Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, Deco20 said:

Surprised to see that my interview notice was posted today, 10/14 is my date.

06/13/20: App submitted

07/23/21: Biometrics appointment

09/13/21: Interview notice

10/14/21: Interview

Beyond stoked!

Similar timeline. Submitted 06/18/20. biometrics 07/21/21 and interview 10/14. Notice 09/13. Lol i am amazed too

Edited by springtuip

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jaanu-96 said:

Happy for @Deco20 and @springtuip  on their interview calls - curious to know if you have received the interview letter from Spokane or Seattle office.

it will be good to have those dates updated in the google sheet, it helps the waiting list folks to get an estimate of queue time.

Dates are updated, and the notice came from Seattle.

On 9/9/2021 at 1:17 PM, Yassy said:

Hi everyone! I applied 11 May 2020, biometrics were taken July 17th, i see lot of more recent cases been already processed for interviews.

Anyone from May 2020 filling date experiencing the same delay? 

Same here. Applied on 10th May 2020. Biometric reuse in Feb 2021 ( after raising a SR with USCIS). No response yet. While I’m happy for people who have filed later and have received interview notices as it shows that Seattle office is indeed alive & working it is a little frustrating. 

On 2/1/2021 at 11:04 PM, thewaitingame said:

I’ll apply for N400 soon and with how slow the Seattle office is, I’m very tempted to “move” to my parents’ place for faster processing... or Yakima lol

How was your application?

18 hours ago, ramb876 said:

Same here. Applied on 10th May 2020. Biometric reuse in Feb 2021 ( after raising a SR with USCIS). No response yet. While I’m happy for people who have filed later and have received interview notices as it shows that Seattle office is indeed alive & working it is a little frustrating. 

I think you should call the customer service number and request a Tier 2 officer call you.  That is quite strange.  Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Add us to the list of Seattle Filers:

Submitted online a few hours ago and already received the receipt notice and the biometrics waiver notice.

Steps Before Citizenship:

Spoiler

K-1

09/24/2016 - I-129F Packet Submitted, 09/26/2016 - NOA1, 10/27/2016 - RFE Received

11/02/2016 - RFE Reply sent

11/09/2016 - NOA2

11/21/2016 - NVC Receives packet

12/12/2016 - Case left NVC for BKK Consulate

01/10/2017 - After travelling via the slowest route possible (likely via carrier pigeon) BKK Consulate receives packet

01/16/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions received 02/28/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions Completed

03/05/2017 - Packet 4 received (now the fun begins) --> 03/29/2017 - Interview disappears from the schedule on the embassy website -->03/30/2017 - She goes to her interview, is told they need to verify her documents since she is Vietnamese interviewing in Thailand, receives a 221G with 'Verification of Viet documents' as the reason. Gave back her passport.-->03/31/2017-04/04/2017 - Case is being continuously touched. We suspect that our case was approved at this point but they didn't have her passport. --> 04/10/2017 (10 days after interview) - Email emabssy to inquire about updates and if there was anything we could do to move things forward. (3h later) - She is told that she is approved and to expect her passport soon (how when they don't have it in their posession?) After clarification, instructed to send our passport to them. Ship out passport in a rush to beat Songkran (which failed) --> 04/11/2017 - Passport at embassy according to Thai Post Office --> 04/17/2017 - Emailed to confirm they received the passport. They issued an evasive answer about Songkran backlog (they love evasive non-committal answers)--> 04/24/2017  Evening - Case changes from Immigrant Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa and a new case created date is given --? 04/25/2017 morning  (less than 12h later) - Case flies through Ready -->Admin Processing --> Issued

04/26/2017 - Checks mail, passport is there. No mention of it being mailed out. 

05/02/2017 - Arrives in the USA, without Issue

06/17/2017 - Marriage!

AOS

7/01/17- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

7/03/17- Packet received

07/07/17 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/13/17 - Received paper copies of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/21/17 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/02/17 - Biometrics Appointment Completed 

11/04/17 - EAD Approved - New Card Is Ready For Production

11/09/17 - AP Approved, EAD - Card Produced Awaiting Mailing, EAD - Card Has Been Mailed.

11/13/17 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received. 

11/05/2018 - Received SMS Notification that Interview Has Been Scheduled

11/10/2018 - Received Paper Interview Notice

12/11/2018 - Interview Date
12/12/2018 - Approved

ROC

11/18/2020 - Mailed ROC packet

11/20/2020 - Packet received

01/16/2021 - Received NOA1 

05/28/2021 - Biometrics Waived

08/04/2021 - ROC Approved

08/11/2021 - GC received

Citizenship

09/15/2021 - N-400 Filed Electronically, NOA-1 received, Biometrics Waiver Received

07/01/2022 - Interview Notice Received
08/10/2022 - Interview Date, Approved, Oath Ceremony

6 hours ago, mnt96 said:

I think you should call the customer service number and request a Tier 2 officer call you.  That is quite strange.  Good luck.

That's what I will do tomorrow. It's annoying that USCIS first ignored many Apr/May 2020 filers for biometrics and now they are doing the same for scheduling interviews. Time to escalate to Tier 2 callback. 

On 9/15/2021 at 5:07 PM, swadesi said:

I already had my Drivers license appointment pre-booked for converting it to EDL, and also my passport appointment at the post office. Done with both in a breeze.

is it okay to apply for passport with temporary EDL ? is the naturalization certificate enough as proof of ID?

8 hours ago, Max_15 said:

is it okay to apply for passport with temporary EDL ? is the naturalization certificate enough as proof of ID?

Yes. EDL needs Naturalization cert original but only for verification. Passport application would take the cert while processing. Used Temp EDL + punched-out Drivers License as Identity proof for Passport.

Hi! 

im taking my oath on September 24th and hoping To get my passport ASAP so I can travel to see dying relative. I know it’s taking forever so hoping to get an emergency appointment - does Anyone know the latest process? I’ve been on websites but the info is different from friends experience. Help! 

Should I book a flight and book an appointment before I go in for my oath (for after the oath) or wait inrol I take my oath? 

TIA! 

On 9/15/2021 at 5:07 PM, swadesi said:

Almost done with the journey (pending passport).

Had my interview scheduled for 7am earlier today. Was called in at about 7.05

As expected, it was a virtual one conducted by the officer based in Spokane. Since my application was spouse based - I was asked for a copy of the documents proving the marriage. So gave them Bank statement, mortgage statements, Car insurance, Tax returns. The documents were collected by the agent here, scanned and then sent to the officer in Spokane.

He then asked the 6 civics questions, followed with a series of yes/no questions. Once through, I was approved for citizenship and then he worked on getting me scheduled for Oath the same day. Was asked to leave the green card and a document that I was made to sign for the Oath ceremony - and then wait in the Hallway.

All this took about 30 minutes. In about 10-15 minutes we were called into a room for the Oath ceremony and were done by 8am.

I already had my Drivers license appointment pre-booked for converting it to EDL, and also my passport appointment at the post office. Done with both in a breeze.

With the final wait of few more months for the passport the immigration journey will be over.

Congratulations!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.