dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2018

2,123 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, NilsaAnil21 said:

So if I upload the documents will it delay the process more since the lawyer sent it in the mail?

2 minutes ago, aywang said:

I don't think it will delay the process if you upload the documents.  I think it will delay the process if you don't upload the documents and wait for the mail, as it may get returned.

Exactly. They will never see the paper documents. The document review dept will just return it while pivot department will just keep waiting for you to submit your documents online. I'm surprised they didn't send you an email asking you to submit your documents online. Anyway, just upload them as soon as you can. They reviewed mine within a week. This is good time to upload it because you never know when something changes at NvC causing further delays!

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

-When Harry met Sally

06/15/2017 NOA 1
01/04/2018 NOA 2
02/01/2018: USCIS case status update: Case forwarded to NVC
02/09/2018 NVC Receive
03/12/2018 NVC transferred to PIVOT department for Electronic Processing
03/27/2018 Case Number Received
03/27/2018 AOS & IV Fee Paid
03/29/2018 AOS & IV Fee status changed to "Paid"
03/29/2018 Consulate change request approved (in reply to a 3/15/2018 e-mail to asknvc@state.gov)
3/30/2018 DS 260 Completed

4/9/2018 AOS & IV Packets MAILED

4/10/2018 AOS & IV Packets UPLOADED 

4/17/2018 Requested for re-upload of two documents due to it being Landscape instead of portrait

4/24/2018 Case Completed- Received e-mail, status changed to "At NVC"

4 minutes ago, aywang said:

I don't think it will delay the process if you upload the documents.  I think it will delay the process if you don't upload the documents and wait for the mail, as it may get returned.

Thanks! I will have the lawyer upload the documents tomorrow since its 1 am here...I don't have all the documents with me. I'm so annoyed now

4 minutes ago, crmathew1 said:

Exactly. They will never see the paper documents. The document review dept will just return it while pivot department will just keep waiting for you to submit your documents online. I'm surprised they didn't send you an email asking you to submit your documents online. Anyway, just upload them as soon as you can. They reviewed mine within a week. This is good time to upload it because you never know when something changes at NvC causing further delays!

Thanks for your advice. I will have to do it tomorrow...this sucks. I was so happy when i got an email from the lawyer saying they submitted ever thing today. And now I'm stressed.

And i knew it had to be uploaded. I even let them know to upload not mail.

Edited by NilsaAnil21

43 minutes ago, NilsaAnil21 said:

Thanks Aywang!

It seems my lawyer mailed all my documents even though I'm a pivot case...I wonder now if there will be a delay...😞

If we all got a dollar each time we come across a lawyer screwing up, we would be rich soon... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
7 hours ago, Mouna24 said:

Hello

I want to know if i must translate to english my birth certificate and  criminal record,my Embassy is Montréal (Canada)

Thanks

I think that somewhere on the nvc website states that any document on the official language of the country where the embassy is, does not need translation. In Canada I am not sure since there are more than 1 official language right?

Timeline
7 hours ago, Kokita said:

Hello guys,

I need help please. I am going to have a joint sponsor for my husband because I am not qualified to be his sponsor now. My question is which form I need to fill out and which form the sponsor will need to fill out? Also, what kind of evidence the joint sponsor and I need to submit?

Hi, You will need to find someone that is well qualified to the poverty guidelines, on their taxes is the amount to be considered is called "adjusted gross income" 

If the sponsor is not a family member that lives on your same household the you both need to fill the same I-864 form (one filled by you with all your documents and one filled by the joint sponsor), you have to fill it as the petitioner even if your income is 0 it is a requirement.

then your qualifying joint sponsor will qualify as the joint sponsor.

Documents for joint sponsor

-Prof of US citizenship (passport picture page copy or copy of naturalization certificate or Birth certificate) does not hurt to add drivers licence copy along with birth certificate

-tax returns copy for the last year (2017 taxes as of today) or IRS transcript

-not required but good is to include the last 3 years of taxes

-also copies of any w2 or other income tax forms like 1099 etc

- employment letter (not a requirement but helps) they want to see if the person is a reliable source of help in case for the future that is why it helps submitting last 3 years it will show trust to consular officer at interview

-pay stubs for the last 6 months (not a requirement but helps)

look in google for form I864 and read the instructions on the uscis site also the nvc website tells you pretty much everything you need.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Kokita said:

Hello guys,

I need help please. I am going to have a joint sponsor for my husband because I am not qualified to be his sponsor now. My question is which form I need to fill out and which form the sponsor will need to fill out? Also, what kind of evidence the joint sponsor and I need to submit?

