dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2018

1,149 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Scherice1 said:

Thanks!

Yes, I have already prepared a very detailed book of all required documents and copies, copies of all correspondences from USCIS and NVC, pictures, letters, cards we received for our wedding and anniversary, etc...I am sure I have way more than we need, but I'd rather have too much than not enough. 

For sure, I will post our experience after the interview!

Kindly share how your documents were arranged? Thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!! I was losing hope for a May interview and had stopped calling NVC but I got the interview email today!

SD: 3/16/2018

CC: 3/27/2018

Interview Scheduled/Received Email: 4/12/2018

Interview Date: 5/15/2018

Islamabad Embassy

Timeline

Hey guys, I have a question for people who will have an interview late April or May. Are we required to take the Tax Transcript for 2017 to the interview? I filed my tax return for 2017 through mail this week since I filed as Married filing Separately as I couldn't file electronically since my husband is not in US. I am concerned that I will most likely not have a transcript ready by the time of the interview. My husband's interview is on May 15th. What should he take to the interview if we don't have the tax transcript available by that time or if the tax return is not in the system yet?

Timeline
40 minutes ago, H-H said:

Hey guys, I have a question for people who will have an interview late April or May. Are we required to take the Tax Transcript for 2017 to the interview? I filed my tax return for 2017 through mail this week since I filed as Married filing Separately as I couldn't file electronically since my husband is not in US. I am concerned that I will most likely not have a transcript ready by the time of the interview. My husband's interview is on May 15th. What should he take to the interview if we don't have the tax transcript available by that time or if the tax return is not in the system yet?

I think everyone who interviews after the deadline for filing taxes which is April 15th is required to bring something for 2017 unless an extension was filed. If he just brings the tax return and tells them that the transcript isn’t ready yet, I think he’ll be fine. 

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Timeline
43 minutes ago, H-H said:

if u dont have transcript bring copy of tax return and w2. it took me 2-3 weeks to get transcript from online irs system but i filed in jan....

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Showmiro said:

All Glory to Almighty God for interview success. Had my interview today at Lagos embassy and visa approved. Good luck to us all.

Oh great.. congratulations!! Please let us know how it went and what was asked, and what was checked. I'll be interviewed at Lagos too.. still waiting for a date. 

2 hours ago, Pooh23 said:

Congratulations

Just wanted to check how did you request them to change interview date like did you email or called?

Hi,

I emailed, requested an expedited interview and I submitted letter from doctor because am having a difficult pregnancy plus my 4year old daughter who is a us citizen got denied to renew her visa here. So if you have a case, just send them proof

7 hours ago, Peachess said:

Oh great.. congratulations!! Please let us know how it went and what was asked, and what was checked. I'll be interviewed at Lagos too.. still waiting for a date. 

The normal checking protocol and when inwas called upon

Consular: Are You, she mentioned my name?

Me: Yes please with a smile

Consular: where did you meet?

Did you start a relationship then?

When did my wife travelled?

Have we known each other from childhood?

What does she do in US?

Does she loves her job?

How many times she has visited Nigeria?

Your visa has been approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
20 hours ago, Hitesh..Tammy said:

Congratulations! So when do you do your fingerprinting , cause we read it has to be done day before ?

It has to be done at least a day before. My wife will do hers 3 weeks before the interview. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Anybody called NVC and ask if Juarez is still scheduling. 

I called today and the lady said yes

and yesterday I called the guy said they were done. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.