dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2018

2,123 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Amisharjil said:

So that's the only difference? What about processing time? Are they both the same?

About the same in the end unless something comes up with checklist ( RFE ) gets much longer... Good luck with yours! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Urgent help required!

What can be used as a proof of relationship while filing i864A? My brother in-law will be filing i864A for me as my wife's income won't be sufficient to sponsor me. Thanks in advance :) 

Application Sent                   : 04/26/2017

Req. for missing info           : 05/25/2017

NoA1                                      : 06/15/2017 (Sent to TSC)

NoA2                                      : 01/31/2018

Sent to NVC                           : 02/13/2018

NVC Received                       : 02/21/2018

Case #      ??                          : 03/29/2018

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

AoS & IV status to 'paid'       : 04/12/2018 (DS-260 link active)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

CC                                             : 05/07/2018 

*******  [Interview date received on 05/10/2018]  *******

Medical                                    : 06/18/2018

VAC (biometric)                      : 06/19/2018

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

:pop: 

15 hours ago, Beast333 said:

Thanks!

and secondly after approval in how many days you called nvc? About receving case?

My case have been approved on 7 apriL as the date written on NOA 2 already 10 days are passed, so when should i call?

My case status on uscis new website still shows approved!

After I-130? Mine took a little while. I was approved on Dec 20th at Texas, it was sent to NVC on Jan 26th, and NVC received it on Feb 2nd. I was waiting ever since for a case number. If you are pivot you've got a little bit of a wait coming for you unfortunately....

58 minutes ago, HariMS said:

Urgent help required!

What can be used as a proof of relationship while filing i864A? My brother in-law will be filing i864A for me as my wife's income won't be sufficient to sponsor me. Thanks in advance :) 

Your sister's marriage certificate married to your brother in law should show the proof of relationship I think. Let's see what others suggest. Is your brother in law's income sufficient enough as co-sponsor to file I-864 alone? Good luck!

1 hour ago, HariMS said:

Urgent help required!

Your brother in law should file I-864....so both your wife and your brother-in-law file I-864.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
53 minutes ago, JBapay said:

After I-130? Mine took a little while. I was approved on Dec 20th at Texas, it was sent to NVC on Jan 26th, and NVC received it on Feb 2nd. I was waiting ever since for a case number. If you are pivot you've got a little bit of a wait coming for you unfortunately....

On apriL 19 today there is online status update to my case.

It has been sent to Nvc in only 10 days.

So when should i contact nvc now?on monday

or should they contact me?

2 minutes ago, Beast333 said:

On apriL 19 today there is online status update to my case.

It has been sent to Nvc in only 10 days.

So when should i contact nvc now?on monday

or should they contact me?

With NVC, you need to be proactive. So it's always you calling them. Have their number on speed dial ;) 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ms_bobdog said:

With NVC, you need to be proactive. So it's always you calling them. Have their number on speed dial ;) 

Thanks.

Can you tell me in how many days after status change nvc revceive case?

should i mail them today?

Secondly you are also proactice LoL so you should also join this whats app group so you can help others there.

‎Open this link to join  WhatsApp Group:

NationaL ViSa Center

https://chat.whatsapp.com/INVfS9BgEfSISxMOoWvDuh

5 minutes ago, Beast333 said:

Thanks.

Can you tell me in how many days after status change nvc revceive case?

should i mail them today?

Secondly you are also proactice LoL so you should also join this whats app group so you can help others there.

‎Open this link to join  WhatsApp Group:

NationaL ViSa Center

https://chat.whatsapp.com/INVfS9BgEfSISxMOoWvDuh

NVC takes about a week from USCIS's sending date to receive. I will opt out of the Whatsapp group because I have too many groups to manage :P  I will be here though. It is more convenient for me to check in whenever I can than to keep getting buzzed :D 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ms_bobdog said:

NVC takes about a week from USCIS's sending date to receive. I will opt out of the Whatsapp group because I have too many groups to manage :P  I will be here though. It is more convenient for me to check in whenever I can than to keep getting buzzed :D 

Lol thats fine.

thanks again😇

just heard from some people about uscis sending case to nvc in a month or more time and blah blah.

but i think all things are going fast!

Approved in 181 days and sent to nvc in 10 days!

Woho😃

Whoo hooo.  My wife received email from NVC , (4/20/18 @ 2:30am) the IV (immigration visa) icon is open. She already paid it. Now waiting for DS 260 to open...slowly but surely we're getting there.

3 hours ago, HariMS said:

Urgent help required!

Additional to my previous comment. Here I find the information about proof of relationship here it is...

If you completed Form I-864A, submit evidence that proves your relationship to the sponsor (the person who filed Form I-864). You can prove your relationship by submitting a photocopy of one of the documents below:

• Birth certificate;
  • Marriage certificate;
  • Adoption certificate;
  • The petitioner or joint sponsor’s most recent Federal Income Tax Returns, if you are listed as a dependent; or
  • A signed, written statement describing the relationship.

Just now, deafguy72 said:

Additional to my previous comment. Here I find the information about proof of relationship here it is...

If you completed Form I-864A, submit evidence that proves your relationship to the sponsor (the person who filed Form I-864). You can prove your relationship by submitting a photocopy of one of the documents below:

• Birth certificate;
  • Marriage certificate;
  • Adoption certificate;
  • The petitioner or joint sponsor’s most recent Federal Income Tax Returns, if you are listed as a dependent; or
  • A signed, written statement describing the relationship.

He cannot have his brother in law use I864a unless his wife lives with his brother in law.  If they maintain separate households, brother in law must file I 864.  

1 minute ago, aywang said:

He cannot have his brother in law use I864a unless his wife lives with his brother in law.  If they maintain separate households, brother in law must file I 864.  

Now it makes sense here. His brother in law needs to file I-864 not ( A ). Thanks a lot Aywang :) 

2 hours ago, Ed and Lyn said:

Whoo hooo.  My wife received email from NVC , (4/20/18 @ 2:30am) the IV (immigration visa) icon is open. She already paid it. Now waiting for DS 260 to open...slowly but surely we're getting there.

That's good to hear. We're still waiting for the IV fee to be payable. The waiting after each step is excruciating.

USCIS:
2017-07-17: Sent I-130
2017-07-21: NOA1
2018-02-12: NOA2
NVC:
2018-03-06: NVC received case
2018-04-12: NVC Case #
2018-05-10: Pay IV fee

2018-05-16: Submit AoS/IV documents
2018-05-21: Scan Date
2018-05-24: Case Complete

2018-05-29: Interview scheduled for July

Embassy:

2018-07-17: Interview date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.