Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
21 hours ago, CdnRN said:

Well my interview is done and I now have my 🇺🇸 Citizenship. The officer was friendly and nice - she suggested trying to get an enhanced drivers license to allow me to cross the border by car while I await my US passport, and while waiting we chit chatted about sewing.

. . .

It’s nice that this journey is over, though now to deal with getting a passport and an updated social security card. 

Congratulations   

A possible, if you did a name change on the N400, timing warning on the "enhanced drivers license" while you wait on passport.    WA State DOL, does a SSN name match on all drivers license changes/updates.   So if you changed your name, you must update your SSN card first, before updating/changing your Driver's License.    The local DOL customer reps you show your Certificate of Naturalization to do not always follow their own procedures and allowed my wife to change her driver's license without showing an updated SSN card (per their website you are suppose to show your ssn card).    They run the SSN number / SSN name / Driver Lic name match sometime after you leave.  

This resulted in my wife getting a certified letter (two weeks later) in the mail that her driver's license was going to be canceled in 3 weeks because her drivers license name did not match her SSN name.    The only way, right now, to update SSN is through mail and it requires the Certificate of Naturalization.   They, DOL, would no allow the drivers license in her previous name to stand - getting the SSN updated was the only way forward.    

The warning only applies if you changed your name at Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Wayne- said:

Congratulations   

A possible, if you did a name change on the N400, timing warning on the "enhanced drivers license" while you wait on passport.    WA State DOL, does a SSN name match on all drivers license changes/updates.   So if you changed your name, you must update your SSN card first, before updating/changing your Driver's License.    The local DOL customer reps you show your Certificate of Naturalization to do not always follow their own procedures and allowed my wife to change her driver's license without showing an updated SSN card (per their website you are suppose to show your ssn card).    They run the SSN number / SSN name / Driver Lic name match sometime after you leave.  

This resulted in my wife getting a certified letter (two weeks later) in the mail that her driver's license was going to be canceled in 3 weeks because her drivers license name did not match her SSN name.    The only way, right now, to update SSN is through mail and it requires the Certificate of Naturalization.   They, DOL, would no allow the drivers license in her previous name to stand - getting the SSN updated was the only way forward.    

The warning only applies if you changed your name at Naturalization.

Thanks! I changed my name before I first applied for my GC so I’m good. I spoke with SSN they will only do it by mail so I’ll wait until I have my certificate back from my passport. The office I spoke with heard my situation and I don’t have to hurry on the SSN updates. 

First Entered US with TN Status: 04/13/2012
Engaged: 08/24/2012
Married: 08/10/2013

Adjustment of Status from TN Status to Permanent Resident:
Day 00: AOS mailed by USPS priority Post: 05/19/2014
Day 02: AOS package arrived: 05/21/2014
Day 08: Text/email notice of acceptance: 05/27/2014
Day 11: NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 received, 05/30/2014
Day 14: Biometrics notice received with an appointment of June 17, 2914 at 3pm. 06/02/2014
Day 15: attempted walk-in successful after a very long wait 06/03/2014
Day 38: email notice that I-485 has moved to testing & interview! 06/26/2014
Day 77: EAD/AP - card production 08/06/2014
Day 84: EAD/AP card received 08/13/2014
Day 129: Infopass appointment for an update (very helpful!) 09/24/2014
Day 136: Email received with interview date 10/01/2014
Day 138: Interview notice received! 10/03/2014
Day 170: Green Card Approved on the Spot! 11/04/2014
Day 178: Green Card Received 11/12/2014

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

Day 00: ROC Package (Weighing 1.7kg -- 3lbs 13oz) mailed by USPS Priority Post: 09/13/2016

Day 03: ROC Package Received: 09/16/2016

Day 07: Check Cashed: 09/20/2016

Day Too many to count: Received Approval 02/05/2018

NATURALIZATION

Day 00: Submitted file online for N400 -- 07/31/2020

Hi all, long-time lurker here and finally making my first post. I filed on 08/22/2020 and got my interview scheduled for Jan 25 2022. I did not receive any email notification, nor have I seen anything in the mail yet. I just happened to log in to my account today and saw that the "estimated wait time" had jumped from 6 months to 18 months. Scrolled down to see that the status had updated to "interview scheduled", and found the notice under the documents tab. 

