jessbethd

Scheduling montreal interview

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/26/2018 at 3:47 PM, NikkiMarie said:

I just got Packet 4 yesterday, and I'm waiting to be able to schedule an interview, but no dates are open. Do you remember how long it took for interview dates to open up? I keep refreshing the site every few hours. This is the first post I've been able to find on here where people discuss interview dates not being available. Any insight is so helpfiul! 

Congratulations!

How long did it take to get packet 4 after submitting packet 3??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Liz Bohne said:

Congratulations!

How long did it take to get packet 4 after submitting packet 3??

3 hours for me!! 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Timeline
On 5/9/2018 at 4:40 PM, jessbethd said:

Hi all ! Turns out we submitted an old checklist form in packet 3 documents, we were told to re submit and we finally got packet 4 today :(  I am looking at interview dates and it looks like it is just the last few dates of may available. Is there usually more to choose from??? And does anyone know how long it takes for the medical exam results... this is stressful. Thanks!!!!

Hi there! Hope you can help, you said you submitted an old checklist. Can you tell me if this P3 is current?

https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf

If not, do you have one that is? Thanks so much <3

Timeline

Guys which site is the right one?  I'm so confused....

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv

or

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/iv

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiancee received Packet 4 on May 30 and we scheduled his interview for July 6 after it was received. Today he received an e-mail that his interview was cancelled and no explanation was given. He is trying to reschedule but there are no times available. Anyone have any idea why it would have been cancelled? He had his medical yesterday as well, so hopefully he doesn't need to do that again if there are no times available. 

Thanks in advance. 

8 minutes ago, Liz Bohne said:

My fiancee received Packet 4 on May 30 and we scheduled his interview for July 6 after it was received. Today he received an e-mail that his interview was cancelled and no explanation was given. He is trying to reschedule but there are no times available. Anyone have any idea why it would have been cancelled? He had his medical yesterday as well, so hopefully he doesn't need to do that again if there are no times available. 

Thanks in advance. 

Tell him to collect his interview confirmation and give them a call and ask. 

Sounds like he followed procedure correctly though....

On 6/3/2018 at 4:17 PM, JessCan said:

Guys which site is the right one?  I'm so confused....

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv

or

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/iv

The green one for "Gooooooo"!!

Timeline

Soooo weird...

My fiance filled out DS16 and sent P3 without MTL asking for it on Friday, June 15. Today, he got the response back from MTL saying not to send Packet 3 without them requesting it first which we knew could happen. That said, not even 2 hours later, I got the P3 email from MTL in my inbox as the petitioner, so sent back the requested info from my email addy, so we'll see if I get Packet 4 soon.

Seriously though, how strange is that?

40 minutes ago, sumbunny said:

Soooo weird...

My fiance filled out DS16 and sent P3 without MTL asking for it on Friday, June 15. Today, he got the response back from MTL saying not to send Packet 3 without them requesting it first which we knew could happen. That said, not even 2 hours later, I got the P3 email from MTL in my inbox as the petitioner, so sent back the requested info from my email addy, so we'll see if I get Packet 4 soon.

Seriously though, how strange is 

It sounds like there are two processes going on here. Neither are really strange if you think about. 

1) They have disregarded his attempt to send them P3. Nowadays they automatically send the "you are not required to send P3 etc" email regardless of you force feed them the P3 or not. I'm POSITIVE that them sending out this email automatically is their attempt to stop ppl from wasting the Consular staff's time by having to go through the thousands of unrequested P3's to look for the P3's that were actually requested. I know that this procedure of doing that (force feeding the P3) is actually quite detrimental to how bogged down MTL is so it actually is everyone's own fault for how slow it is.

2) Sent you (peti) the P3 because they have no other way to contact the bene through email. (because you did not give them his email address at the NVC level?) I'd suspect he'd get P3 in the mail shortly. 

Question: So you (peti) sent the P3 for your beneficiary from your own email address? He hopefully filled out and signed the DS160 on his own though, right?

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline

@K1visaHopeful I gave the bene's email to NVC as soon as we got our case number, so both bene and I have our emails on file. We BOTH got emails from NVC when our case went in transit to the consulate, so I believe the consulate has both, but I as the petitioner got the actual P3 request. 

And yes, he filled out DS160 on his own.

4 minutes ago, sumbunny said:

@K1visaHopeful I gave the bene's email to NVC as soon as we got our case number, so both bene and I have our emails on file. We BOTH got emails from NVC when our case went in transit to the consulate, so I believe the consulate has both, but I as the petitioner got the actual P3 request. 

And yes, he filled out DS160 on his own.

Strange then. Maybe his email is incorrect. That could be solved by him sending in the P3 from his own email address with the P3 email sent to you attached, you would think. Maybe they are confused by which email belongs to who. That could have happened at the NVC too.

And yes, good on the DS160. Just confirming!

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline

I’m not too worried about it. With the subject line and all the documents attached, I don’t think it matters too much which email it comes from tbh. Since we’ve already sent the info from mine, we don’t want to send it from his too. Seems redundant.

2 minutes ago, sumbunny said:

I’m not too worried about it. With the subject line and all the documents attached, I don’t think it matters too much which email it comes from tbh. Since we’ve already sent the info from mine, we don’t want to send it from his too. Seems redundant.

I agree (it is redundant). It just seemed like you may have wanted to correct the email issue so I offered a suggestion on how you may correct it without having to contact the inquiry line/email.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I agree (it is redundant). It just seemed like you may have wanted to correct the email issue so I offered a suggestion on how you may correct it without having to contact the inquiry line/email.

Nah. Since we both got NVC updates to our correct emails, I think they have the correct ones. I just think MTL sent P3 to the first one listed. Our emails are our first and last names with numbers, so there's no confusing who the email is going to haha :) Thanks for the input! Can't wait to get P4... will update when I do!

3 minutes ago, sumbunny said:

Nah. Since we both got NVC updates to our correct emails, I think they have the correct ones. I just think MTL sent P3 to the first one listed. Our emails are our first and last names with numbers, so there's no confusing who the email is going to haha :) Thanks for the input! Can't wait to get P4... will update when I do!

Coolio. I'm watching the AIS website to register for interview like a hawk. Will post when appts come available and on which dates. Standby.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.