dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2018

2,123 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

Hey Alaa, 

you already got the CC after one day of sending the docs? 

I think we are in the same boat, except my wife is Syrians :)

I got CC last week and I am waiting for an interview. let's keep in touch, we might have a close interview date. 

Good luck

Yeah, it's like next day air service!!! 

Follow my timeline so you would know more! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 4/21/2018 at 11:47 AM, sanazairy said:

Guys just need some info from senior vj members if any of you have faced it . . . When i logged in to CEAC website using my Case Number and Invoice ID No i was able to access both fee tab and paid them successfully now the status is in process but i was unable to process ds-261 choice of agent form . . . Any suggestions ??

I believe your question has been answered already but I'll tell you what the process is from my experience. You have paid both fees, that's the first step. Now it'll remain "in process" until NVC clears the payments. For me, it was one day after they took the money out of my bank account. Once the status changes to "paid," you'll have access to the DS-260 application and you can submit documents. For PIVOT cases, there is NO DS-261 form. You simply complete the DS-260, submit AOS and civil documents. Once you have uploaded all the documents, you should submit and then and then you'll see "completed" for the application and "submitted" for both sets of documents. It will remain that way until you get a case complete. At which point, I believe it changes to "accepted" from what I have read from other people. I'll know better once I get there. Currently waiting for the CC.

On 4/21/2018 at 2:10 PM, JBapay said:

UPDATE: Pivot case, Texas Service Center 

NOA 2: 12/20/2017

Case Sent to NVC: 1/26

NVC Received: 2/2

Case # assigned: 4/18

Paid both fees: 4/18

Showed as Paid: 4/20

Uploaded all docs & completed DS-260: 4/21

Waiting for CC!

Congratulations! It's such a relief doing all these steps without having to call NVC daily. Hoping for a quick CC!

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

when sending documents to NVC did you guys only send what's in the checklist or did you send other supporting items as well? Like wedding photos, joint bank accounts, chat/messaging screenshots etc. Or we can take all those extra items to the embassy? 

15 minutes ago, sunil1 said:

when sending documents to NVC did you guys only send what's in the checklist or did you send other supporting items as well? Like wedding photos, joint bank accounts, chat/messaging screenshots etc. Or we can take all those extra items to the embassy? 

I sent them. People have posted that if you don't send them now, the CO at the embassy may or may not see them.

Timeline
2 hours ago, MahiAS said:

I believe your question has been answered already but I'll tell you what the process is from my experience. You have paid both fees, that's the first step. Now it'll remain "in process" until NVC clears the payments. For me, it was one day after they took the money out of my bank account. Once the status changes to "paid," you'll have access to the DS-260 application and you can submit documents. For PIVOT cases, there is NO DS-261 form. You simply complete the DS-260, submit AOS and civil documents. Once you have uploaded all the documents, you should submit and then and then you'll see "completed" for the application and "submitted" for both sets of documents. It will remain that way until you get a case complete. At which point, I believe it changes to "accepted" from what I have read from other people. I'll know better once I get there. Currently waiting for the CC.

Congratulations! It's such a relief doing all these steps without having to call NVC daily. Hoping for a quick CC!

Thank you so much for replying and i hope you get a quick CC :). . . Well While i am waiting for the next options to get unlock can you plz tell me is IV Application and ds260 the same thing? 

PD  = 15 DEC 2016

NOA 1 = 21 DEC 2016

NOA 2 = JAN 2018

(AS PETITIONER WAS ON GREEN CARDS THAT IS WHY IT TOOK SO LONG)

NVC RECEIVED = 12 FEB 2018

CASE # ASSIGNED = 19 APR 2018

PAID AOS & IV FEE = 20 APR 2018

FEE DEDUCTED = 25 APR 2018

DS260/CIVIL DOCS/ AOS SUBMITTED = 26 APR 2018

WAITING FOR CC :D

Timeline
1 hour ago, sanazairy said:

Thank you so much for replying and i hope you get a quick CC :). . . Well While i am waiting for the next options to get unlock can you plz tell me is IV Application and ds260 the same thing? 

Thank you! Yes it is the same thing. It’s all regular information but what takes the most time is the following:

1) all the addresses that you’ve lived at with start and end dates

2) work history in the last 10 years (I think it’s 10 years). So you need the name of the employer, address, supervisor name and contact info, and start and end dates. 

