Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
18 hours ago, SqueakyBed said:

It's been a 47 days and I am still waiting for them to issue my Request For Evidence.

I know they want the tax transcripts but I can't send them because I am waiting on them to issue the request 😡

Like why does it take months for them to click a few buttons on the keyboard and send me the damn request :(

I had my interview on May 1, no decision but the officer told me that I should hear from them shortly. 

Last week, I contacted USCIS through the online portal, and got an email the next day that they are still waiting for me to provide my evidence document that they requested from me during the interview (This never happened)

I called the USCIS yesterday, got put on 60 mins hold, then when the agent answered hung up. So I called again, waited for 40 mins and finally got to speak to an agent who checked my profile and was surprised. She said that the interviewing officer didn't do anything on May 1 and she didn't even issue a request for evidence. The agent was very kind and told me that the officer should have at least updated my file during the interview, but that would trigger a clock for them so I am assuming that's why she didnt do anything. The agent asked me to call and talk to a tier 2. Called today, waited for 40 mins talked to an agent and asked to be transferred to a tier 2, the agent did and now I am on a 399 minutes callback wait...the frustration continues, this is a nightmare that I cannot wait for it to be over. 

So to answer your question on why it takes forever to click a button, it's inefficiency and low caliber employment. 

19 minutes ago, AHG said:

I had my interview on May 1, no decision but the officer told me that I should hear from them shortly. 

Last week, I contacted USCIS through the online portal, and got an email the next day that they are still waiting for me to provide my evidence document that they requested from me during the interview (This never happened)

I called the USCIS yesterday, got put on 60 mins hold, then when the agent answered hung up. So I called again, waited for 40 mins and finally got to speak to an agent who checked my profile and was surprised. She said that the interviewing officer didn't do anything on May 1 and she didn't even issue a request for evidence. The agent was very kind and told me that the officer should have at least updated my file during the interview, but that would trigger a clock for them so I am assuming that's why she didnt do anything. The agent asked me to call and talk to a tier 2. Called today, waited for 40 mins talked to an agent and asked to be transferred to a tier 2, the agent did and now I am on a 399 minutes callback wait...the frustration continues, this is a nightmare that I cannot wait for it to be over. 

So to answer your question on why it takes forever to click a button, it's inefficiency and low caliber employment. 

I was just on the phone too lol
I went through the same you described like 4 times already trying to get an answer but it's always a dead end over the phone. 
I am waiting for a call back too but my wait time is ~200 minutes according to the automated system.

Btw the officer at the time of the interview told me that I would get the RFE within 14 days and that he would see my reply immediately when I send the tax transcripts. Which was all lies obviously because it's been 43 days and he didn't even send the RFE to begin with.

19 minutes ago, SqueakyBed said:

Btw the officer at the time of the interview told me that I would get the RFE within 14 days and that he would see my reply immediately when I send the tax transcripts. Which was all lies obviously because it's been 43 days and he didn't even send the RFE to begin with.

Sorry for being dense here - do we need to bring Tax returns to the interview?   

10 minutes ago, barryesb said:

Sorry for being dense here - do we need to bring Tax returns to the interview?   

Yes, I brought mine with me since they were part of the N-400 application when submitted and I was stupid enough to only bring 2014, 15, 16 and not the 2017 and 2018 ones and that delayed my application 2 months already (and counting).

image.thumb.png.a63cef52778e668aa53da9b5453c36eb.png

Timeline
27 minutes ago, SqueakyBed said:

Yes, I brought mine with me since they were part of the N-400 application when submitted and I was stupid enough to only bring 2014, 15, 16 and not the 2017 and 2018 ones and that delayed my application 2 months already (and counting).

image.thumb.png.a63cef52778e668aa53da9b5453c36eb.png

Just got off the phone with the tier 2 officer,

He told me that there's nothing he can do from his side...all I can do is wait, if they need documents they will send them over and if they don't, then they wont ask for them...(Very informative, I know)

I asked him, why would they tell me they are waiting for evidence if they're not...And if they're not waiting for evidence, what are they waiting for to make a decision? his response was that this is all with the IO, and all I need to do is wait. 

2 hours ago, AHG said:

Just got off the phone with the tier 2 officer,

He told me that there's nothing he can do from his side...all I can do is wait, if they need documents they will send them over and if they don't, then they wont ask for them...(Very informative, I know)

I asked him, why would they tell me they are waiting for evidence if they're not...And if they're not waiting for evidence, what are they waiting for to make a decision? his response was that this is all with the IO, and all I need to do is wait. 

Just got off the phone too. I was told that the REF has to go to a higher ranking officer for review and that officer will decided if the RFE necessary or not. And that they have up to 120 to take action on my case from the date of the interview which sucks major ba**s.
Basically the same answer I got every time. Just wait... Your case is being handled by an officer and you should hear from us soon 😐

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SqueakyBed said:

Just got off the phone too. I was told that the REF has to go to a higher ranking officer for review and that officer will decided if the RFE necessary or not. And that they have up to 120 to take action on my case from the date of the interview which sucks major ba**s.
Basically the same answer I got every time. Just wait... Your case is being handled by an officer and you should hear from us soon 😐

I called my lawyer and she is telling me that one of her cases, with an interview date of September 2018 and resulted in no decision can be made just got approved last week. So she told me it's a matter of luck now. 

The case can be approved in few days, or can last months. Hopefully, we hear something from them soon.

For the experts in infopass on this thread, does it really makes a difference if the case has been pending for less than 120 days after the interview? What happens during the infopass, do you meet an actual USCIS officer? and if so, are they eligible to deny or approve a case?

On 6/13/2019 at 2:10 PM, jamira said:

So, my interview will be on July 23rd..

And it will be in Portland. Looks like they are serious about transferring other applications..

I wonder if Portland has same day oath?

I had my interview June 19th in Portland and they let me attend the oath ceremony the same day at 1:30pm. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Lizzy90 said:

I had my interview June 19th in Portland and they let me attend the oath ceremony the same day at 1:30pm. 

That's awesome. Congratulations! 😊

1 hour ago, Lizzy90 said:

I applied in March :) 

Congrats!  You applied in March 2019, right? 

Is Seattle your local field office but you were called in for interview at the Portland Office?  If so, very surprising because we have people waiting for interview since April 2018.

OR

Is Portland your local field office?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.