TBoneTX

October 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

3,102 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

I am the pessimist in my relationship. And am soon to give up. Luckily my fiance keeps me grounded. Thank you for your encouraging words. I've seen your other posts to others and you are a true optimist. 

Thank u. I'm a lurker and have a long wait ahead of me. But like seeing others get approved. Gives me hope. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

2 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

That is some news and any news is good news!! When I spoke to tier 2 yesterday they said that my file is with the adjudicator. It means that it's not pending security checks. We just got stuck with a slowpoke 

@Sarac9

I know you gave directions on how to call a day or two ago. Do you mind giving me the phone #?

I feel emotionally drained today :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

It means login and check. Good luck. 

1 minute ago, AnaUmo said:

You have to sign in on the website I guess. There's not much else that can be said. Also, if it said something about a name change then it's highly likely there will be approval shortly after (a day or so) so look out for that.

I logged in and there was no update. Just the same old "case received" we're all so used to! :jest: I've logged on this website atleast 60 times since 6:30 this morning. No changes. I see everybody got email + old or/and new website... but i just got an email with no further change... Normal or not? :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
8 minutes ago, lauragp91 said:

Exactly! I went and re read the picture that my fiance sent of our NOA2 hard copy and nowhere does it say 6-8 weeks. I only read something about allowing a minimum of 30 days to hear form them, but I told my fiance it's all BS and just the bureaucratic response. Thank you for sharing your experience with them! It makes me dread my next call a little less :) 

Perhaps the guy was having a bad day.....we've all been there. Don't let it get to you. :D

07/14/18 : WEDDiNG :wub:

9/12/18 - AOS & EAD application sent

9/14/18 - Receipt of AOS & EAD

9/21/18 - Notice of Biometric appt rec'd

10/11/18 - Biometrics appt.

1/23/19 - Notice of interview date rec'd

2/27/19 - Interview date & verbal approval

4 minutes ago, RubyAndChester said:

I logged in and there was no update. Just the same old "case received" we're all so used to! :jest: I've logged on this website atleast 60 times since 6:30 this morning. No changes. I see everybody got email + old or/and new website... but i just got an email with no further change... Normal or not? :wacko:

Hey I have the same problem I was about to ask if it’s normal hehe

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, AnaUmo said:

I haven't gotten a letter and I would advise not waiting for it since things get lost in the mail as well as it really slows down the process.

I got my NOA2 and I waited two weeks because I've seen a couple of persons post that they called within a week or so and their cases got sent back to the USCIS for reverification and such. I called on Monday in the day and my case wasn't there yet but when I called them at (603) 334-0700 last night around 8pm EST, the rep asked me some verification questions such as the names on the petition as well as DOB and then he confirmed that they received my case and he gave me the case number as well as the invoice number. He advised that when my case has left the NVC and is sent to my embassy I would be contacted via my email that I provided to him during our call.

1 hour ago, Penny&Lee said:

thats awesome - thanks for the info.

my fiancé is always super hesitant about calling frequently but i know that it's the only way to stay on top of it. especially since the lady on the phone he spoke to first time told him that we're expecting to be waiting "6 weeks".. so annoying 

Calling everyday or early does not make any difference at NVC level. There are lots of cases that got around 6th day. That used to be the norm. Those cases did not go back because of high call volume, they went back for lots of other possible reasons but people like to find a reason from what they can think off.

there may not be a second letter(other than email) don’t wait for it, also not everyone really knows everything at NVC either, so don’t trust everything they say.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 minutes ago, lauragp91 said:

Exactly! I went and re read the picture that my fiance sent of our NOA2 hard copy and nowhere does it say 6-8 weeks. I only read something about allowing a minimum of 30 days to hear form them, but I told my fiance it's all BS and just the bureaucratic response. Thank you for sharing your experience with them! It makes me dread my next call a little less :) 

You're welcome!

10/03/2017 I-129F sent

10/05/2017 - I-129F delivered

10/10/2017 - NOA1 

03/29/2018 - NOA2 

04/17/2018 NVC case received

04/19/2018 - NVC case number assigned

05/16/2018 - In Transit to Consulate

05/18/2018 - Ready at Consulate

06/18/2018 - Medical

07/03/2018 - Interview

07/19/2018 - VOH

07/27/2018 - POE

Post NOA2 Information For Brazil

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
43 minutes ago, lauragp91 said:

Same thing here! I got my NOA2 on April 6th and my fiance called for the first time today. The guy seemed annoyed and told him to "go back and read your letter where it states that it can take 6-8 weeks for your case to reach us". Now my fiance doesn't want to call back until it's been 6 weeks! I guess I'll have to call back myself by the end of this week. 

Omg call yourself. Guys get hurt really easily... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They've been pretty kind to October filers so far. Best of luck to those who are still waiting!

To those that have been approved, please update your timeline!

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.