dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2018

2,123 posts in this topic

For those of you who have joint sponsors, how do you arrange your documents in the packet? Do you put all the petitioner’s (main sponsor) financial documents together (I-864, Evidence of income, W2, Tax returns), followed by joint sponsor’s documents (I-864, Evidence of income, W2, Tax returns). 

Or: Peitioner’s I-864, joint sponsor’s I-864, petitioner’s Evidence of income, joint sponsor’s Evidence of income, petitioner’s W2, joint sponsir’s W2, etc etc ?

Or does it even matter? 

4 hours ago, Beast333 said:

Hy Guys 

So uscis app notified me about case change i check case on old uscis website.

It says today 18 apriL 2018 RFE was mailed!

P. D 10 Oct 2017 Texas service center.

I was already expecting rfe for spouse pics,as my lawyer didnt add them.

So hopefully this mess will end in 2 ,3 weeks.

No update on new uscis website account.

Good LuCk to all of you!

So, you didn't send your spouses pics for bona fide relationship with USCIS that they did not RFE in the first place until NVC requested for it? That's strange. I got RFE for judge's signature missing of my divorce decree with USCIS then finally they approved before forward to NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
8 hours ago, ayazk said:

So I know pivot cases get quicker case complete, but for the entire process from Received at NVC to Interview, are pivot cases faster?

I just want to know if this waiting 10 weeks for a case number is going to kill me mentally or not. (It probably will regardless)

It has been the longest 11 weeks ever, every day feels horrible not knowing when you will continue knowing that at any time you could get a case number to move on.... 

It's really confusing NVC states that the processing time is 2 months and then you will be called for an interview. However few people on this forum said the waiting time is around 3 months to 8 months? Can someone share more information on this.

29 minutes ago, Amisharjil said:

It's really confusing NVC states that the processing time is 2 months and then you will be called for an interview. However few people on this forum said the waiting time is around 3 months to 8 months? Can someone share more information on this.

If this is what you are looking at: 

NVC schedules appointments one month in advance.  The U.S. Embassy or Consulate General tells NVC what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments in a first-in, first-out manner.  Most appointments are set within 60 days of NVC receipt of all requested documentation. However, we cannot predict when an interview appointment will be available.

It says 60 days of NVC receipt of all requested documentation. You need to account for the waiting time for NVC to generate your case number and for your payments to clear. And also depends on how fast you can submit your documents, of course.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, MahiAS said:

A quick update from me :)

PD: May 30, 2017

Texas Service Center 

Pivot case 

Embassy:  Islamabad 

NOA2: Dec 21, 2017

NVC received: Feb 1, 2018

Case number assigned: April 13, 2018

IV and AOS fee paid: April 13, 2018 (Friday)

Money withdrawn from bank account: April 16, 2018 (Monday)

Fees Status changed to Paid: April 17, 2018 

AOS and IV application and documents submitted: April 18, 2018 

hoping for a quick CC! 

Good Luck :)

PD  = 15 DEC 2016

NOA 1 = 21 DEC 2016

NOA 2 = JAN 2018

(AS PETITIONER WAS ON GREEN CARDS THAT IS WHY IT TOOK SO LONG)

NVC RECEIVED = 12 FEB 2018

CASE # ASSIGNED = 19 APR 2018

PAID AOS & IV FEE = 20 APR 2018

FEE DEDUCTED = 25 APR 2018

DS260/CIVIL DOCS/ AOS SUBMITTED = 26 APR 2018

WAITING FOR CC :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 hours ago, Mouna24 said:

Congratulations, we still waiting ,NVC received 13 february, yesterday they Said my informations are in the système, just Wait to assign à number

Nvc recieved mine on 12 Feb and told me the same story lets see :)

PD  = 15 DEC 2016

NOA 1 = 21 DEC 2016

NOA 2 = JAN 2018

(AS PETITIONER WAS ON GREEN CARDS THAT IS WHY IT TOOK SO LONG)

NVC RECEIVED = 12 FEB 2018

CASE # ASSIGNED = 19 APR 2018

PAID AOS & IV FEE = 20 APR 2018

FEE DEDUCTED = 25 APR 2018

DS260/CIVIL DOCS/ AOS SUBMITTED = 26 APR 2018

WAITING FOR CC :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

Is it possible to request a different date for your embassy interview after it has been assigned? And in that case do you need to communicate with the embassy directly?

For me the best would be to have my interview either in May (not gonna happen with current timelines) or September and later.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, MahiAS said:

A quick update from me :)

PD: May 30, 2017

Texas Service Center 

Pivot case 

Embassy:  Islamabad 

NOA2: Dec 21, 2017

NVC received: Feb 1, 2018

Case number assigned: April 13, 2018

IV and AOS fee paid: April 13, 2018 (Friday)

Money withdrawn from bank account: April 16, 2018 (Monday)

Fees Status changed to Paid: April 17, 2018 

AOS and IV application and documents submitted: April 18, 2018 

hoping for a quick CC! 

Congrats and good luck!

22 hours ago, camilleRichard said:

Mine was from Texas . Noa2- March 1 

Sent to nvc - March 20 

Nvc received - March 27 

Weekly we are calling the nvc they keep saying wait another 8weeks for the case no. :( 

We have the same NVC Recieve date of 27th March, When we called they said that we would receive our case number anytime between now and May 22.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, Elrona said:

Is it possible to request a different date for your embassy interview after it has been assigned? And in that case do you need to communicate with the embassy directly?

For me the best would be to have my interview either in May (not gonna happen with current timelines) or September and later.

Yes I believe you have to communicate directly with the embassy. Every embassy is different, but in the interview email there is a link to follow if you need to reschedule. It will take you to your embassy's site.

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

A few bits of info that I have gathered from the NVC over the past few weeks for pivot cases like mine:

They are generating case numbers in the order that the files were received from USCIS. There had been some speculation earlier that they are not going in order but I think that is not true based on when I received my case number. So, it makes sense to keep an eye on when others are getting their case numbers in order to estimate.

Once they start asking for names and DOBs it means your info has been loaded into the system. It seems to take about 2-3 weeks to receive a case number thereafter.

A supervisor flag does not slow down the process or take your file out of the normal queue. It simply advises them that you are past the “normal” 8 weeks. I feel it doesn’t make a difference but I would not risk skipping that step.

I wish everyone best of luck with your cases. This process is emotionally trying to say the least.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.