cannot wait :wub: 

On a different note, I was wondering if someone in the October forum can enlighten me on the following matters below ( PS I posted this in the Yes, you can visit page too) 

Has anybody got any experience or knowledge regarding entering the United States right after the k1 is approved but without having it activated until you are ready to actually leave your country of residence or origin? 

I work as a cabin crew for an international European airline. I operate flights to the United States on a weekly basis specifically to San Diego (which is where my fiance is from) as crew. Entering with my C1/D as per standard procedure for air crew. When I get more than 4 days off in a row I use the opportunity to visit my fiance using my b1/b2 visa or sometimes my ESTA  (during the NOA1 -> NOA2 waiting time) sometimes even visiting him twice in a month on top of my scheduled rostered flights to San Diego. ( So to anybody that is worried that the k1 application might hinder them from entering with VWP or B2 visa, Don't! It is possible! However at this point I would also like to point out that circumstances may differ from individual to individual). 

Let's fast forward to June/July and assume that the k1 has been approved and all stamped in my passport. I then resign with my current airline but as per any other job, a notice period needs to be given. Which in my case is 4 weeks. Now, due to the nature of my job I will still be required to enter the US with my C1/D during my notice period. Will this be an issue? Will I still be allowed to not activate my K1 until I say so to the officer or do I have to use it immediately on the first point of entry after the interview ( obviously before 6 months).

Any help will be highly appreciated as I am prepping for the next few weeks and months in terms of paper work and notices. 

Ta

Hi!

I learnt through my readings here on VJ that once a CO approves one's K-1 Visa during Interview, he/she cancels any existing visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, Mike & Tanja said:

Does @Naes already see her approval? Would be funny if everybody is celebrating her approval before she knows it at all :D

I was just about to post about this lol I doubt it because it's not even 6am yet in Japan. I can't wait for her to wake up to that wonderful approval :D

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, TeamPT said:

We just got our NOA2 approval too!!!

NOA1: 10/10/17

NOA2: 04/05/18

All these approvals though! :D Lol I sound like a broken record but C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S! :D:D:D:D

2 minutes ago, TeamPT said:

We just got our NOA2 approval too!!!

NOA1: 10/10/17

NOA2: 04/05/18

Don't forget to update your timeline :)

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I wonder if USCIS promised their employees a reward if they work on so many files :) I got the impression that there are a lot of approvals today (compared to the last few weeks) wooohooo

Timeline

Big Congratulations to everyone that just heard from USCIS. 

NOA2s, The time has started ticking for NVC/Embassy.

RFEs, reply USCIS and get your sweet Approval.

Love us, Octo-Babies!💖💖🎆🎆🎆

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mike & Tanja said:

I wonder if USCIS promised their employees a reward if they work on so many files :) I got the impression that there are a lot of approvals today (compared to the last few weeks) wooohooo

I dont know if there are a lot or not. Since not vjers get approved, we only see in the app. I will believe it once the scans are out ☺️

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mike & Tanja said:

Lol! Whatever! So far they're working!!

💃💃

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, Yasemin & Rıdvan said:

I am so happy for you guys. However I am not holding my breath  for my case, since it is October 31 st 😁

I know your feeling! We’re October 31st as well 😅 Congratulations to all those who have gotten their approvals!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🍾🍾🍾🎊🎊🎊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think I better stop checking. This is so depressing. 😢😢😢😢I want to cry. I wish Uscis can work on it by dates in order 😭

every day feels like a year knowing that your so close but yet so far 😢

Noa1 10/2

Edited by Oldrae

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.