Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ck207 said:

Infopass is where you could make an appointment at the local office to ask question about your application.

i went to one this morning, they said it could be because of my i751 file is not at the office yet or could be they overbooked. In the system, they said, my i751 is being scheduled so I should get another appointment soon. 

Seattle officers in my opinion is incompetent 

Sorry about your unfortunate predicament hopefully they schedule you soon enough. Dealing with USCIS especially in this current environment with nationwide backlogs has shown how inept and messy this agency is indeed. Just when you think you've made one step forward they throw you 3 steps backwards. I had my joint I-751/N-400 interview late February with tons of evidence and was even there with my wife and our son. Officer recommended approval for N-400 told me I already submitted so much and didn't need any new paperwork and promised to approve I-751 next morning. I was ecstatic and left thinking I was finally done with these guys then nope silence up till now. Went for an info pass appointment last week and was told petitions are still under review so essentially no oath since they have to adjudicate my I-751 first. Info pass officer promised to send an email to the officer who interviewed me to about my case. Mind you my I-751 is now pending for 27 months! I filed in December 2016 for crying out loud and I should at least have my 10 year green card now, so I can even live my life and not happen to take my kid out of school and go there to get stamps every couple of months. I have an international trip coming up in May and I have to go there again to get my 5th I-551 stamp so I can travel! I'll also need to apply for visas just to be safe in case my oath ceremony isn't scheduled by then.

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, Starkilla09 said:

Sorry about your unfortunate predicament hopefully they schedule you soon enough. Dealing with USCIS especially in this current environment with nationwide backlogs has shown how inept and messy this agency is indeed. Just when you think you've made one step forward they throw you 3 steps backwards. I had my joint I-751/N-400 interview late February with tons of evidence and was even there with my wife and our son. Officer recommended approval for N-400 told me I already submitted so much and didn't need any new paperwork and promised to approve I-751 next morning. I was ecstatic and left thinking I was finally done with these guys then nope silence up till now. Went for an info pass appointment last week and was told petitions are still under review so essentially no oath since they have to adjudicate my I-751 first. Info pass officer promised to send an email to the officer who interviewed me to about my case. Mind you my I-751 is now pending for 27 months! I filed in December 2016 for crying out loud and I should at least have my 10 year green card now, so I can even live my life and not happen to take my kid out of school and go there to get stamps every couple of months. I have an international trip coming up in May and I have to go there again to get my 5th I-551 stamp so I can travel! I'll also need to apply for visas just to be safe in case my oath ceremony isn't scheduled by then.

OMG, I can't believe this happens to you. This is ridiculous, have you try to file a complain or ask them to expedite your process. There is apparently an emergency line for situations like interview cancelation, but also worth just to call and see what you could find out. Also, contact your congressman. Please read here https://forums.immigration.com/threads/citizenship-interview-canceled.260255/page-3. It is worth to give it a shot. 

I129F sent : 20/12/2013

I129f received: 26/1/2013

NOA1 notification: 01/01/2014 heart.gifheart.gif

Alien registration number changed :03/01/2014

NOA2 notification: 04/02/2014

Case number: 14/02/2014heart.gifheart.gif

Embassy recieved: 19/02/2014

Fee paid: 26/02/2014

P3 recieved: 03/03/2014

P3 sent: 04/03/2014

Interview day : 07/05/2014goofy.gifgoofy.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Ck207 said:

OMG, I can't believe this happens to you. This is ridiculous, have you try to file a complain or ask them to expedite your process. There is apparently an emergency line for situations like interview cancelation, but also worth just to call and see what you could find out. Also, contact your congressman. Please read here https://forums.immigration.com/threads/citizenship-interview-canceled.260255/page-3. It is worth to give it a shot. 

2 hours ago, Starkilla09 said:

I am sorry to hear that many people are suffering from this. I was expecting them to reach out today, but nothing yet.
I contacted my lawyer who confirmed that they have never been in such backlog before, unfortunately the Seattle office is taking forever not sure what the reasons are. Let's hope you both get your interviews re-aligned and things back to normal.

