Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am so frustrated with all of this de-schedule situation. They have not yet rescheduled me. Do you guys have any suggestions what I should do? 

I129F sent : 20/12/2013

I129f received: 26/1/2013

NOA1 notification: 01/01/2014 heart.gifheart.gif

Alien registration number changed :03/01/2014

NOA2 notification: 04/02/2014

Case number: 14/02/2014heart.gifheart.gif

Embassy recieved: 19/02/2014

Fee paid: 26/02/2014

P3 recieved: 03/03/2014

P3 sent: 04/03/2014

Interview day : 07/05/2014goofy.gifgoofy.gif

On 4/3/2019 at 2:40 PM, CLWA said:

Mail it. She said she didn't see anything wrong with my case, so everything should go smoothly.

Does this mean that same-day oaths are never available for ROC and N400 combo interviews?  I understand why that would be the case but it's a little disappointing.  My husband filed N400 on 2/11/18 and has his combo interview coming up on 4/24 early in the morning, so we were hoping to get this all wrapped up in one day!  We do have international travel coming up, does that impact how quickly the oath ceremony is scheduled if not same day?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline
1 hour ago, cellyn said:

Does this mean that same-day oaths are never available for ROC and N400 combo interviews?  I understand why that would be the case but it's a little disappointing.  My husband filed N400 on 2/11/18 and has his combo interview coming up on 4/24 early in the morning, so we were hoping to get this all wrapped up in one day!  We do have international travel coming up, does that impact how quickly the oath ceremony is scheduled if not same day?

I am not sure if all of them go like this, but she made it seem like that. She only gave me those 2 options, and I don't know until when they will be cramming people into the May 3rd Oath ceremony, or if that's a place you're willing to go since it's in Tacoma.

You're just gonna have to ask the officer about your travel plans. I don't think you'll be able to get your passport that fast anyway, or even if you're allowed to travel with your foreign passport in the US still?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

@cellyn I just received an email from USCIS that everything was approved and that a notice was sent with the time and place of my oath ceremony, so it looks like it was still approved very quickly. I dunno how far they schedule them if you choose the 2-6 week option, though.

Your Case Status: Oath Ceremony 

We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXX. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Congratulation to all new US Citizens, can anyone who already had interview and ever asked interview officer whether Seattle field still in huge backlogs in 2019? Thank you in advanced. It’s seems they moving very slow .

15 minutes ago, kylat4n said:

Congratulation to all new US Citizens, can anyone who already had interview and ever asked interview officer whether Seattle field still in huge backlogs in 2019? Thank you in advanced. It’s seems they moving very slow .

Looking at the dates being called for interviews, it's clear there is a terrible backlog. I didn't bother asking the officer.

11 minutes ago, CLWA said:

In Washington D.C., it can take up to sixteen months; in New York City twenty-one months; Atlanta twenty-two months.” 

Wow... so we are “lucky” here in Seattle. Gosh 22 months would be a nightmare.

*My sister and mother in Chicago took only  6-8 months... so that’s one large city that’s semi unaffected, although it probably used to take less time to complete the process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
On 4/5/2019 at 11:16 AM, Ck207 said:

I am so frustrated with all of this de-schedule situation. They have not yet rescheduled me. Do you guys have any suggestions what I should do? 

Can't believe you haven't still been rescheduled yet, they normally do so a few weeks after the initial date was cancelled. Again we're dealing with one of the worse federal agencies in this country with their uncertainties so nothing is set on stone with them. Try sending a message through the portal in your account to see if an officer can relay a message about your case or you can equally try calling as well. It's been 5 weeks post interview at my end and my cases are still moot with radio silence. I've done all the best I could to nudge them with info pass, congressional inquiry and 2 online case status inquiries. The only thing left is sending a personal letter to the officer who did my interview, which I'll do on the 17th when I go to request another I-551 since I'll be traveling to the UK again next month and my current stamp expires May 17th. I have decided to start my visa application as I can't confidently rely on them again. At this point I've given up since by law they have up to 120 days post interview to make their final decision so my hands are basically tied as of now. Once that elapses on June 27th and still no update I'll be visiting them to see a supervisor to serve him/her my preliminary writ of mandamus lawsuit against USCIS to get my case out of their hands to be adjudicated in district court as required by law. This is the part they fear the most like a ghost and will jump to adjudicate your case like there's no tomorrow to avoid it.

Edited by Starkilla09

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 4/6/2019 at 2:08 PM, Starkilla09 said:

Can't believe you haven't still been rescheduled yet, they normally do so a few weeks after the initial date was cancelled. Again we're dealing with one of the worse federal agencies in this country with their uncertainties so nothing is set on stone with them. Try sending a message through the portal in your account to see if an officer can relay a message about your case or you can equally try calling as well. It's been 5 weeks post interview at my end and my cases are still moot with radio silence. I've done all the best I could to nudge them with info pass, congressional inquiry and 2 online case status inquiries. The only thing left is sending a personal letter to the officer who did my interview, which I'll do on the 17th when I go to request another I-551 since I'll be traveling to the UK again next month and my current stamp expires May 17th. I have decided to start my visa application as I can't confidently rely on them again. At this point I've given up since by law they have up to 120 days post interview to make their final decision so my hands are basically tied as of now. Once that elapses on June 27th and still no update I'll be visiting them to see a supervisor to serve him/her my preliminary writ of mandamus lawsuit against USCIS to get my case out of their hands to be adjudicated in district court as required by law. This is the part they fear the most like a ghost and will jump to adjudicate your case like there's no tomorrow to avoid it.

