Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
2 hours ago, Marishka33 said:

Hello there, my pd is March17th, 2018 and I am still waiting as well. 

Hey Marishka33,

I am Feb 26 and haven't heard from them yet. I'd say it might take another month or so for you to hear anything.

I will let everyone as soon as I know my appointment, hopefully it will help you adjust your calculations. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, GermanG said:

Hi guys! I am a later October 2018 filer....I was wondering..it looks like is it taking around 14 months in Seattle between the time that you file and the time that you get to your interview?

thanks for sharing! and enjoy the sun...🌞🌝

Yup, it looks like its a +14 months period from filling to interview...I am still wondering about the oath, no one have responded to my question yet, hopefully someone will :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
4 hours ago, AHG said:

Does anyone know how long it's taking for the oath ceremony in Seattle after someone passes the interview?

I thought I read it somewhere, but couldn't find it today. At one point it used to happen on the same day, is this still the case with all the backlog?

Seattle office does 2 same day oaths at 10am and 2:30pm respectively. Your chances of getting one will depend when your interview is scheduled and if you’re recommended for approval at the spot. If you have an early morning interview before 10am and are recommended for approval, chances are you’ll get a same day oath otherwise you’ll have to be scheduled for an oath later.  

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

26 minutes ago, AHG said:

Yup, it looks like its a +14 months period from filling to interview...I am still wondering about the oath, no one have responded to my question yet, hopefully someone will :)

Thank you very much for replying! It's the first time that I participate in a "local" group and it feels home. :)

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Starkilla09 said:

Seattle office does 2 same day oaths at 10am and 2:30pm respectively. Your chances of getting one will depend when your interview is scheduled and if you’re recommended for approval at the spot. If you have an early morning interview before 10am and are recommended for approval, chances are you’ll get a same day oath otherwise you’ll have to be scheduled for an oath later.  

Great info.

Thanks for the response.

31 minutes ago, GermanG said:

Thank you very much for replying! It's the first time that I participate in a "local" group and it feels home. :)

Definitely helps alot, I regret not joining earlier :)

1 hour ago, Starkilla09 said:

I was "recommended for approval" and still wasn't able to take the oath.  I had a jr. officer who couldn't approve my application on the spot.

9 hours ago, MarshaF said:

My interview is on April 24 @ 9.45 am. Does anyone know if there is a chance of same day oath?

My interview is same day. April 24

Timeline
4 hours ago, Curve said:

I was "recommended for approval" and still wasn't able to take the oath.  I had a jr. officer who couldn't approve my application on the spot.

Do you mind sharing some of the questions they asked? Also can you provide more information about the "recommended for approval", dont they say yes or no on the spot? And finally when is your oath?

2 hours ago, El79 said:

My interview is same day. April 24

Congrats EI79...

1 hour ago, AHG said:

Do you mind sharing some of the questions they asked? Also can you provide more information about the "recommended for approval", dont they say yes or no on the spot? And finally when is your oath?

Congrats EI79...

Keep in mind the questions are completely random..

The only one I remember is where is the statue of liberty. I said Liberty Island (like in the booklet), and she repeated the question, put her together hands in the air above her head and said.. "you know, the big statue?".  I said New York harbor and she moved on. 

I assumed I was going to get the same day oath because my interview was at 8 AM.  I asked and she said we'd see at the end of the interview.  At the end, I asked again and she admitted she could not approve my application because she is a junior officer. She said she was recommending me for approval - which she said meant a Sr officer would review her work and make the final decision.

The good news is most people here with earlier times seem to get the same day oath, so it was just my luck.

My oath is on April 11.

Edited by Curve

13 hours ago, AHG said:

Does anyone know how long it's taking for the oath ceremony in Seattle after someone passes the interview?

I thought I read it somewhere, but couldn't find it today. At one point it used to happen on the same day, is this still the case with all the backlog?

Mine is exactly 6 weeks (4/11) from my interview date (2/28).

Timeline
10 hours ago, Curve said:

Mine is exactly 6 weeks (4/11) from my interview date (2/28).

Not too bad...congrats Curve.

11 hours ago, Curve said:

Keep in mind the questions are completely random..

The only one I remember is where is the statue of liberty. I said Liberty Island (like in the booklet), and she repeated the question, put her together hands in the air above her head and said.. "you know, the big statue?".  I said New York harbor and she moved on. 

I assumed I was going to get the same day oath because my interview was at 8 AM.  I asked and she said we'd see at the end of the interview.  At the end, I asked again and she admitted she could not approve my application because she is a junior officer. She said she was recommending me for approval - which she said meant a Sr officer would review her work and make the final decision.

The good news is most people here with earlier times seem to get the same day oath, so it was just my luck.

My oath is on April 11.

How long did they take to get back to you with the final decision?

Hi Seattle filers!

Online, my application has had another section added: Estimated wait time. This is now showing 23 days. Does anyone know what this newer section means? The "application complete" date is still showing as May 2019.

For reference, I filed my N-400 in April 2018.

Thanks much.

Be prepared for the eternal waiting game. Be prepared for average news.

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

07/16/2013 - Successful interview, 2-yr Green Card approved!

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

11/03/2015 - Approved, card production ordered (164 days!)

11/10/2015 - 10-yr Green Card received (IR6) -- journey over for now!

Citizenship Journey (N-400)

Spoiler

07/15/2019 - Ceremony scheduled for 07/31/2019
07/31/2019 - Journey is finally over. Citizen of the USA.

1 minute ago, oceanborn said:

Hi Seattle filers!

Online, my application has had another section added: Estimated wait time. This is now showing 23 days. Does anyone know what this newer section means? The "application complete" date is still showing as May 2019.

For reference, I filed my N-400 in April 2018.

Thanks much.

All the date estimates really mean nothing. The 23 days will likely come and go, and the message will change again.  Best way to know the priority numbers being processed is checking here to see who's been scheduled.

For reference, this is how it looks. I'm not in a rush, even a little bit. Just curious :)

image.png

Be prepared for the eternal waiting game. Be prepared for average news.

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

07/16/2013 - Successful interview, 2-yr Green Card approved!

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

11/03/2015 - Approved, card production ordered (164 days!)

11/10/2015 - 10-yr Green Card received (IR6) -- journey over for now!

Citizenship Journey (N-400)

Spoiler

07/15/2019 - Ceremony scheduled for 07/31/2019
07/31/2019 - Journey is finally over. Citizen of the USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.