jessbethd

Scheduling montreal interview

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Tell him to collect his interview confirmation and give them a call and ask. 

Sounds like he followed procedure correctly though....

The green one for "Gooooooo"!!

So it turns out we had somehow scheduled an "immigrant" visa interview, not a K visa interview.. found this out by realizing (thanks to reading this site) that the interview was a Friday and K-visa interviews are only on wednesdays. We were able to change the interview type on the website and now it says we are at the "Pay visa fee" stage. It doesn't look like there is anywhere to pay until we can schedule (when more interviews open up) but I was hoping for some confirmation from someone here because we already messed up once. 

Do we pay when the dates open up and we pick one to schedule? If so, can we use a credit card? I've read some places it's cash only but I'm not sure where to send the cash... 

Thanks sooo much! 

47 minutes ago, Liz Bohne said:

So it turns out we had somehow scheduled an "immigrant" visa interview, not a K visa interview.. found this out by realizing (thanks to reading this site) that the interview was a Friday and K-visa interviews are only on wednesdays. We were able to change the interview type on the website and now it says we are at the "Pay visa fee" stage. It doesn't look like there is anywhere to pay until we can schedule (when more interviews open up) but I was hoping for some confirmation from someone here because we already messed up once. Well that's disheartening to say the least that your appt has been cancelled but at least you found out sooner than later!

Do we pay when the dates open up and we pick one to schedule? Yes. The interview registration site (AIS) will allow you to pay on it before scheduling. And yes, there are no openings available right now.

If so, can we usea credit card? Yes you can pay with a CC on the AIS (interview registration website) when you book. I have also read you can pay cash at Scotiabank locations but I have not investigated that any further. I've read some places it's cash only but I'm not sure where to send the cash... You can also pay cash at the embassy on the day of your interview in USD or the CDN equivalent.

Thanks sooo much! 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Thank you so much for your fast reply!!! We have been panicking all day. Now heres to hoping some interview dates open up soon!! 

7 minutes ago, Liz Bohne said:

Thank you so much for your fast reply!!! We have been panicking all day. Now heres to hoping some interview dates open up soon!! 

Amen sister. Amen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
50 minutes ago, sumbunny said:

Got P4 from MTL today, less than 24 hours after sending P3 back. So exciting!

Yayyyyyy!! So happy for you!!!! 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Alrighty kiddies, 

Ding, ding, ding. Gates are open! Go get August booked!

For those following for research: Every Wednesday of Aug plus Thursday the 9th. 3 appts per day. 730, 8, 830am.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

4 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Alrighty kiddies, 

Ding, ding, ding. Gates are open! Go get August booked!

For those following for research: Every Wednesday of Aug plus Thursday the 9th. 3 appts per day. 730, 8, 830am.

That is great news!!!

On another note, did everyone upload a picture when doing the DS-160? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, DeepakChani said:

That is great news!!!

We did and it worked fine for us. Make sure you edit your photo so it fits the required file size. If you need help, feel free to PM me the file and I can edit it for you so it uploads properly.

6 hours ago, DeepakChani said:

That is great news!!!

Yes I did. I went and got my passport photos done for the medical and the interview at a London Drugs because they guarantee they will be the correct size for the country you need it for. They also offer an email service. If you tell them the digital size you need they will email a correctly sized copy straight to you and you can upload from there and not have to worry about changing the size.

Heads up to those flying in from other provinces and needing to stay the night in Montreal and don't want to spend an arm and a leg for a hotel room downtown (they are $150-200+ for a 3 star OR LESS!). Because it is summer many of the university and colleges open their dormitory residences for the regular Joe and it's super cheap ($50-80 all in). Private room but shared dormitory style bathrooms, free wifi and kitchen access. So much like hostel prices but no bunk mates. And literally a few blocks from the Consulate (10-15 minute walk) and right downtown. Most are rated 3 star but with great reviews.

The Grey Nuns Residences and Royal Victoria College Residences are two that I found but there are a few more too.

You can search them through booking.com.

I searched Airbnb too but most are at the $80-120 range this time of year and are not nearly as close to the embassy. 

Also, Bus 747 will take you from the airport to downtown in an hour. It runs 24 hours and is $10 for a 24 hour pass. 

Always highly suggest a transit pass for those in Montreal.  The bus takes just as long to get downtown as a cab but costs $10 vs $45!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.