navj1699

NVC Response To Expedicious Processing

67 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, navj1699 said:

Can I reach out to a senator ? 

I helped someone through campaigning, They might write a letter for us.

If they do, Is there any chance NVC might accept expedite ? 

YOu can and many do

go to Senator's office and sign the paper to allow him to know about the case/ if you do google your name a few weeks after and see that now HOmeland Security is on the case / all the Senator can do is get the same responses you have received ( exact same wording)

You are at the NVC stage

Senator really can't speed it up or change the outcome

Get your case number,  prepare the needed documents for NVC as fast as possible and for your interview date as we all have had to do

BTW illlness,    money issues,  and being apart are not accepted as needing expediate  this is one of the hardest things to get from immigation

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We all want to be with our spouses! It takes a lot to endure this wait. We just have to have patience. I’m sure the USCIS is trying to be fair to everyone. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mrgunnar said:

We all want to be with our spouses! It takes a lot to endure this wait. We just have to have patience. I’m sure the USCIS is trying to be fair to everyone. 

Thank you for response. 

I'd understand there are too many applications and govt is trying to be fair.

Think about H1B or L1 express processing. 

Why don't govt offer express processing at a premium price for people who want to process it faster no matter if it takes money to do that!

Govt can hire more people to acomodate workload and people who wouldn't pay can still get unaffected general processing timeline and those who want to put everything on stake just to be with their better half can get it faster.

Paper processing is one of the major reasons why it takes so much time. 

Here's why ;

1. I've sent the case to uscis on 12th March 2017 but they didn't get to create a case before 30 march.

2. They approved our case on 3rd Feb but didn't receive the notification until 14th.

3. They sent it to nvc on 43th and nvc didn't receive it until 24 Feb. They didn't create a case number until now (25 March).

Because they don't have a fully electronic or hybrid information exchange system it takes so much time to exchange paper work.

I am not a self driven ignorant. This is real pain for everyone.

And if anyone snaps at me saying everyone did go through this, what makes you think you special, then I'm not sorry I need to say if something wasn't right before doesn't mean it has to stay like that.

Peace again to all.

Timeline

Thank you 

42 minutes ago, kris&me said:

YOu can and many do

go to Senator's office and sign the paper to allow him to know about the case/ if you do google your name a few weeks after and see that now HOmeland Security is on the case / all the Senator can do is get the same responses you have received ( exact same wording)

You are at the NVC stage

Senator really can't speed it up or change the outcome

Get your case number,  prepare the needed documents for NVC as fast as possible and for your interview date as we all have had to do

BTW illlness,    money issues,  and being apart are not accepted as needing expediate  this is one of the hardest things to get from immigation

Thank you for response.

We have a very complicated situation. Which can be described as health and financial problem at the same time. 

Irony is when you ask uscis or nvc on what ground one can get Expedicious Processing, they mention these two as well. So I find it cruel to not let two humans to live with their chosen partners and kids be with their parent.

I know people can give logical arguments that will prove timeline is fine. 

But I think if a human is suffering, then rule has to be improvised! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I don't understand why some people that THEY should be placed ahead of thousands and thousands and thousands  of other people who have been waiting longer than them. Maybe I seem insensitive, but none of us have enjoyed the difficulties and the waiting required to bring our loved ones to the US.  I think expedited processing should be reserved for only the very bleakest situations.....just my opinion.

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, missileman said:

I don't understand why some people that THEY should be placed ahead of thousands and thousands and thousands  of other people who have been waiting longer than them. Maybe I seem insensitive, but none of us have enjoyed the difficulties and the waiting required to bring our loved ones to the US.  I think expedited processing should be reserved for only the very bleakest situations.

There you go again!! 

So you saying if you didn't get treatment faster at the ER, No one else should even ask for it  ?????

It satisfy you to see someone else suffer too like you did!

Are you kidding me  ?

This is so inhuman! 