Here is a link

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-4-collect-financial-documents.html

Timeline
8 hours ago, Mouna24 said:

Hello

I want to know if i must translate to english my birth certificate and  criminal record,my Embassy is Montréal (Canada)

Thanks

"All documents must be submitted in the official language of the country in which you are applying for a visa. If they are not in the official language of that country, they MUST be accompanied by a certified English translation. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that:

The translation is accurate, and The translator is competent to translate.
Your civil documents must be issued by the appropriate authority in your country. For countries where English is the official language no further translations are needed.

Review each category of civil documents listed in the table below and obtain any that apply to you or your immigrating family members. You will submit photocopies of these documents to NVC in Step 6."

link 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I have a question to you all, and please excuse me if this has been posted already.

My husband was filling out the I-864 last night but we are not sure if it is sufficient to just provide the 2016 tax returns as we had to defer 2017? We would add the document showing that we deferred 2017 in addition to 2016 tax transcripts. Is that enough? Or do we need to provide 2014, 2015 and 2016 plus the document showing we deferred?

I should add that we can not find the documents for 2014 as we are in the middle of a move. We have 2015, 2016 and the document showing we deferred. Or is it sufficient to provide what we have and leave 2014 out? Or should we ask for copies from IRS?

My husband is in the military - and has been in for a long time - if that makes any difference and we do not have an issue with the poverty line. We are just totally unsure how much evidence we need to provide. I am reading the instructions as if 2016 is sufficient but I want to double-check with you.

I hope you guys can help...

Edited by R&OC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Chalanero21 said:

"Tous les documents doivent être soumis dans la langue officielle du pays dans lequel vous demandez un visa, s'ils ne sont pas dans la langue officielle de ce pays, ils DOIVENT être accompagnés d'une traduction anglaise certifiée. signé par le traducteur indiquant que:

La traduction est exacte, et le traducteur est compétent pour traduire.
Vos documents d'état civil doivent être délivrés par l'autorité compétente de votre pays. Pour les pays où l'anglais est la langue officielle, aucune autre traduction n'est nécessaire.

Passez en revue chaque catégorie de documents civils énumérés dans le tableau ci-dessous et obtenez ceux qui s'appliquent à vous ou aux membres de votre famille immigrante. Vous enverrez des photocopies de ces documents à la CNV à l'étape 6. "

lien 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the- NVC / beau - 5-collect-support-documents.html

Thanks you very Much chalanero21 , im am happy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So guys today i reveive NOA2 of approval notice by maiL.

Case was approved already a week on uscis website on 9 apriL 2018.

But the date on notice is (notice date 4-7-18)

SecondLy on the NOA2 it is written that

(As the Petitioner Requests,we have sent the case to Deparment of State National Visa center NVC

You should allow a minimum of 30 days for U.S department of state processing before contacting NVC)

So guys i am little confused is petition already sent to nvc,as the status on uscis website still shows approved?

10 days are passed should i contact nvc now?

Thanks

Okie guys, I have some good news for everyone. After reading a post that said there should be some update to my online status when NVC receives my documents, I got my husband to call again, even though they had told us our scan date was 12 April previously. This guy on the phone had no idea what a scan date was, but he did confirm that our file is in and quoted us the same 12 April date. And he said that they will take up to 6 weeks to review. In the past, NVC stage was up to 11 weeks for review, so I guess we can kind of forgive them for being slow with our case number, since they are compensating with a quicker review? :D 

Hi i am the beneficiary What form would my husband use for Sponsoring my petition? .. what kind of i846 Affidavit of support .. No co sponsor just him ,. His gross is like 30k .. would that be ok? Or we need co sponsor? .. Thank You :) 

11 minutes ago, Beast333 said:

So guys today i reveive NOA2 of approval notice by maiL.

Case was approved already a week on uscis website on 9 apriL 2018.

But the date on notice is (notice date 4-7-18)

SecondLy on the NOA2 it is written that

(As the Petitioner Requests,we have sent the case to Deparment of State National Visa center NVC

You should allow a minimum of 30 days for U.S department of state processing before contacting NVC)

So guys i am little confused is petition already sent to nvc,as the status on uscis website still shows approved?

10 days are passed should i contact nvc now?

Thanks

Your online status should show the date that the case was sent to Department of State. If it doesn't, that means it has not been sent yet. Some service centres send very quickly while others take a few weeks.

Just now, camilleRichard said:

Hi i am the beneficiary What form would my husband use for Sponsoring my petition? .. what kind of i846 Affidavit of support .. No co sponsor just him ,. His gross is like 30k .. would that be ok? Or we need co sponsor? .. Thank You :) 

If you are the only person he is sponsoring, you can use the i864EZ. It is shorter. 30K is beyond the minimum guidelines so it should be okie although there is never any guarantee.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.