I can’t believe this either. I meant it only has been 2 weeks but I feel like forever. I am going to the infopass on The 15th that will mark a month. 

I can’t believe they still have not yet scheduled your oath ceremony. What is the hold up? You are right, they usually scare when it come to civilian suing the institution. I hope it won’t have to come to that point for you. Have you tried the emergency number?

I129F sent : 20/12/2013

I129f received: 26/1/2013

NOA1 notification: 01/01/2014 heart.gifheart.gif

Alien registration number changed :03/01/2014

NOA2 notification: 04/02/2014

Case number: 14/02/2014heart.gifheart.gif

Embassy recieved: 19/02/2014

Fee paid: 26/02/2014

P3 recieved: 03/03/2014

P3 sent: 04/03/2014

Interview day : 07/05/2014goofy.gifgoofy.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
On 4/5/2019 at 5:32 PM, CLWA said:

@cellyn I just received an email from USCIS that everything was approved and that a notice was sent with the time and place of my oath ceremony, so it looks like it was still approved very quickly. I dunno how far they schedule them if you choose the 2-6 week option, though.

Congrats, I am glad that things moved fast for you. Hopefully the rest would have the same luck.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ck207 said:

I can’t believe this either. I meant it only has been 2 weeks but I feel like forever. I am going to the infopass on The 15th that will mark a month. 

I can’t believe they still have not yet scheduled your oath ceremony. What is the hold up? You are right, they usually scare when it come to civilian suing the institution. I hope it won’t have to come to that point for you. Have you tried the emergency number?

@ck207 do you have a lawyer helping you with your case? If not, it might be a good idea to have a lawyer look into this. I totally agree that it hasn't been that long, but obviously something needs to happen. 

@Starkilla09 what did the officer say when you finished your interview? was there any additional inquiries/documentation needed?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
22 minutes ago, AHG said:

@ck207 do you have a lawyer helping you with your case? If not, it might be a good idea to have a lawyer look into this. I totally agree that it hasn't been that long, but obviously something needs to happen. 

@Starkilla09 what did the officer say when you finished your interview? was there any additional inquiries/documentation needed?

N-400 was recommended for approval and he told me congratulations. He even said I'd missed the mark or else I could've done same oath that day since my interview was at 1:30pm. I was given the form N-652 print out with the both options ticked indicating I've passed the English and U.S. history and government tests and application has been recommended for approval. As for my I-751 officer said he was going to approve the very next day in the morning since he had to use a different system to do so. My guess is he didn't approve the next day as promised and now my case is stuck in purgatory on someone's desk since there's a mechanism in place to prevent oath ceremonies from being scheduled unless the I-751 has been approved. I brought my spouse and our son and also had a giant folder of new evidence spanning for almost 2 years since I sent I-751 as well. Officer said I already sent more than enough and took only the most recent tax transcripts for 2018 and 2017 and said he didn't need to interview my wife. I asked if he wanted more since I already had them but he insisted he's good with what I had sent already ( which was also quite a lot though). Since then no action on either cases and status updates still reflect case was transferred for my I-751 and interview was scheduled for N-400.

Edited by Starkilla09

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Starkilla09 said:

N-400 was recommended for approval and he told me congratulations. He even said I'd missed the mark or else I could've done same oath that day since my interview was at 1:30pm. I was given the form N-652 print out with the both options ticked indicating I've passed the English and U.S. history and government tests and application has been recommended for approval. As for my I-751 officer said he was going to approve the very next day in the morning since he had to use a different system to do so. My guess is he didn't approve the next day as promised and now my case is stuck in purgatory on someone's desk since there's a mechanism in place to prevent oath ceremonies from being scheduled unless the I-751 has been approved. I brought my spouse and our son and also had a giant folder of new evidence spanning for almost 2 years since I sent I-751 as well. Officer said I already sent more than enough and took only the most recent tax transcripts for 2018 and 2017 and said he didn't need to interview my wife. I asked if he wanted more since I already had them but he insisted he's good with what I had sent already ( which was also quite a lot though). Since then no action on either cases and status updates still reflect case was transferred for my I-751 and interview was scheduled for N-400.

Based on you and CK207's experiences, it seems the issues are arising from the I757 and not the N400. 

I think you should definitely start a case with them  regarding your file, I mean waiting for an interview is different from going to the interview and waiting for next steps. These should not take this much time. 
I think you should both lawyer up and see what can be done. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.