jessbethd

Scheduling montreal interview

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Ezraylia said:

@kas634 @jessbethd

Montreal has dates open! I just checked! I hope you're at that stage Jess!

WOOOOOOOOOOO! 

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

Timeline
On 2018-04-03 at 3:58 PM, kas634 said:

We just got told to wait by Montreal after sending in our Packet 3 (without an initial email) :( but yeah, you're definitely not crazy! I check like every freaking day lmao 

hi there.. did you receive your packet 3 via email? nvc site shows our case was "ready" last 3.27.18 and i still haven't receive any packet. lol

Timeline
1 minute ago, C.&A. said:

hi there.. did you receive your packet 3 via email? nvc site shows our case was "ready" last 3.27.18 and i still haven't receive any packet. lol

I did, we didn't receive anything either :) they might accept yours, it's worth a try 

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Timeline
2 minutes ago, C.&A. said:

need a little help, i'm having problem's uploading my photo on the site. i mean, ds160. it shows, please try again later.. been doing it aince this morning.. 

do you mean the passport photo? it wouldn't accept ours, it should be fine, just bring passport photos to the interview 

Timeline
Just now, kas634 said:

do you mean the passport photo? it wouldn't accept ours, it should be fine, just bring passport photos to the interview 

3 minutes ago, kas634 said:

I did, we didn't receive anything either :) they might accept yours, it's worth a try 

really? hahah been trying since this morning.. where can i find the confirmation receipt btw? i answered everything, only missing was the uploaded photo. lol

Timeline
43 minutes ago, C.&A. said:

really? hahah been trying since this morning.. where can i find the confirmation receipt btw? i answered everything, only missing was the uploaded photo. lol

Did it get emailed to you?? Maybe you didn't officially go through the confirmation, I think I remember the confirmation/signature thing not being too obvious.. but maybe I just blocked it from my memory lol, but it should look something like this

ds160.PNG

Timeline

got it. i did it twice coz the first attempt won't allow me to go on that page. lol

anyways, thank you for your help :)

wanna consider sending the packet 3 to the embassy but afraid they might send it back or say we should wait. haha 

it's been more than a week since its "ready"

Timeline
57 minutes ago, C.&A. said:

got it. i did it twice coz the first attempt won't allow me to go on that page. lol

anyways, thank you for your help :)

wanna consider sending the packet 3 to the embassy but afraid they might send it back or say we should wait. haha 

it's been more than a week since its "ready"

They might, they might not.. worth a try! I'm going to keep sending it on a weekly basis 

Timeline
2 hours ago, jessbethd said:

Glad to hear interview dates have opened up!!!  Unfortunately we have ro wait :( Does anyone knoe if packet 3 gets sent by email or canada post? 

I got it through email, so likely that. 

8/6/17 - K-1 Sent

8/11/17 - NOA1 Received 

2/14/18 - NOA2 Received

5/16/18 - Medical

5/22/18 - Interview

Hi all - so happy to have found this thread seeing fellow Canadians going through the process!!! 

Still waiting on NOA2 (early January filers). I am out of Toronto, fiance is in Nashville. Few questions for those of you that are a bit further ahead in this lengthy and nail-biting process (I'm trying to be super proactive so that I feel like I am doing something other than just waiting on this NOA2 to arrive....):

1. How do you ensure the Montreal Consulate/NVC emails the beneficiary documents (Packet 3,  4, etc) versus mail? Do we have to log that somewhere, are there instructions in the NOA2 letter the Petitioner receives? Like many people, I'm hoping to keep everything as electronic as possible to avoid delays... 
  2. What are the interview timelines looking light right now for the available dates at the Montreal consulate? Im assuming because I don't have an NVC # for my case that I can't see the available interview dates. I'm just trying to get a feel of how long the wait is so i can realistically manage my expectations :( 
  3. Anyone in this group from the GTA/Ontario area? Have you had your medical exam? What are the costs like, how are the doctors and their flexibility booking appointments that ensure you have everything you need for your interview day?
  4. Any other advice?!?! 

I wish you all the best with your journey through this process!!!

On 4/6/2018 at 8:09 AM, SMK 89 said:

Hi all - so happy to have found this thread seeing fellow Canadians going through the process!!! 

Still waiting on NOA2 (early January filers). I am out of Toronto, fiance is in Nashville. Few questions for those of you that are a bit further ahead in this lengthy and nail-biting process (I'm trying to be super proactive so that I feel like I am doing something other than just waiting on this NOA2 to arrive....):

1. How do you ensure the Montreal Consulate/NVC emails the beneficiary documents (Packet 3,  4, etc) versus mail? Do we have to log that somewhere, are there instructions in the NOA2 letter the Petitioner receives? Like many people, I'm hoping to keep everything as electronic as possible to avoid delays... 
  2. What are the interview timelines looking light right now for the available dates at the Montreal consulate? Im assuming because I don't have an NVC # for my case that I can't see the available interview dates. I'm just trying to get a feel of how long the wait is so i can realistically manage my expectations :( 
  3. Anyone in this group from the GTA/Ontario area? Have you had your medical exam? What are the costs like, how are the doctors and their flexibility booking appointments that ensure you have everything you need for your interview day?
  4. Any other advice?!?! 

I wish you all the best with your journey through this process!!!

1) Montreal does everything by email, don't worry about it.

2) depends on when you get your NOA2 to be honest.  It can be a month to 3 months of a wait.  It really depends on how busy they are.

3) there is a list of panel physicians on the Canada embassy page on vj.  I highly suggest contacting them.  There are about 2 panel physicians in Ontario in the Toronto(ish) area, 1 in Montreal, QC, and 1 in Surrey BC.   You need  to contact them to find out how long it takes to get the results back. Some are 2 weeks (seems to be the average for ON Drs) and BC is next day.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/3/2018 at 3:58 PM, kas634 said:

We just got told to wait by Montreal after sending in our Packet 3 (without an initial email) :( but yeah, you're definitely not crazy! I check like every freaking day lmao 

Kas634 did you get your packet 3 yet? Still waiting here... seems like its taking an extra long time!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.