Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Starkilla09 said:

Based on the time your interview is scheduled there's no way you'll do a same day oath. It will have to be scheduled later and the day is normally several weeks after the initial interview day. All this is also assuming you'll be immediately recommended for approval as well on the day of your interview and any post interview reviews are done in a timely manner. Even if everything plays out perfectly it will be several weeks before you can take you oath of allegiance to finalize your process. For the meantime though you're still a permanent resident and can travel with your green card and passport. Try to keep your trip short though so you have ample time to get back and complete your swearing in if not you'll have to reschedule.

Thank you so much. You answered all of my questions. Now I am more clear about what to expect and what to do!

1 minute ago, Starkilla09 said:

I just did a Congressional inquiry with Congresswoman Jayapal. I'm ready to take this issue head on with USCIS and will keep mounting the pressure until they finish this stuff so I can move on with my life. Your rescheduling should happen in a few weeks, it's one of those things they can be a little consistent with for the most part.

Geez! ROC since 2016? that is way too long waiting. 

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail - END OF I-751 JOURNEY!

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12/18

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

02/28/19: In Line for Interview

03/01/19: Interview Date is on 04/08/19

04/08/19: Interview Day: Approved on the spot

04/09/19: We Scheduled your Oath Ceremony 

04/12/19: Oath Letter arrived in the mail

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

DS-11 - APPLICATION FOR US PASSPORT BOOK AND CARD

05/02/19: Submitted application thru USPS - Expedited
05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

05/11/19: Passport book received thru USPS Priority Mail

05/13/19: Passport card received

05/14/19: Naturalization Certificate back - END OF PASSPORT APPLICATION!

3 minutes ago, Starkilla09 said:

I just did a Congressional inquiry with Congresswoman Jayapal. I'm ready to take this issue head on with USCIS and will keep mounting the pressure until they finish this stuff so I can move on with my life. Your rescheduling should happen in a few weeks, it's one of those things they can be a little consistent with for the most part.

I'm so glad you are doing this.  I don't understand why Seattle can't get themselves together.  My sister and mom did their filings in chicago, and it took 5-7 months to be done.  Yet we sit here waiting for over a year!  And your case is mind boggling..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, Starkilla09 said:

I just did a Congressional inquiry with Congresswoman Jayapal. I'm ready to take this issue head on with USCIS and will keep mounting the pressure until they finish this stuff so I can move on with my life. I just figured out an October 2018 filer had same identical predicament as mine. After putting some heat he was finally scheduled after 3 weeks post interview. Your rescheduling should happen in a few weeks, it's one of those things they can be a little consistent with for the most part.

I really hope so. Will see but I do really hope it will be soon. 

I129F sent : 20/12/2013

I129f received: 26/1/2013

NOA1 notification: 01/01/2014 heart.gifheart.gif

Alien registration number changed :03/01/2014

NOA2 notification: 04/02/2014

Case number: 14/02/2014heart.gifheart.gif

Embassy recieved: 19/02/2014

Fee paid: 26/02/2014

P3 recieved: 03/03/2014

P3 sent: 04/03/2014

Interview day : 07/05/2014goofy.gifgoofy.gif

Timeline
52 minutes ago, AHG said:

@Ck207 @El79 @MarshaF

Sorry for the mass comm, but did all 3 of you file online or by mail?

Thanks.

I filed by mail then receive the online code. My application start with IOE 

On 3/26/2019 at 9:35 AM, Sara L said:

Hi 

I was wondering if I can get some of your thoughts on my situation :)

I filed my N400 via online in Feb, 2018, and just recieved a notice for interview on 4/23 @ 230 pm. However, i have a travel outside contry, leaving on 5/8, for two weeks. I have a close friend who did his interview last month, and had an oath ceremony the same day. Since my appt is at 2:30 pm, I dont think that will likely be my case. Thus, I think, it will be very tight or impossible for me to get my US passport before my travel.. I heard I can travel outside country with my greencard and current passport before I take the oath. I am not sure what is the best case for me. Anyone knows how long Seattle office take for the oath after the interview? If I just leave for my trip, and come back at 5/22, would I miss my ceremony? Do you think it is still possible for me to get us passport for my trip? I am confused, and I really need to travel..:( thank you for you advises in advance..

@Sara L - In some forums i have seen oath ceremony scheduled for the next day based on approval during the interview and seat availability in the next oath ceremony at the Seattle FO. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I just got an email that my application is processed and I should be getting a notice with the interview details...

I am extremely happy, I hope everyone receive their notices soon.

Now I'll wait and hope for the best. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AHG said:

I just got an email that my application is processed and I should be getting a notice with the interview details...

So happy for you. I hope you will get a smooth ride. Kepp us updated. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ck207 said:

So happy for you. I hope you will get a smooth ride. Kepp us updated. 

Thanks alot Ck207,
I will for sure keep you posted and best of luck to you too, hopefully they will get your new interview scheduled very soon. 

8 hours ago, AHG said:

@Ck207 @El79 @MarshaF

Sorry for the mass comm, but did all 3 of you file online or by mail?

Thanks.

I'm not sure.  My lawyer filed my application. Its IOE.

Timeline

Got the notification that my interview date is May 1 noon time. Hopefully I can get the same day oath.

Edited by AHG

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I have less than 4 months left for my "estimated" case completion time. I applied in June 2018, and they did my biometrics in July of 2018. My case started counting down in July 2018, so now it's showing 4 months left. I called the USCIS today to ask if this was correct, and the woman  I spoke to told me that it is currently a 17 to 21 month wait time, leaving me with at least 12 MORE months, not 4. She basically said that they're currently working on cases from 2017.

When I did my biometrics in 2018, several people working in there told me it would be about a year (meaning my case would be done in July of this year). I've seen people in Seattle that applied around the same time I did (maybe a few months earlier than I did) who already have their test/interview set up, and a few who have completed everything. I'm just wondering if the woman that I talked to today is wrong, as I said, I've seen people who applied early-mid 2018 (or some late 2017) that have interviews and oaths scheduled or completed. This woman today got me worried.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Zhivar said:

I have less than 4 months left for my "estimated" case completion time. I applied in June 2018, and they did my biometrics in July of 2018. My case started counting down in July 2018, so now it's showing 4 months left. I called the USCIS today to ask if this was correct, and the woman  I spoke to told me that it is currently a 17 to 21 month wait time, leaving me with at least 12 MORE months, not 4. She basically said that they're currently working on cases from 2017.

When I did my biometrics in 2018, several people working in there told me it would be about a year (meaning my case would be done in July of this year). I've seen people in Seattle that applied around the same time I did (maybe a few months earlier than I did) who already have their test/interview set up, and a few who have completed everything. I'm just wondering if the woman that I talked to today is wrong, as I said, I've seen people who applied early-mid 2018 (or some late 2017) that have interviews and oaths scheduled or completed. This woman today got me worried.

Based on my experience I can tell you that the estimated completion date was accurate. Although the processing time is saying 21 months, I got mine in 13 months. So just stay hopeful and most probably you will get your NOA by July of this year with an interview schedule in late August to mid September. It seems that they are moving through the backlog.

Best of luck.

On 3/27/2019 at 12:13 PM, AHG said:

Congratulation!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.