navj1699

NVC Response To Expedicious Processing

67 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
17 minutes ago, saida santana said:

La verdad, nisiquiera hemos intentado averiguar en el USCIS, pero no estara demas preguntar, lo mas malo que puede pasar es que nos digan que no.

Sí, incluso si hay un uno por ciento de posibilidades de ganar cuando no tienes nada que perder. Deberías intentarlo. Que Dios te bendiga.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, navj1699 said:

Que DIOS te bendiga a ti y tu familia, que todos les salga bien, creo que es lo que deseamos todos aqui, finalizar lo mas pronto posible nuestros papeles, si creo que la otra semana llamaremos a averiguar a ver que pasa.

Bottom line is that if you have a solid and valid reason for expediting according to the guidelines then you would be successful. You won’t share the reasons here, but clearly the embassy did not deem them worthy of expediting.

A senator writing a letter because you worked on his campaign is a political favor, again that’s not going to result in expediting. Senators/congressman involvement in immigration matters varies with the particular representative (parity depending on their own views of immigration) and partly on your case. If there appears to be some kind of irregular stalling in the process that no one in uscis seems able to help you with, they can help get things moving again. If it appears to be just the regular delays in processing, like this is, it won’t make a difference, but you don’t really have anything to lose by trying so no reason not to.

premium processing afaik is available on work related visas only. I guess the idea is that if companies need someone to start working earlier they can pay for that to happen, and that it doesn’t exist in immigration cases because it’s fundamentally unfair that one citizen can get preference over another for a government service just because they have more disposable income. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
4 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Bottom line is that if you have a solid and valid reason for expediting according to the guidelines then you would be successful. You won’t share the reasons here, but clearly the embassy did not deem them worthy of expediting.

A senator writing a letter because you worked on his campaign is a political favor, again that’s not going to result in expediting. Senators/congressman involvement in immigration matters varies with the particular representative (parity depending on their own views of immigration) and partly on your case. If there appears to be some kind of irregular stalling in the process that no one in uscis seems able to help you with, they can help get things moving again. If it appears to be just the regular delays in processing, like this is, it won’t make a difference, but you don’t really have anything to lose by trying so no reason not to.

premium processing afaik is available on work related visas only. I guess the idea is that if companies need someone to start working earlier they can pay for that to happen, and that it doesn’t exist in immigration cases because it’s fundamentally unfair that one citizen can get preference over another for a government service just because they have more disposable income. 

Thanks for response. 

I'd agree with you.

But for example in my case I have a real health and financial hardship where a child is involved as well. But NVC doesn't think it's a real problem. Then even though I don't have extra disposable income, I will do extra work to make up for express processing fee. I work too jobs and could still do some side jobs to make that happen if it was available. That's my opinion. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, JFH said:

Pregnancy isn't normally a reason for expedite. Your lifestyle choices or poor planning (whichever of the two is the reason for being pregnant whilst living in separate countries) is of no concern to USCIS, the department of state or the embassies. Why should couples who choose to wait until they are settled before having children, couples who cannot have children, couples who choose not to have any children or couples who are too old to have children have to wait longer because others have made a lifestyle choice or planned things poorly? The same applies to children living apart from their parents - that's the choice you have made. 

No no one is suggesting anyone should "suffer". We are suggesting we should all be treated the same way. I have personal knowledge of a case that was expedited. In that case, the petitioner was awaiting a liver transplant and didn't have long to live. So that is the kind of situation that gets an expedite approved. If you feel you are in an equally serious situation, by all means request an expedite. Note that a favorable decision will normally only be provided where the health or wellbeing of the USC is at stake - the US government has no responsibility or need to grant a privilege to a non-citizen due to illness. 

I did not write this but my wife did. And once i read this I realize how rude you are. Not only to my wife but to other people who simply just post to ask questions for help. I hope that you can find a life better than getting on here and making people feel bad for asking a question. There isnt anything wrong with asking what all options there are. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

shooting the messenger seems to happen a lot on VJ I've noticed.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mrmvkjts said:

There also isn‘t anything wrong with giving the correct and true answers to these questions and especially there is nothing rude about it.

If people don‘t like an answer to their question just because it doesn‘t give them what they wanted doesn‘t mean it was rude

I‘m sure everyone on here is just trying to help.

to OP: since you‘re not telling anything about your reason for expedite (which is absolutely fine to keep private) nobody can‘t tell you what to do .

But since it‘s already denied I would suggest to wait in line like everyone else because that‘s the only thing you can do

Denied what? We didn´t do anything. So we should read well. The truth is fine. But people shouldnt make people feel less than. Thats my point. I dont see anything wrong with my wifes question to be disrespected on a website that is supposed to find support. But it seems the whole batch of apples on here has rotted so thanks for all of the help

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Going through said:

shooting the messenger seems to happen a lot on VJ I've noticed.

I am pretty sure we are not shooting anyone. Just telling the truth like everyone on here is claiming to do

Timeline
8 minutes ago, JFH said:

I'm sorry you can't tell the difference between rudeness and not hearing the answer you wanted. That's what happens when you post on a public forum. You will hear answers that don't match what you wanted to hear. Most of us just accept that life is never fair and deal with it. Hey - that's a good lesson to teach your kids too!

What do you want me to do? Lie to you and tell you "oh yes, absolutely your case will be expedited due to pregnancy!". The truth is sometimes not what we want to hear. Doesn't mean it's rude or wrong. I don't make the rules for expedites - don't shoot the messenger. Better you find out here that it's not going to happen then you pin your hopes on a positive response from the government in vain. 

And what you should do is strive to help people. Use this website for what it was designed for. There should be able to come together and provide support becuase we all have experienced what its like during the process. You are being rude. Both of your replies were rude. And thats an obvious truth that anyone with an unbiased point of view would agree on. But maybe the one who cant handle the truth is you. Well you guys enjoy your life on visa journey. We have better things to do

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, saida santana said:

Denied what? We didn´t do anything. So we should read well. The truth is fine. But people shouldnt make people feel less than. Thats my point. I dont see anything wrong with my wifes question to be disrespected on a website that is supposed to find support. But it seems the whole batch of apples on here has rotted so thanks for all of the help

Well since you‘re not the OP, nothing of yours got denied as far as I know!

I just don‘t agree with your wifes/ your comment stating that nobody gave support and everyone was just rude when it‘s not true!

they gave honest and real answers to what was being asked. if one doesn‘t like the truth, too bad!

Edited by mrmvkjts

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.