I would pray no-one should go through what I have been. I hope everyone gets it real fast including you mister "maybe insensitive"!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, navj1699 said:

There you go again!! 

So you saying if you didn't get treatment faster at the ER, No one else should even ask for it  ?????

It satisfy you to see someone else suffer too like you did!

Are you kidding me  ?

This is so inhuman! 

I would pray no-one should go through what I have been. I hope everyone gets it real fast including you mister "maybe insensitive"!

I didn't say that at all. I think we are all in the same boat at USCIS and NVC.  I believe that expedites should be approved only for extreme cases. 

EDIT:  This process is not pleasant for anyone I know.  It would be nice if everyone could finish this quickly, but that isn't reality.  therefore, we all must respect each others efforts and time while allowing those in very serious need help.  If you or anyone else fits that category, I have no problem seeing those cases expedited.

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 hours ago, JFH said:

No enviaron su caso a la embajada en India. Lo que enviaron fue su solicitud de un trámite acelerado. La embajada decide si un caso puede acelerarse o no. Entonces el CNV le preguntó a la embajada pero la embajada, como se esperaba, dijo que no. Estar molesto por estar separado de su cónyuge no es una razón para agilizar. Si lo fuera, ¡todos seríamos agilizados! 

Todavía no han generado su  número de NVC . La respuesta es muy clara. Dice que una vez que tenga su número de caso y haya realizado todos los pasos necesarios, estará en línea para una entrevista. Esa es la manera normal y no diferente de cualquier otra persona. 

No entiendo lo que quiere decir con ser "atornillado por retrasos debido a las reglas del gobierno". Todos pasamos o pasamos por el mismo proceso. Todos pasamos o estamos pasando por la separación de nuestros cónyuges. ¿Qué te hace pensar que debes ser tratado de manera diferente? 

Tengo una pregunta, estoy en colombia y mi esposo ya coloco los papeles por mi hijo y yo, pero USCIS aun  no ha dado respuesta de nada, quiero saber si el hecho que ahora yo me encuentre embarazada puede ayudar a agilizar el tramite o sigue Todo igual, gracias por sus respuestas, y no es para que me vayan a contestar de una manera grosera, solo con decir si o no es suficiente, creo que aqui todos queremos terminar rapido el tema de los papeles nada mas.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, saida santana said:

Tengo una pregunta, estoy en colombia y mi esposo ya coloco los papeles por mi hijo y yo, pero USCIS aun  no ha dado respuesta de nada, quiero saber si el hecho que ahora yo me encuentre embarazada puede ayudar a agilizar el tramite o sigue Todo igual, gracias por sus respuestas, y no es para que me vayan a contestar de una manera grosera, solo con decir si o no es suficiente, creo que aqui todos queremos terminar rapido el tema de los papeles nada mas.

Pregnancy is not a reason to expedite per USCIS web site.  This question comes up often.

Timeline
1 minute ago, missileman said:

El embarazo no es una razón para agilizar según el sitio web de USCIS. Esta pregunta surge a menudo.

Gracias, tenia esa duda.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, missileman said:

I didn't say that at all. I think we are all in the same boat at USCIS and NVC.  I believe that expedites should be approved only for extreme cases. 

EDIT:  This process is not pleasant for anyone I know.  It would be nice if everyone could finish this quickly, but that isn't reality.  therefore, we all must respect each others efforts and time while allowing those in very serious need help.  If you or anyone else fits that category, I have no problem seeing those cases expedited.

Nobody asked for personal opinion about who should or not. 

But you making the a different but amazing point! 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, saida santana said:

No soy un experto, pero intentarlo no daña tu caso.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, navj1699 said:

La verdad, nisiquiera hemos intentado averiguar en el USCIS, pero no estara demas preguntar, lo mas malo que puede pasar es que nos digan que no.

Timeline

A lot of people have asked if pregnancy is cause for expedite, but I haven't seen anyone approved.  Of course, if there is a serious pregnancy related condition, that is another story.....but like you said, the worst case is they say "no".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.