Please keep us posted with your updates.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Ck207 said:

The very first few days when I didn't hear anything I immediately sent did a case outside normal processing time request and was told to expect a reply by today the March 25th which as usual nothing. I also booked that info pass appointment as a second line of attack which I did attend on last week and was told my petitions are under review. I expressed my dissatisfaction because of the lengthy time my I-751 has been pending since 2016 first at California Service Center and later on at NBC after the transfer in May 2018 to be adjudicated together with this N-400. She said the best she will do is email the officer who did the interview and I don't even know if she even did it or not. I'll definitely call that number and also involve a congress person simultaneously. 

Removal of Conditions: 

Naturalization:

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
7 hours ago, Starkilla09 said:

The very first few days when I didn't hear anything I immediately sent did a case outside normal processing time request and was told to expect a reply by today the March 25th which as usual nothing. I also booked that info pass appointment as a second line of attack which I did attend on last week and was told my petitions are under review. I expressed my dissatisfaction because of the lengthy time my I-751 has been pending since 2016 first at California Service Center and later on at NBC after the transfer in May 2018 to be adjudicated together with this N-400. She said the best she will do is email the officer who did the interview and I don't even know if she even did it or not. I'll definitely call that number and also involve a congress person simultaneously. 

Please do it! Keep us updated. This is unacceptable what they did. I just submitted the out of processing timeline form for my i751. I should expect something on April 16. The person I talked to yesterday said I will be reschedule in a few weeks. Tbh, I don’t really trust what they said. I will keep pressing it

I129F sent : 20/12/2013

I129f received: 26/1/2013

NOA1 notification: 01/01/2014 heart.gifheart.gif

Alien registration number changed :03/01/2014

NOA2 notification: 04/02/2014

Case number: 14/02/2014heart.gifheart.gif

Embassy recieved: 19/02/2014

Fee paid: 26/02/2014

P3 recieved: 03/03/2014

P3 sent: 04/03/2014

Interview day : 07/05/2014goofy.gifgoofy.gif

Hi 

I was wondering if I can get some of your thoughts on my situation :)

I filed my N400 via online in Feb, 2018, and just recieved a notice for interview on 4/23 @ 230 pm. However, i have a travel outside contry, leaving on 5/8, for two weeks. I have a close friend who did his interview last month, and had an oath ceremony the same day. Since my appt is at 2:30 pm, I dont think that will likely be my case. Thus, I think, it will be very tight or impossible for me to get my US passport before my travel.. I heard I can travel outside country with my greencard and current passport before I take the oath. I am not sure what is the best case for me. Anyone knows how long Seattle office take for the oath after the interview? If I just leave for my trip, and come back at 5/22, would I miss my ceremony? Do you think it is still possible for me to get us passport for my trip? I am confused, and I really need to travel..:( thank you for you advises in advance..

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sara L said:

Hi 

I filed my N400 via online in Feb, 2018, and just recieved a notice for interview on 4/23 @ 230 pm. However, i have a travel outside contry, leaving on 5/8, for two weeks. I have a close friend who did his interview last month, and had an oath ceremony the same day. Since my appt is at 2:30 pm, I dont think that will likely be my case. Thus, I think, it will be very tight or impossible for me to get my US passport before my travel.. I heard I can travel outside country with my greencard and current passport before I take the oath. I am not sure what is the best case for me. Anyone knows how long Seattle office take for the oath after the interview? If I just leave for my trip, and come back at 5/22, would I miss my ceremony? Do you think it is still possible for me to get us passport for my trip? I am confused, and I really need to travel..:( thank you for you advises in advance..

Hi Sara,

I will leave the others answer about the interview and passport since I don't know. But do you mind letting us know when did you file in Feb 2018? Alot of us here filed in Feb18 but haven't heard back from them. 

Edited by AHG

3 minutes ago, AHG said:

Hi Sara,

I will leave the others answer about the interview and passport since I don't know. But do you mind letting us know when did you file in Feb 2018? Alot of us here filed in Feb18 but haven't heard back from them. 