I updated the spreadsheet as well. Hope the pivot tables I created a while back are also useful for folks :).  I found it interesting that we have a higher percentage of August interviews vs. July interviews, and also that my days to interview notice is above average (471 to 445). Thanks to everyone on this thread for getting me through this otherwise very opaque process! Hopefully the interview goes smoothly. Will update you all once that happens in the new year.

Edited by na-1
added info from spreadsheet

Hi All, I am new here.

I filed my N-400 online at Seattle on October 9th, 2019. My wife filed on the same day. 

My wife got her interview scheduled in January 2021 and got her passport already.

My interview still hasn't been scheduled. Attached my case history below, not sure what does "invalid date" mean. I contacted USCIS regarding my case, and here's response:

"Your application is currently waiting to be scheduled for an interview at the Seattle Field Office.  Once an interview is scheduled, an interview notice will be mailed to your address of record. We regret that we are not able to give you a time frame for when you will be scheduled for an interview.   "

But my case has been in this status for almost a year. Not sure what else I can do to make any progress, or even if something went wrong with my case...

N400 status.png

4 hours ago, SeattleDude said:

Hi All, I am new here.

I filed my N-400 online at Seattle on October 9th, 2019. My wife filed on the same day. 

My wife got her interview scheduled in January 2021 and got her passport already.

My interview still hasn't been scheduled. Attached my case history below, not sure what does "invalid date" mean. I contacted USCIS regarding my case, and here's response:

"Your application is currently waiting to be scheduled for an interview at the Seattle Field Office.  Once an interview is scheduled, an interview notice will be mailed to your address of record. We regret that we are not able to give you a time frame for when you will be scheduled for an interview.   "

But my case has been in this status for almost a year. Not sure what else I can do to make any progress, or even if something went wrong with my case...

This sucks, sorry to hear :(. Have you tried calling USCIS? I've read that if you dial their regular customer service number and say "infopass" you can speak to a live representative. Maybe they can shed some light on your situation. 

40 minutes ago, na-1 said:

This sucks, sorry to hear :(. Have you tried calling USCIS? I've read that if you dial their regular customer service number and say "infopass" you can speak to a live representative. Maybe they can shed some light on your situation. 

@SeattleDude so sorry.  Like @na-1 said, try call them.  Hope it can get resolved soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 12/7/2021 at 11:08 AM, na-1 said:

Hi all, long-time lurker here and finally making my first post. I filed on 08/22/2020 and got my interview scheduled for Jan 25 2022. I did not receive any email notification, nor have I seen anything in the mail yet. I just happened to log in to my account today and saw that the "estimated wait time" had jumped from 6 months to 18 months. Scrolled down to see that the status had updated to "interview scheduled", and found the notice under the documents tab. 

I updated the spreadsheet as well. Hope the pivot tables I created a while back are also useful for folks :).  I found it interesting that we have a higher percentage of August interviews vs. July interviews, and also that my days to interview notice is above average (471 to 445). Thanks to everyone on this thread for getting me through this otherwise very opaque process! Hopefully the interview goes smoothly. Will update you all once that happens in the new year.

Those Pivot Tables are definitely well done! They make it really easy to visualize the current progress.

Steps Before Citizenship:

Spoiler

K-1

09/24/2016 - I-129F Packet Submitted, 09/26/2016 - NOA1, 10/27/2016 - RFE Received

11/02/2016 - RFE Reply sent

11/09/2016 - NOA2

11/21/2016 - NVC Receives packet

12/12/2016 - Case left NVC for BKK Consulate

01/10/2017 - After travelling via the slowest route possible (likely via carrier pigeon) BKK Consulate receives packet

01/16/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions received 02/28/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions Completed

