rbzdjyummy

10 year residency, Relationship timeline and List of relatives in US

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi guys,

So when I get my 10 year residency, Relationship timeline and my SO List of relatives in US notarized.  Will I have to send her the originals or will copies be fine? Also, I don't have a birth certificate but I do have a notarization cert.  Will that be fine to use?

Thanks Yum 

CR1 NEBRASKA

I-130 SENT-3/26/18

I-130 RECEIVED-3/28/18

NOA1-4/2/18

NOA2-1/26/19

RECEIVED NOA2 IN MAIL-2/2/19

NVC RECEIVED PETITION-2/12/19

RECEIVED CASE AND INVOICE # FROM NVC-3/20/19

SUMMITED ALL DOCUMENTS-3/30/19

CASE COMPLETE-4/12/19

INTERVIEW LETTER-4/20/19

INTERVIEW-5/23/19 (Did not get Approved)

Second Interview-7/12/19 (Approved)

event.png

event.png

yum 006.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Are you the US citizen?  I'm not sure what the notarization certificate is, but if you are a US citizen, your passport can be used instead of the birth certificate.  If you have used the document you have as proof of your place and date of birth to receive a passport, social security card, etc., then it should be accepted for the visa as well.

We didn't have any documents notarized for our 129F application, including the 10-year residence list, relationship timeline, and listing of U.S. relatives.  Since we will both be at the interview, there was no reason to have those signatures notarized.  We can simply sign them again in front of the CO if they insist.

I think the only items notarized for the interview will be two letters from my father and sister expressing their support for our engagement and future marriage.  They were notarized because they will not be at the embassy to attest that the signatures are authentic.

Good luck - Jason

Timeline
1 hour ago, JasonGG said:

Are you the US citizen?  I'm not sure what the notarization certificate is, but if you are a US citizen, your passport can be used instead of the birth certificate.  If you have used the document you have as proof of your place and date of birth to receive a passport, social security card, etc., then it should be accepted for the visa as well.

We didn't have any documents notarized for our 129F application, including the 10-year residence list, relationship timeline, and listing of U.S. relatives.  Since we will both be at the interview, there was no reason to have those signatures notarized.  We can simply sign them again in front of the CO if they insist.

I think the only items notarized for the interview will be two letters from my father and sister expressing their support for our engagement and future marriage.  They were notarized because they will not be at the embassy to attest that the signatures are authentic.

Good luck - Jason

Jason,

I am a USC and I meant I have a naturalization certificate.  I don't think I will be at her interview because of my job but at this point I'm not sure what I want to do yet when the interview rolls around. And if I'm not there at the interview, will a copy of my passport do? As for the 10-year residence list, relationship timeline, and listing of U.S. relatives. I just read somewhere that you needed to get those notarized but if I don't have to get those notarized, then that would be even better.

CR1 NEBRASKA

I-130 SENT-3/26/18

I-130 RECEIVED-3/28/18

NOA1-4/2/18

NOA2-1/26/19

CASE COMPLETE-4/12/19

INTERVIEW LETTER-4/20/19

event.png

event.png

yum 006.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
57 minutes ago, rbzdjyummy said:

Jason,

I am a USC and I meant I have a naturalization certificate.  I don't think I will be at her interview because of my job but at this point I'm not sure what I want to do yet when the interview rolls around. And if I'm not there at the interview, will a copy of my passport do? As for the 10-year residence list, relationship timeline, and listing of U.S. relatives. I just read somewhere that you needed to get those notarized but if I don't have to get those notarized, then that would be even better.

If you are not going to be at the interview, then you might want to have the documents you signed notarized.  I'm not sure about the naturalization certificate or photocopy of the passport.  For the K1 visa, the instructions specifically require a copy and original of the petitioner's birth certificate - "Copy and original birth certificates of the petitioner and each person listed on the application are required. In case you do not have the petitioner’s birth certificate, the officer will review the case and provide guidance at the interview."  In your case, that may mean a copy and original of the naturalization certificate . . . but definitely ask someone more knowledgeable than me. 

The U.S. Embassy in Vietnam does have a page to submit questions - https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/.  I sent a question several months ago and they responded in about a day.

Hopefully someone else can offer better advice.  Don't wait for "guidance at the interview" though.  Provide your wife with everything that you can so she can walk out of her interview with an approval.

Jason

Timeline
30 minutes ago, JasonGG said:

The U.S. Embassy in Vietnam does have a page to submit questions - https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/.  I sent a question several months ago and they responded in about a day.

Alright Jason, I will inquire about this.  Thank you so much.

CR1 NEBRASKA

I-130 SENT-3/26/18

I-130 RECEIVED-3/28/18

NOA1-4/2/18

NOA2-1/26/19

CASE COMPLETE-4/12/19

INTERVIEW LETTER-4/20/19

event.png

event.png

yum 006.JPG

Timeline

I wrote an email:

Hi,
I am a naturalized US citizen and I was born in Hong Kong but I don't have a Birth Certificate.
I know that for the CR1 interview, it asks for petitioner's Original birth certificate. What can I use in place of the birth certificate that I don't have?

This was the consulate's response to my email:

The beneficiary can bring any available documents to the interview.  The consular officer will review the entire application and provide further instructions, if necessary, at that time. 

CR1 NEBRASKA

I-130 SENT-3/26/18

I-130 RECEIVED-3/28/18

NOA1-4/2/18

NOA2-1/26/19

CASE COMPLETE-4/12/19

INTERVIEW LETTER-4/20/19

event.png

event.png

yum 006.JPG

Send a copy of your Naturalization Certificate, along with a copy of your passport, to your wife to submit at time of interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.