Hi I filed on Feb 10, 2018. I filed online. My parents filed one week before me, but they did print and mailed physical form to office, and they still havent heard about anything yet. Also my friend  did his ceramony on the same day with his interview about 4 weeks ago, he filed his n400 appx one month ahead of me. Hope it helps.

16 minutes ago, Sara L said:

Hi 

My oath is exactly 6 weeks after my interview - I'm not sure if this is standard though (hopefully others can chime in).  Until you take the oath, you are not a citizen, so yes, your travel would be with your greencard and passport.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sara L said:

Hi I filed on Feb 10, 2018. I filed online. My parents filed one week before me, but they did print and mailed physical form to office, and they still havent heard about anything yet. Also my friend  did his ceramony on the same day with his interview about 4 weeks ago, he filed his n400 appx one month ahead of me. Hope it helps.

Yes, helps alot. I filed by mail and my filing date is Feb 16, I still have not heard anything yet.

I just asked a friend and she's saying that if they do make the oath on the same day, you will have enough time to get the passport if you request it in expedited person iatDownTown Seattle. If you do not do the oath it's gonna be hard, regarding the Green Card I believe they take it away at some point not sure if at interview or at oath. Best of luck Sara

Just now, AHG said:

Yes, helps alot. I filed by mail and my filing date is Feb 16, I still have not heard anything yet.

I just asked a friend and she's saying that if they do make the oath on the same day, you will have enough time to get the passport if you request it in expedited person iatDownTown Seattle. If you do not do the oath it's gonna be hard, regarding the Green Card I believe they take it away at some point not sure if at interview or at oath. Best of luck Sara

They take the greencard on the day of oath.

4 minutes ago, AHG said:

Thank you so much!! My friend who did the oath the same day, had an inteview time at 0900 am, and Oath was 1 pm. So I don't think I get to do like him. I guess I will just travel with green card, and hopefully do my oath after I come back. I really wanted to travel with US passport this time but I guess, next time 😋 Thank you again, hopefully you hear from them soon!

9 minutes ago, Curve said:

My oath is exactly 6 weeks after my interview - I'm not sure if this is standard though (hopefully others can chime in).  Until you take the oath, you are not a citizen, so yes, your travel would be with your greencard and passport.

Oh wow 6 weeks? I thought it might be just few days. If it will be my case as well, maybe this will be better for me, so I can just do the oath after I come back. Thank you so much for sharing! 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Sara L said:

Oh wow 6 weeks? I thought it might be just few days. If it will be my case as well, maybe this will be better for me, so I can just do the oath after I come back. Thank you so much for sharing! 

Based on the time your interview is scheduled there's no way you'll do a same day oath. It will have to be scheduled later and the day is normally several weeks after the initial interview day. All this is also assuming you'll be immediately recommended for approval as well on the day of your interview and any post interview reviews are done in a timely manner. Even if everything plays out perfectly it will be several weeks before you can take you oath of allegiance to finalize your process. For the meantime though you're still a permanent resident and can travel with your green card and passport. Try to keep your trip short though so you have ample time to get back and complete your swearing in if not you'll have to reschedule.

Removal of Conditions: 

Naturalization:

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ck207 said:

Please do it! Keep us updated. This is unacceptable what they did. I just submitted the out of processing timeline form for my i751. I should expect something on April 16. The person I talked to yesterday said I will be reschedule in a few weeks. Tbh, I don’t really trust what they said. I will keep pressing it

I just did a Congressional inquiry with Congresswoman Jayapal. I'm ready to take this issue head on with USCIS and will keep mounting the pressure until they finish this stuff so I can move on with my life. I just figured out an October 2018 filer had same identical predicament as mine. After putting some heat he was finally scheduled after 3 weeks post interview. Your rescheduling should happen in a few weeks, it's one of those things they can be a little consistent with for the most part.

Edited by Starkilla09

Removal of Conditions: 

Naturalization:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.