dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2018

2,123 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, crmathew1 said:

Yayy!! Im gladd!! They should review within the next two weeks! I would say one week but its better to overestimate n be pleasantly surprised ☺️☺️

did you get CC?

Timeline
4 hours ago, HariMS said:

Urgent help required!

What can be used as a proof of relationship while filing i864A? My brother in-law will be filing i864A for me as my wife's income won't be sufficient to sponsor me. Thanks in advance :) 

if staying in same household  I-864a from joint sponsor and their spouse and recent  w-2 from joint sponsor 

I got checklist on submitting w-2 form and I-864a

however if different address people in community have mentioned separate I-864

Call NVC and confirm hopefully they can confirm information for you 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Pooh23 said:

if staying in same household  I-864a from joint sponsor and their spouse and recent  w-2 from joint sponsor 

I got checklist on submitting w-2 form and I-864a

however if different address people in community have mentioned separate I-864

Call NVC and confirm hopefully they can confirm information for you 

My wife and her brother( my brother-in-law) are in the same household. But what proof can be given to prove relationship. I guess a written letter signed by my wife stating the same will help. 

Application Sent                   : 04/26/2017

Req. for missing info           : 05/25/2017

NoA1                                      : 06/15/2017 (Sent to TSC)

NoA2                                      : 01/31/2018

Sent to NVC                           : 02/13/2018

NVC Received                       : 02/21/2018

Case #      ??                          : 03/29/2018

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

AoS & IV status to 'paid'       : 04/12/2018 (DS-260 link active)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

CC                                             : 05/07/2018 

*******  [Interview date received on 05/10/2018]  *******

Medical                                    : 06/18/2018

VAC (biometric)                      : 06/19/2018

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

:pop: 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, HariMS said:

My wife and her brother( my brother-in-law) are in the same household. But what proof can be given to prove relationship. I guess a written letter signed by my wife stating the same will help. 

People in community mentioned something about it specifically let me check that should work however in my case my joint sponsor is my mother in law it made things easier 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, HariMS said:

Yup I believe that would work 

you completed Form I-864A, submit evidence that proves your relationship to the sponsor (the person who filed Form I-864). You can prove your relationship by submitting a photocopy of one of the documents below:

• Birth certificate;
  • Marriage certificate;
  • Adoption certificate;
  • The petitioner or joint sponsor’s most recent Federal Income Tax Returns, if you are listed as a dependent; or
  • A signed, written statement describing the relationship.

Hello guys....please correct me if I am wrong with this.  Regarding Joint Sponsor or Co-Sponsor                                 

On form I 864 and I 864A....this means COMBINE income to qualify on the poverty guideline if the one signing the form is  HOUSEHOLD member.   

On  form I 864 or the JOINT SPONSOR. Meaning He/She (joint sponsor)  alone should Qualify on poverty guideline. Your (petitioner) income will not ADD on their income.

Any answer will very much appreciated. Thanks                                                               

Edited by Ed and Lyn

Timeline
Just now, Ed and Lyn said:

Hello guys....please correct me if I am wrong with this.  Regarding Joint Sponsor or Co-Sponsor                                 On form I 864 and I 864A....this means COMBINE income to qualify on the poverty guideline if                               the one signing the form is  HOUSEHOLD member.                                                                                           On  form I 864 or the JOINT SPONSOR. Meaning He/She (joint sponsor)  alone should Qualify on                        poverty guideline. Your (petitioner) income will not ADD on their income.

In case the joint sponsor is also filing i864, then we need not put '1' in the box indicated right? 

image.png.d6647dbe3217e67c406661b6c9b9b148.png

So, in the main petitioner's i864, is there any place where we should indicate that there is a joint sponsor? :)

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ed and Lyn said:

Hello guys....please correct me if I am wrong with this.  Regarding Joint Sponsor or Co-Sponsor                                 

On form I 864 and I 864A....this means COMBINE income to qualify on the poverty guideline if the one signing the form is  HOUSEHOLD member.   

On  form I 864 or the JOINT SPONSOR. Meaning He/She (joint sponsor)  alone should Qualify on poverty guideline. Your (petitioner) income will not ADD on their income.

On form I 864 and I 864A....this means COMBINE income to qualify on the poverty guideline if the one signing the form is  HOUSEHOLD member - yes that's right

However if one person salary is sufficient then it will be only I-864 that would be done by spouse or joint sponsor if not sufficient then I-864a is needed and joint sponsor comes in picture. - till my knowledge.. still confirm on that not 100%sure 

As my lawyer helped me with it 

Edited by Pooh23

4 minutes ago, HariMS said:

In case the joint sponsor is also filing i864, then we need not put '1' in the box indicated right? 

image.png.d6647dbe3217e67c406661b6c9b9b148.png

So, in the main petitioner's i864, is there any place where we should indicate that there is a joint sponsor? :)

Thanks for your answer....looks like we need more info regarding filling on I 864....

9 minutes ago, Ed and Lyn said:

Joint/Co-Sponsor file I-864 alone without combine with the petitioner's income. I think that sound right what you mentioned. 

I-864A in the same household to combine but at least age 18 or above if I'm not mistaken.

3 minutes ago, Pooh23 said:

On form I 864 and I 864A....this means COMBINE income to qualify on the poverty guideline if the one signing the form is  HOUSEHOLD member - yes that's right

However if one person salary is sufficient then it will be only I-864 that would be done by spouse if not sufficient then I-864a is needed and joint sponsor comes in picture. - till my knowledge.. still confirm on that not 100%sure 

Thanks for the answer.....My wife (petitioner) will not qualify for sure. That is why I am clearing things up before we get there.

2 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

Joint/Co-Sponsor file I-864 alone without combine with the petitioner's income. I think that sound right what you mentioned. 

I-864A in the same household to combine but at least age 18 or above if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks kababayan.....I am sorting this out, it might cause our delay.

5 minutes ago, Ed and Lyn said:

Thanks for the answer.....My wife (petitioner) will not qualify for sure. That is why I am clearing things up before we get there.

I have faith for you. You guys will be fine so yea its better to prepare ahead of time as right now :D 

birth certificates of the wife and brother showing the same names of parents should work as proof of their relationship.

39 minutes ago, HariMS said:

birth certificates of the wife and brother showing the same names of parents should work as proof of their relationship

Timeline
Just now, Meno said:

birth certificates of the wife and brother showing the same names of parents should work as proof of their relationship.

Let me check if they both have it still.. my wife was mentioning that her birth certificate has broken into pieces as a result of ageing :D 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.