dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2018

2,123 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Chalanero21 said:

That was fast!, everything done in 4 days, at what time did you paid the fees ? and at what time did your bank cleared them and then at what time did it showed paid on the CEAC site, did you had to call NVC to make them mark as paid and have links avaliable?

I paid the fees immediately after I got the email with case number, there was no waiting time in between. That was Wednesday morning east coast time and by Friday afternoon (thats when I checked) I saw it as paid. I didn't have to call NVC at all during this part of the process. Which was a nice break because I literally called them everyday for 10 weeks while waiting for my case number...

Filed: Timeline

Just an update:

12/22/2017 – NOA2 (Texas Service Center)

01/25/2018 – Sent to NVC

02/02/2018 – NVC received

04/17/2018 – Case number assigned (Pivot case)

04/17/2018 – Paid both AOS/IV fees

04/20/2018 – Showed as paid

04/21/2018 – Uploaded/submitted all docs 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
4 hours ago, JBapay said:

I paid the fees immediately after I got the email with case number, there was no waiting time in between. That was Wednesday morning east coast time and by Friday afternoon (thats when I checked) I saw it as paid. I didn't have to call NVC at all during this part of the process. Which was a nice break because I literally called them everyday for 10 weeks while waiting for my case number...

Thank you. I want to have an idea to not loose any single hour after i get that holly case number. I even plan to call my bank to see any options of accelerating the payment in their part. Since feb 2 and no case number yet. I am going craxy....... i might get it monday i hope. I have everything detailed and planned so time dont get wasted. 

21 minutes ago, Chalanero21 said:

Thank you. I want to have an idea to not loose any single hour after i get that holly case number. I even plan to call my bank to see any options of accelerating the payment in their part. Since feb 2 and no case number yet. I am going craxy....... i might get it monday i hope. I have everything detailed and planned so time dont get wasted. 

I don’t think your bank can accelerate payment. It’s NVC that has to update that payment. The best thing to do is to have all your paperwork done and ready to go. The good news is that CC is very fast! I am non-pivot and I got my CC in 6 working days. I assume you are pivot, and it will be a couple of days sooner. So focus on your paperwork so you get no checklists!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ms_bobdog said:

I don’t think your bank can accelerate payment. It’s NVC that has to update that payment. The best thing to do is to have all your paperwork done and ready to go. The good news is that CC is very fast! I am non-pivot and I got my CC in 6 working days. I assume you are pivot, and it will be a couple of days sooner. So focus on your paperwork so you get no checklists!

Thank you, I will focus on that too, I am just tired of this madness, It would have been better If i knew ahead of time from the beginning that this was going to take that long, first NVC said 2 weeks for a case number then went to 4 weeks with the super supervisor, then they started their "we have many cases and we are backlogged" then we went to 8 weeks, then after that, another super supervisor episode, then after 10 weeks the final security checks episodes , until today 11 weeks and no case number yet. LOL

1 hour ago, Chalanero21 said:

Thank you, I will focus on that too, I am just tired of this madness, It would have been better If i knew ahead of time from the beginning that this was going to take that long, first NVC said 2 weeks for a case number then went to 4 weeks with the super supervisor, then they started their "we have many cases and we are backlogged" then we went to 8 weeks, then after that, another super supervisor episode, then after 10 weeks the final security checks episodes , until today 11 weeks and no case number yet. LOL

Actually, I think it all adds up to about the same as in the past eventually. It used to take 11 weeks for NVC to review but that's reduced to 6 now (officially) and most cases complete in a matter of days. So hang in there! 

1 minute ago, MRS T said:

Hello, does anyone know what the current year for tax transcript required by NVC is (2016 or 2017)?

If you have filed for 2017, then it is 2017. If you haven't, you will need to explain that you have filed for an extension. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
8 hours ago, microdisney said:

I actually have the same question. How did you end up sending the petitioner docs? 

Hey, 

I emailed them by placing the petitioner's docs(mine) with the AOS and financial docs together. However, when I called the NVC, the rep said it should be ok either way. it seems they do not care much about ordering them. 

Good luck

18 minutes ago, Joelbincythomas said:

What us the proof of Domicile and petitioner civil documents ??

Have you studied this? http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

6 hours ago, MRS T said:

Hello, does anyone know what the current year for tax transcript required by NVC is (2016 or 2017)?

I think you can either submit tax transcripts or tax returns. Current year is 2017 given that it is now past April 16th.  My dad’s tax transcript won’t be available until June (old school folks who mail in paper returns), so we just submitted a copy of the tax returns. 

3 hours ago, aywang said:

I think you can either submit tax transcripts or tax returns. Current year is 2017 given that it is now past April 16th.  My dad’s tax transcript won’t be available until June (old school folks who mail in paper returns), so we just submitted a copy of the tax returns. 

Oh shoot I didn't really think about that as I had the docs prepared so long ago. I just submitted 2016-2015-2014. Do you think they will expect 2017 returns right away?

17 minutes ago, JBapay said:

Oh shoot I didn't really think about that as I had the docs prepared so long ago. I just submitted 2016-2015-2014. Do you think they will expect 2017 returns right away?

I am not 100% sure. You better call and ask on Monday.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.