dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2018

2,123 posts in this topic

Timeline

So I know pivot cases get quicker case complete, but for the entire process from Received at NVC to Interview, are pivot cases faster?

I just want to know if this waiting 10 weeks for a case number is going to kill me mentally or not. (It probably will regardless)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ayazk said:

So I know pivot cases get quicker case complete, but for the entire process from Received at NVC to Interview, are pivot cases faster?

I just want to know if this waiting 10 weeks for a case number is going to kill me mentally or not. (It probably will regardless)

depends getting case # takes longer but cc and sending to embassy is quicker for pivot so i think its about same in end. 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

9 minutes ago, H&H. said:

depends getting case # takes longer but cc and sending to embassy is quicker for pivot so i think its about same in end. 

How do i know that my case is pivot. I just approved 2 weeks ago. Thanks

17 minutes ago, ayazk said:

At this moment. I would say sorry to those who are pivot case. NVC received my case on Feb 15th (regular case), and I already get CC. While some pivot case still waiting for case number since Feb 1st. 

However, when their system is completed, pivot case will have a big advantage over others.

NSC

NOA1: 03 JUL 2017

NOA2: 31 JAN 2018

NVC RECEIVED: FEB 15 2018

CASE #: MAR 21 2018

DS261: MAR 24 2018

AOS PAY: MAR 27 2018, "PAID" MAR 29 2018

IV PAY: MAR 29 2018

SD: APR 05 2018

CC: APR 17 2018

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Reqahmed said:

How do i know that my case is pivot. I just approved 2 weeks ago. Thanks

call nvc and ask or google method 1 embassies or they will tell you in email letter how to send stuff 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Timeline
Just now, Tkim said:

At this moment. I would say sorry to those who are pivot case. NVC received my case on Feb 15th (regular case), and I already get CC. While some pivot case still waiting for case number since Feb 1st. 

However, when their system is completed, pivot case will have a big advantage over others.

yeah they received your case 3 weeks after mine and our cc is basically same. BUT my embassy has paper rights away where they have to ship your papers to the embassy and that takes longer or can get lost etc. 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tkim said:

:( They just received my case on April 12. Wish me luck and pray I don't go psycho while waiting for case number

2 minutes ago, H&H. said:

yeah they received your case 3 weeks after mine and our cc is basically same. BUT my embassy has paper rights away where they have to ship your papers to the embassy and that takes longer or can get lost etc. 

Yeah that’s why I said pivot cases will be better later when the system is completed.  Right now reg case beneficiary still have to bring all papers with them as recommended whether the paper is delivered safely to embassy or get lost on the way there :(

3 minutes ago, ayazk said:

:( They just received my case on April 12. Wish me luck and pray I don't go psycho while waiting for case number

I heard you. I went crazy even with 5 weeks wait.

NSC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello guys! Just have a question while I wait for my case number. I’m more than $2,000 over the poverty guidelines do you think they will ask for a cosponser?

9 minutes ago, sunil1 said:

For non-pivot cases how long its typically taking from - getting invoice number to case complete ? 

My personal timeline:

4 weeks from receiving case # over the phone

3 weeks from receiving welcome letter

NSC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
44 minutes ago, ayazk said:

Sorry, the wait is brutal for pivots right now. I'd far prefer being a regular case too since at least, there's continual movement on those cases. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hy Guys 

So uscis app notified me about case change i check case on old uscis website.

It says today 18 apriL 2018 RFE was mailed!

P. D 10 Oct 2017 Texas service center.

I was already expecting rfe for spouse pics,as my lawyer didnt add them.

So hopefully this mess will end in 2 ,3 weeks.

No update on new uscis website account.

Good LuCk to all of you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.