03/05/2017 - Packet 4 received (now the fun begins) --> 03/29/2017 - Interview disappears from the schedule on the embassy website -->03/30/2017 - She goes to her interview, is told they need to verify her documents since she is Vietnamese interviewing in Thailand, receives a 221G with 'Verification of Viet documents' as the reason. Gave back her passport.-->03/31/2017-04/04/2017 - Case is being continuously touched. We suspect that our case was approved at this point but they didn't have her passport. --> 04/10/2017 (10 days after interview) - Email emabssy to inquire about updates and if there was anything we could do to move things forward. (3h later) - She is told that she is approved and to expect her passport soon (how when they don't have it in their posession?) After clarification, instructed to send our passport to them. Ship out passport in a rush to beat Songkran (which failed) --> 04/11/2017 - Passport at embassy according to Thai Post Office --> 04/17/2017 - Emailed to confirm they received the passport. They issued an evasive answer about Songkran backlog (they love evasive non-committal answers)--> 04/24/2017  Evening - Case changes from Immigrant Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa and a new case created date is given --? 04/25/2017 morning  (less than 12h later) - Case flies through Ready -->Admin Processing --> Issued

04/26/2017 - Checks mail, passport is there. No mention of it being mailed out. 

05/02/2017 - Arrives in the USA, without Issue

06/17/2017 - Marriage!

AOS

7/01/17- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

7/03/17- Packet received

07/07/17 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/13/17 - Received paper copies of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/21/17 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/02/17 - Biometrics Appointment Completed 

11/04/17 - EAD Approved - New Card Is Ready For Production

11/09/17 - AP Approved, EAD - Card Produced Awaiting Mailing, EAD - Card Has Been Mailed.

11/13/17 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received. 

11/05/2018 - Received SMS Notification that Interview Has Been Scheduled

11/10/2018 - Received Paper Interview Notice

12/11/2018 - Interview Date
12/12/2018 - Approved

ROC

11/18/2020 - Mailed ROC packet

11/20/2020 - Packet received

01/16/2021 - Received NOA1 

05/28/2021 - Biometrics Waived

08/04/2021 - ROC Approved

08/11/2021 - GC received

Citizenship

09/15/2021 - N-400 Filed Electronically, NOA-1 received, Biometrics Waiver Received

07/01/2022 - Interview Notice Received
08/10/2022 - Interview Date, Approved, Oath Ceremony

Hello everyone,

I had my interview on November 30, 2021 and passed the interview but the officer decided to not to the same day oath (she wanted me to do a new biometric on the same day). So, I am waiting for oath ceremony to be scheduled. My case status is "oath ceremony will be scheduled". Any one has experience on how long it takes to get the notice and do the oath after the interview? I was excited to finally be able to travel abroad for the holidays, but now I am not sure if I should cancel my plans.

Edited by kocher

18 hours ago, kocher said:

Hello everyone,

I had my interview on November 30, 2021 and passed the interview but the officer decided to not to the same day oath (she wanted me to do a new biometric on the same day). So, I am waiting for oath ceremony to be scheduled. My case status is "oath ceremony will be scheduled". Any one has experience on how long it takes to get the notice and do the oath after the interview? I was excited to finally be able to travel abroad for the holidays, but now I am not sure if I should cancel my plans.

That's so frustrating. What's the point of issuing us a biometrics reuse notice if they want us to do it all over again ... ugh. Sorry I don't have an answer for your question, but I am curious: how long ago did you take your biometrics originally? I'm trying to figure out if there is a criteria for deciding who has to retake biometrics, and what it could be. 

1 hour ago, na-1 said:

That's so frustrating. What's the point of issuing us a biometrics reuse notice if they want us to do it all over again ... ugh. Sorry I don't have an answer for your question, but I am curious: how long ago did you take your biometrics originally? I'm trying to figure out if there is a criteria for deciding who has to retake biometrics, and what it could be. 

It is indeed frustrating. My last biometric and photo goes back to 6-7 years ago for my green card application. I think officer mentioned some thing around the photo not being clear or it was taken in another state or maybe it was taken a long time ago. I suspect It might be because it didn't look like me anymore ;) I had beard at that time but I didn't when I showed up at my interview.

48 minutes ago, kocher said:

It is indeed frustrating. My last biometric and photo goes back to 6-7 years ago for my green card application. I think officer mentioned some thing around the photo not being clear or it was taken in another state or maybe it was taken a long time ago. I suspect It might be because it didn't look like me anymore ;) I had beard at that time but I didn't when I showed up at my interview.

Oh boy - I'm in a very similar situation. Photo and prints are from the GC process which was about 6.5 years ago. The only difference is that I have a beard now (vs. in my GC photo). Seems like an easy fix to try :rolleyes:? USCIS always finds a way to fu surprise us.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.