dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2018

2,123 posts in this topic

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ed and Lyn said:

Hello guys another questions here....We  have JOINT SPONSOR....their  join income (h/w) according to IRS 1040 form on "ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME" is more than $100k....Do they still need to submit EMPLOYMENT LETTER and 3 mo. PAY STUB?  If yes, since their tax is filed jointly, will both husband and wife should submit their own employment letter and pay stub?.....Anyone experienced this?

joint3.png

We had joint sponsor and they also filed taxes together (husband &wife) we asked our lawyer if they both should sign as sponsors and provide both their information our lawyer said no and we ended up getting a checklist because the w2 on the husband was not the same amount on the taxes filed because it had both of their income. I dont know if that has happend to anyone else but thats what we experienced

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Ella lee said:

I was approved on April 6 and my online still says Case was approved. Its been 2 weeks already and im just waiting for TSC to send it out to NVC already. 

TSC can take up to a month to send it to NVC. Some people have been lucky in that their case was sent in 2-3 weeks but it took them 5 weeks to send my case to NVC. I was approved back in December though so some of it could have been the holidays. Hope yours is sent and received by NVC soon! Then the wait for a case number begins but there is light at the end of the tunnel :)

9 hours ago, NilsaAnil21 said:

For those with pivot cases and CC....when you submitted your documents, how long did it say "submitte d" before the status changed?

I believe it remains 'submitted' until they make a decision and it changes to "accepted." From what I have seen from people posting here, that could be anywhere between 1-3 weeks. Hope it's sooner rather than later. I submitted everything on April 18th.

8 hours ago, sanazairy said:

Thanks for the update it is giving me hope. . .nvc received my case on 12 Feb . . . I hope next week is my week 

Good luck!!

6 hours ago, Vincent & Alejo said:

Just called NVC. They received my case on March 20th. They wouldn't tell me if a case number had been assigned yet. On a positive note, today marks exactly one month since they received it, so I should hopefully have a case number soon. ::fingers crossed:: I just hope NVC isn't a black hole like Nebraska was.........

Good luck! Things are faster after that case number is received because all depends on how quickly you submit your documents. The wait for the case number to be assigned is excruciating. I am a pivot case and it took me 10 weeks to get a case number. 

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Another Question on JOINT SPONSOR......Our Joint Sponsor filed their income "JOINTLY" because their husband and wife. And their Adjusted Gross Income is sufficient enough on poverty line....Are they (husband and wife) gonna sign "individual I 864" form. Or just one ( Husband or Wife).  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
5 minutes ago, aywang said:

Great news! Our case is now documentarily qualified (ie case complete for pivot cases)!

Timeline

NOA 1 May 8, 2018

Nebraska Service Center

NOA2 Jan 16, 2018

Case sent to NVC Jan 24, 2018

Case received Jan 31, 2018

Pivot case 

Case number assigned Apr 11, 2018

Pay AOS / IV fees Apr 12, 2018

Changed to paid Apr 14, 2018

DS 260 / AOS / civil documents Apr 15, 2018

Case complete Apr 20, 2018

Awesome, congrats!!

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

5 minutes ago, aywang said:

Great news! Our case is now documentarily qualified (ie case complete for pivot cases)!

Timeline

NOA 1 May 8, 2018

Nebraska Service Center

NOA2 Jan 16, 2018

Pivot case 

Congrats......very fast CC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Ed and Lyn said:

Another Question on JOINT SPONSOR......Our Joint Sponsor filed their income "JOINTLY" because their husband and wife. And their Adjusted Gross Income is sufficient enough on poverty line....Are they (husband and wife) gonna sign "individual I 864" form. Or just one ( Husband or Wife).  

Have one of them be the joint sponsor & have them fill out a I-864...then the spouse fills out a I-864a as their household member.

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

21 minutes ago, Ed and Lyn said:

Whoever made the higher salary submit the I864...the other sign the I864A. You will need their marriage certificate as proof of relationship. 

21 minutes ago, aywang said:

Timeline

NOA 1 May 8, 2018

Nebraska Service Center

NOA2 Jan 16, 2018

Pivot case 

wow that is amazing news!! congrats! all the brutal case number waiting just might have been worth it for a CC that quick!!

Question for pivot cases who recently got CC: what are some tips/mistakes to avoid while doing DS-260 and document upload? Already know about the 2mb rule and vertical upload pages. Doing DS-260 now and was also surprised that it doesn't have to be done in one sitting, you can save and come back. Any insight helps so I don't delay any further!

Quick update on Timeline:

NVC received case Feb 2nd

Received Case Number (pivot) on April 18th

Paid fees April 18th

DS-260 and forms unlocked April 20th.

Hoping to get through this asap!!

30 minutes ago, aywang said:

Timeline

NOA 1 May 8, 2018

Nebraska Service Center

NOA2 Jan 16, 2018

Pivot case 

So that wait for case number was worth it! Congrats!

13 minutes ago, JBapay said:

Question for pivot cases who recently got CC: what are some tips/mistakes to avoid while doing DS-260 and document upload? Already know about the 2mb rule and vertical upload pages. Doing DS-260 now and was also surprised that it doesn't have to be done in one sitting, you can save and come back. Any insight helps so I don't delay any further!

Quick update on Timeline:

NVC received case Feb 2nd

Received Case Number (pivot) on April 18th

Paid fees April 18th

DS-260 and forms unlocked April 20th.

Hoping to get through this asap!!

Nothing much. For DS 260, just have all your information ready (addresses since age 16; past work for 10 years; last 5 travel to US).  

If if you have joint sponsor / household member to add, do that first. You need to upload some of their documents (I 864 for joint sponsor and their proof of status)...then wait for an hour before you can submit the others.  While waiting, you can fill DS 260 and upload the main sponsor documents.  

Oh, last thing, don’t hit submit button until you have uploaded everything.

1 minute ago, aywang said:

Nothing much. For DS 260, just have all your information ready (addresses since age 16; past work for 10 years; last 5 travel to US).  

If if you have joint sponsor / household member to add, do that first. You need to upload some of their documents (I 864 for joint sponsor and their proof of status)...then wait for an hour before you can submit the others.  While waiting, you can fill DS 260 and upload the main sponsor documents.  

Oh, last thing, don’t hit submit button until you have uploaded everything.

Thank you! I started DS-260 but have to wait to hear from my husband to get one or two bits of info from him to complete. So before I complete DS-260 I can start uploaded AOS right? And to add joint sponsor is there a separate step for that? Where is it under?

Just now, JBapay said:

Thank you! I started DS-260 but have to wait to hear from my husband to get one or two bits of info from him to complete. So before I complete DS-260 I can start uploaded AOS right? And to add joint sponsor is there a separate step for that? Where is it under?

Yes. You should be able to upload AOS now. Just add your joint sponsor first. On the home page, under AOS, you can click add joint sponsor. It will tell you to submit the i864 and the proof of citizenship (if I remember correctly, just follow the instructions)...then you have to wait an hour before that is accepted and you will then see the joint sponsor name listed for the rest of documents submission. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, sunil1 said:

Hi try doing that but it won't let add my name or dates. it say "view only".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.