3) all secondary institutes and higher. Again, you need the address, degree/certification attained, and start and end dates. 

Gather all all this information and it’ll be quick when you actually sit down to fill it. And of course gather all the required documents - scan and save them on your computer so you can easily upload. Make sure they’re all in portrait format and size is less than 2 MB for each of the documents. 

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Is it gonna look bad if I (beneficiary - non us citizen) quit my job 1-2 month before the expected interview date so that I can travel with my us citizen spouse in my home country before we move back to the US?

I know that it's written on their website that it's not recommend, but would I be looked at differently if I quit?

And by the way, we're using a joint sponsor for me, since my wife doesn't meet the requirements. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Alaa Abdelrahman said:

Yeah, it's like next day air service!!! 

Follow my timeline so you would know more! 

You got CC very quickly! Congratulations on that , I am looking forward for my CC as well , they have received our package in 18th . Are you regular or a pivot case ?

2 hours ago, Visa2017 said:

Is it gonna look bad if I (beneficiary - non us citizen) quit my job 1-2 month before the expected interview date so that I can travel with my us citizen spouse in my home country before we move back to the US?

I know that it's written on their website that it's not recommend, but would I be looked at differently if I quit?

And by the way, we're using a joint sponsor for me, since my wife doesn't meet the requirements. 

After approval for case complete, go ahead and quit job if you want to. They won't know during the interview so make sure you have enough money for everything like flight, fees, etc lolol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

After approval for case complete, go ahead and quit job if you want to. They won't know during the interview so make sure you have enough money for everything like flight, fees, etc lolol

For me in India, there is a 3 months notice period to get released from the job. :D So, I will still have the  'working' status during my interview. ;) 

Application Sent                   : 04/26/2017

Req. for missing info           : 05/25/2017

NoA1                                      : 06/15/2017 (Sent to TSC)

NoA2                                      : 01/31/2018

Sent to NVC                           : 02/13/2018

NVC Received                       : 02/21/2018

Case #      ??                          : 03/29/2018

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

AoS & IV status to 'paid'       : 04/12/2018 (DS-260 link active)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

CC                                             : 05/07/2018 

*******  [Interview date received on 05/10/2018]  *******

Medical                                    : 06/18/2018

VAC (biometric)                      : 06/19/2018

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

:pop: 

1 minute ago, HariMS said:

For me in India, there is a 3 months notice period to get released from the job. :D So, I will still have the  'working' status during my interview. ;) 

Yea, for you lol. My brother quitted job before the interview and got his wife approved :D 

My current income is less by $600 of the poverty guideline of my household size.

In order for assets to help me qualify, my assets would have to equal at least five times the difference

(5 x $600). The net value of the assets equaled to at least $3,000.

What evidence is more acceptable by NVC. A letter from my bank stating the amount of money I have in my checking and saving accounts or the statement of the last 12 months, which is a lot to upload in CEAC. Please share your experience if you used the ASSETS TO SUPPLEMENT INCOME REQUIREMENT

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Meb said:

My current income is less by $600 of the poverty guideline of my household size.

In order for assets to help me qualify, my assets would have to equal at least five times the difference

What evidence is more acceptable by NVC. A letter from my bank stating the amount of money I have in my checking and saving accounts or the statement of the last 12 months, which is a lot to upload in CEAC. Please share your experience if you used the ASSETS TO SUPPLEMENT INCOME REQUIREMENT

This link has some valuable info : https://www.***removed***/affidavit-of-support/using-assets-meet-income-requirements.html

hope it helps  :) 

Application Sent                   : 04/26/2017

Req. for missing info           : 05/25/2017

NoA1                                      : 06/15/2017 (Sent to TSC)

NoA2                                      : 01/31/2018

Sent to NVC                           : 02/13/2018

NVC Received                       : 02/21/2018

Case #      ??                          : 03/29/2018

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

AoS & IV status to 'paid'       : 04/12/2018 (DS-260 link active)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

CC                                             : 05/07/2018 

*******  [Interview date received on 05/10/2018]  *******

Medical                                    : 06/18/2018

VAC (biometric)                      : 06/19/2018

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

:pop: 

8 minutes ago, Meb said:

Petition for spouse/children or ? Because it can multiply by 3 or 5. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.