TBoneTX

October 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

3,103 posts in this topic

We're almost there guys! Me and my fiance cannot wait :wub: 

On a different note, I was wondering if someone in the October forum can enlighten me on the following matters below ( PS I posted this in the Yes, you can visit page too) 

Has anybody got any experience or knowledge regarding entering the United States right after the k1 is approved but without having it activated until you are ready to actually leave your country of residence or origin? 

I work as a cabin crew for an international European airline. I operate flights to the United States on a weekly basis specifically to San Diego (which is where my fiance is from) as crew. Entering with my C1/D as per standard procedure for air crew. When I get more than 4 days off in a row I use the opportunity to visit my fiance using my b1/b2 visa or sometimes my ESTA  (during the NOA1 -> NOA2 waiting time) sometimes even visiting him twice in a month on top of my scheduled rostered flights to San Diego. ( So to anybody that is worried that the k1 application might hinder them from entering with VWP or B2 visa, Don't! It is possible! However at this point I would also like to point out that circumstances may differ from individual to individual). 

Let's fast forward to June/July and assume that the k1 has been approved and all stamped in my passport. I then resign with my current airline but as per any other job, a notice period needs to be given. Which in my case is 4 weeks. Now, due to the nature of my job I will still be required to enter the US with my C1/D during my notice period. Will this be an issue? Will I still be allowed to not activate my K1 until I say so to the officer or do I have to use it immediately on the first point of entry after the interview ( obviously before 6 months).

Any help will be highly appreciated as I am prepping for the next few weeks and months in terms of paper work and notices. 

Ta

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, HTMW said:

Yaaasss!!  I just saw a few 10/16 approvals on a mini scan!!!  Aaaaaaahhhh!

NO WAY!!!!!???? OMG Oct 19th here🤞🤞🤞🤞 this just made my day. Thank you 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Enita said:

NO WAY!!!!!???? OMG Oct 19th here🤞🤞🤞🤞 this just made my day. Thank you 😊

It’s made mine too! 🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️

26 minutes ago, TerJer said:

On a different note, I was wondering if someone in the October forum can enlighten me on the following matters below ( PS I posted this in the Yes, you can visit page too) 

Has anybody got any experience or knowledge regarding entering the United States right after the k1 is approved but without having it activated until you are ready to actually leave your country of residence or origin? 

I work as a cabin crew for an international European airline. I operate flights to the United States on a weekly basis specifically to San Diego (which is where my fiance is from) as crew. Entering with my C1/D as per standard procedure for air crew. When I get more than 4 days off in a row I use the opportunity to visit my fiance using my b1/b2 visa or sometimes my ESTA  (during the NOA1 -> NOA2 waiting time) sometimes even visiting him twice in a month on top of my scheduled rostered flights to San Diego. ( So to anybody that is worried that the k1 application might hinder them from entering with VWP or B2 visa, Don't! It is possible! However at this point I would also like to point out that circumstances may differ from individual to individual). 

Let's fast forward to June/July and assume that the k1 has been approved and all stamped in my passport. I then resign with my current airline but as per any other job, a notice period needs to be given. Which in my case is 4 weeks. Now, due to the nature of my job I will still be required to enter the US with my C1/D during my notice period. Will this be an issue? Will I still be allowed to not activate my K1 until I say so to the officer or do I have to use it immediately on the first point of entry after the interview ( obviously before 6 months).

Any help will be highly appreciated as I am prepping for the next few weeks and months in terms of paper work and notices. 

Ta

I think that depends..I think the best place to find this out is to ask US border and customs. And also find out if your company can help you as well. It seems like a very sticky situation. I can imagine an officer might allow you to enter on b2 but you might run into an officer who might not allow that. I wouldn't wait until you are in that situation and that might jeprodize your overall situation concerning both type of Visa 

Edited by Sarac9

31 minutes ago, TerJer said:

Ta

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-a-b2-be-taken-away-when-getting-approved-for-a-1017272.html

According to this, cant have more than one non immigrant visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, HTMW said:

Yaaasss!!  I just saw a few 10/16 approvals on a mini scan!!!  Aaaaaaahhhh!

You sure?! Omg omg hope ours is on the way...i wont mind getting that as our anniv gift. 😍💆🎉🍾🎁

10/10/17 : Application Sent

10/16/17 : NOA1

04/09/18 : RFE (Just needed to check No on Criminal History which we already did when we filed)

04/13/18 : RFE HARDCOPY RECEIVED

04/16/18 : RFE REPLY SENT TO CA

04/18/18 : RFE RECEIVED by USCIS

04/27/18 : NOA2  (Completely Silent NOA)

05/14/18 : NVC CASE RECEIVED

05/15/18 : NVC CASE NUMBER

05/18/18 : IN TRANSIT / EMAIL received

05/20/18 : CASE READY

06/4-5/18 : MEDICAL

06/07/18 : INTERVIEW - Approved

06/11/18 : Administrative Processing 

06/13/18 : Issued K1

06/18/18 : Issued K2 (AP 6/14)

06/21/18 : VOH

06/28/18 : CFO

07/12/18 : FLIGHT/POE

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

10/01/18 : Application Sent (I-1485, I-765, I-131)

10/**/18 : NOA1

10/**/18 : Biometrics Schedule

10/**/18 : Interview Schedule

10/**/18 : Approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, BnK said:

You sure?! Omg omg hope ours is on the way...i wont mind getting that as our anniv gift. 😍💆🎉🍾🎁

I’m positive! I do a little mini scan around my case number everyday to see movement and saw a few 10/16’s (just not mine ugh!); I’m SO excited for everyone getting their NOA 2’s.

Our time is comingggggggg 🧘🏼‍♀️

13EBB826-CEDC-4B0B-A70C-39C3682418CA.png

Timeline
2 minutes ago, HTMW said:

I’m positive! I do a little mini scan around my case number everyday to see movement and saw a few 10/16’s (just not mine ugh!); I’m SO excited for everyone getting their NOA 2’s.

yep i checked too after i saw your post...saw that too....😍😍😍

04/09/18 : RFE (Just needed to check No on Criminal History which we already did when we filed)

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

5 minutes ago, HTMW said:

Hi all,

Do you mind providing me with the name of the app? I'm a March filer but I would like to stay ready for when my time comes.

Thank you

6 minutes ago, DNZ14 said:

Hi all,

Do you mind providing me with the name of the app? I'm a March filer but I would like to stay ready for when my time comes.

Thank you

Case Tracker for USCIS by Stephen Aldous
https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/case-tracker-for-uscis/id921827126?mt=8

Timeline
3 minutes ago, krinar04 said:

there’s another one for october 16 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

so closeeeeee

98C145BE-2B57-4440-BBBD-DFF75E400CF0.png

This is closer to our case i havent seen this yet....Gosh!!!!!! Let it rain approvals 

Me waking up so early is so worth it knowing they started touching our date already plus @Naes approval....

😘😘😍😍😍🍾🍾🍾

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.