19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

I think everyone here should try to be kind and understanding towards each other even if our opinions are different. We are all different people and therefore we won't feel the same way. Even though I work as a Mental health professional I cannot recall how many times I have had to remind myself to relax and remember some coping skills. It's kind of scary knowing that USCIS took 8 months to process my petition the first time and I am not prepared to go through waiting past the normal processing time again. It may not be very easy to stay positive if this happens again... I understand what the people that haven't heard anything yet are going through and I do think some of the process is unfair. I read the post above that says they may take longer to process cases that involves people that have previously filed or people with prior marriages... that didn't make me feel better... I just pray we all get our NOA 2s soon and move past this madness!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Rebecca & Kelvin said:

Silent NOA2, but you are approved. Have you checked the new website? Normally silent ones shows in new website.

Yes I checked the new website and it’s still saying case received lol

1 hour ago, JoelThai said:

Hi October Filers.   After watching the forums for a few months, I thought of an idea to put together a little FAQ.   What appears below is basically a rewrite of a posting I made last month in the September thread.   Maybe it will help someone.  :)

October K1 FAQ -  Or how come I have not been approved yet?  :-)

1) How come the USCIS says they have only processed up to Sept 12th when I know they are approving October submissions?

The USCIS publishes a cutoff date which they set to determine if your K1 petition is within normal processing times.  The current USCIS K1 cutoff date can be found here:  https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ 

If you submitted your K1 petition (I-129F form) after the published cutoff date, USCIS considers your case to be within their normal processing time.   In this case, calling the USCIS to ask them for the status of your petition is not encouraged.   If you choose to call anyway, you will be likely only be told that your case is within normal processing time and they will provide you the current cutoff date and suggest you contact them again after that date has been reached.  The date does NOT mean that the USCIS has not processed any applications that were received after this date.

Note that the UCSIS processing time page explicitly states :

"We have posted a Case Inquiry Date in the table below to show when you can inquire about your case. If your receipt date is before the Case Inquiry Date, you can submit an “outside normal processing time” service request" 

2) How come someone who filed after me has already received their NOA2?

Many petitioners find that once the USCIS begins processing applications from the same month they made their submission, their anticipation and stress rise.  And when learning that a petitioner who filed on the same day or after them has already received their NOA2, this may seem unfair.  But, an understanding of how the I-129F is reviewed can help explain why some petitions are completed more quickly than others.  

The questions presented on the I-129F are reviewed by the USCIS to validate that both the Petitioner and Beneficiary are eligible to participate in applying for a K1 Visa.  At this stage of the process, the USCIS primary purpose is to review applications to verify that both the Petitioner and Beneficiary as eligible for a K1 visa and to detect fraud.   

Based on the specific details of the application, the USCIS will require varying levels of effort to validate that everything is ok.   For example, more effort and time will be required to evaluate a Petitioner who has had prior marriages, submitted multiple K1 requests, has had an arrest record, or has a common last name.   It should be reasonable to understand that a Petitioner who has never been married, has not submitted prior K1 requests, has a clean arrest record, and has a unique name would likely be simpler  and quicker for the USCIS to process.   The USCIS utilizes nearly 3700 employees and 1800 contractors to complete all of their workload, many of which are dedicated to processing K1 visas.   This is mentioned only to suggest that there are many cases being processed concurrently, with some completing before others.   The simpler cases will complete before the more complicated ones.

Only after the USCIS is confident that both the Petitioner and Beneficiary are eligible to apply for a K1 visa will the I-129F be approved and NOA2 be sent.  If the USCIS identifies omission of information to complete their evaluation, they will respond with an RFE (Request For Evidence) which will identify what they need to finalize their approval process. 

Where did you get this information from?

Our case: no previous marriages, no children, no arrests/crimes & not common surnames yet we havent got NOA2 yet (still early days for us in October but dates past us have had RFE/NOA2) BUT my point im making whilst I appreciate your kindness in trying to help/reassure, is this valid confirmed information how USCIS “process”..?

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

2 hours ago, Naes said:

As everyone already said; they want the long form birth certificate or copy passport (all pages) 

we used short version + copy of all pages from petitioners passport and was ok.

good luck and don’t worry this is a common rfe lately.

The petitioner was supposed to submit a copy of ALL the pages in their passport to demonstrate US citizenship? Otherwise you will for sure be receiving an RFE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SMK 89 said:

The petitioner was supposed to submit a copy of ALL the pages in their passport to demonstrate US citizenship? Otherwise you will for sure be receiving an RFE

No. Either the long version of birth certificate OR passport copies.

all pages part used to be a 100% but some say new requirements doesn’t show it. So we will see if someone gets rfe. We did sent all pages to be sure. (Even empty ones)

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Meisha&Jake said:

Where did you get this information from?

Our case: no previous marriages, no children, no arrests/crimes & not common surnames yet we havent got NOA2 yet (still early days for us in October but dates past us have had RFE/NOA2) BUT my point im making whilst I appreciate your kindness in trying to help/reassure, is this valid confirmed information how USCIS “process”..?

Nope I think mostly research on vj and experiences.

but my case was just like you. Nothing no marriages no criminal history nada. But my date was touched on March 10 I got my noa2 on April 5. 

So it is mostly about how those cases got to wait toooooo long got to that point. 

Edited by Naes

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Regie Ray said:

Yes I checked the new website and it’s still saying case received lol

Wow so you’re as silent as it gets.. congrats still

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.