Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, costa85 said:

Congrats!  You applied in March 2019, right? 

Is Seattle your local field office but you were called in for interview at the Portland Office?  If so, very surprising because we have people waiting for interview since April 2018.

OR

Is Portland your local field office?

Yes March 2019! :)

Oh sorry, Portland is my local field office. I just wanted to let the other person asking about same day oath Ceremony know what happened to me in Portland. But yeah I was a Portland filer not Seattle :( 

Edited by Lizzy90

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
On 6/22/2019 at 1:17 PM, PK_ said:

@Mari26 What's your estimated case completion time now?

It hasn't changed @PK_

Naturalization Journey: 

- January 25th, 2019 - Filed N400 form online [Seattle,WA office]

- January 25th, 2019 - NOA1

- January 26th, 2019 - Priority Date

- February 2nd, 2019 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

- February 20th, 2019 - Biometrics appointment

- June 7th, 2019 - Case Transfered [somewhere] Estimated completition time Dec 2019 (4 months) 

** July 24th, 2019 - Checked websites Estimated completition time Aug 2019 [???] (1 month) 

- August 29th, 2019 - Interview Scheduled! [October 7th, 2019 in Portland, OR]

- October 7th, 2019 - Interview [Approved!] Scheduled for same day Oath which was later cancelled... 

- October 25th, 2019 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

- November 6th, 2019 - Oath Ceremony [in Portland, OR]

Perplexed to see the new numbers (Jan - Mar) posted by USCIS for Seattle.  

Non-Military Naturalization Applications data

Oct - Dec 2018
-----------------------

Filed: 4,195
Approved:  4,827
Rejected: 233
Pending:  20,599

Jan - Mar 2019:
-------------------------

Filed: 4049
Approved: 1,575
Rejected: 445
Pending: 22,673

I'm really hoping the decrease in approvals is because of the new load-sharing strategy b/w local offices.  Did not notice that for the other offices.  Links for your reference:

Oct - Dec link

Jan - Mar link

Came across this link today: http://www.brandongillin.com/news--blog/some-naturalization-interviews-in-seattle-moving-away

It was reported by a spokesperson from the USCIS Seattle Field Office yesterday that effective immediately, Naturalization applicants living south of Seattle and on the Olympic Peninsula will have to go to the USCIS Field Office in Portland, Oregon for their Naturalization interviews. Applicants living east of Seattle will have to go to the USCIS Field Office in Yakima, Washington.

This information, obtained by a colleague of mine with AILA-WA, shared the reasons given by USCIS for this change:

-          Due to increased processing times of Natz cases in Seattle office  there has been a national decision to shift pending N-400 applications to other USCIS offices close by;

-          Pending applications with address "South of Seattle proper" (including Auburn, Des Moines, Federal Way and south from there) will be interviewed and adjudicated in Portland (he wasn't sure about Kent and Renton);

-          Pending applications with address "East of Seattle proper" (including Bellevue, Issaquah and east from there) will be interviewed and adjudicated in Yakima;

-          This is a temporary measure and the end date is TBD;

-          All biometrics appointment appointments will still take place in Seattle;

-          First notices to come in the next 45 days with first interviews in late July - early August;

-          Reschedule requests will have to be directed to the offices at which the interview was to take place.

48 minutes ago, charna said:

I have been scheduled for interview at Yakima on Aug 2nd. Does anyone know if there are same day oath ceremonies scheduled at the Yakima center?

Hopefully someone can share their experience.  I see one recent entry from 2018 here (Immigration timelines section) that shows same day Oath in Yakima.

Can you share which city you are in, so we can determine which cities are being redirected to the Yakima office?

It's been 2 months now and no RFE has been generated yet :(

It feels so wrong to have to wait 14 months to get an interview and then 2 months, possibly even 4 months of nothing. Just radio silence.

According to them hey have 120 to reply after the interview which is ridicules, I  F***ing guarantee you they would do it in less than a week if it was a bill they are collecting from me.

I pay my f***ing taxes muda sukas

Edited by SqueakyBed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
On 7/5/2019 at 12:40 PM, SqueakyBed said:

It's been 2 months now and no RFE has been generated yet :(

It feels so wrong to have to wait 14 months to get an interview and then 2 months, possibly even 4 months of nothing. Just radio silence.

According to them hey have 120 to reply after the interview which is ridicules, I  F***ing guarantee you they would do it in less than a week if it was a bill they are collecting from me.

I pay my f***ing taxes muda sukas

@SqueakyBed LOL,
You made my day with your update...

We're all on the same boat here. waiting for 15 months for interview and then 2 months and counting to get a freaking decision. I mean for the cases like ours, don't they wanna clear their to do list and get them over with, instead of keeping everyone's files on hold? SMH.

On 6/27/2019 at 7:43 PM, Lizzy90 said:

Yes March 2019! :)

Oh sorry, Portland is my local field office. I just wanted to let the other person asking about same day oath Ceremony know what happened to me in Portland. But yeah I was a Portland filer not Seattle :( 

Hi, do you mind sharing how the interview in Portland Oregon went? I'll love to hear cos my friend has just been scheduled to go for her interview in Portland, OR from Seattle.

Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.