Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, mnt96 said:

Hey everyone, so doea the Portland office conduct same day Oath ceremonies?

Based on the experiences of those in this thread, it seems to vary.

Some interviewees were offered same-day (either short wait, or several-hour-long wait), some were not offered but eventually got oath dates for the Seattle office (within a couple weeks, if I remember correctly).

I didn't see enough cases in this thread to determine a pattern. We've also not seen a Portland interview notice since early July (according to the tracking sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcItCasVItCDsUNEbDu15IRQ-AbDMRJWsiljwtz5WRI/edit?usp=sharing), so who knows if they're still passing cases down there.

Me - London, England, Him - Seattle, USA, First met - September 2015 @ Walt Disney World, Florida 
September 2015 to 2016 - 65,000 miles flown between us as we did the LDR thing / 28th Nov 2016 - Married at the Space Needle in Seattle 
29th Nov 2016 - Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Chicago 
13th Jan 2017 - Biometrics / 3rd March 2017 - EAD/AP card arrived

14th Sept 2017 - Interviewed at Seattle local office. Card production status updated 6hrs later! 
21st Sept 2017 - LPR / Green Card arrived in the mail (via USPS Priority Mail)
20th June 2019 - I-751 Filed to Arizona / 29th June 2019 - NOA1 mail/written confirmation arrived with 18 month extension; LIN/Nebraska case number 
15th Nov 2019 - Biometrics taken / 19th May 2020 - New 10-Yr Card Being Produced / 22nd May 2020 - 10 Year Card received in the mail!

17th June 2020 - Submitted N-400 online, estimated case completion August 2021 (Biometrics reuse letter 
received Dec 2020)

11th August 2021 - Interview notification received / 28th September 2021 - Interviewed & Naturalized at Seattle FO

Done and done! Here's a breakdown of my interview today:

- arrived 15 mins before appointment, checkin took 5 mins

- waited for my interviewer on the 2nd floor for maybe 30 mins then was called in

- really nice officer, asked me a couple of questions, updating address, etc. Then civics and English.

- Officer asked me if I want same day oath, I said yes, she administered the Oath and boom, 30 mins and I was out.

I'm currently waiting for my certificate of naturalization, they said 15-20 mins, super excited!

Will update the sheet as well, keep the faith peeps and thanks for all those that shared their stories before!

On 8/17/2021 at 11:58 AM, mnt96 said:

Hey everyone, so doea the Portland office conduct same day Oath ceremonies?

i had  7.30 am  interviewed at PORTLAND last May 24,2021 and they offer same day oath..

14 hours ago, AWTY? said:

- waited for my interviewer on the 2nd floor for maybe 30 mins then was called in

- really nice officer, asked me a couple of questions, updating address, etc. Then civics and English.

- Officer asked me if I want same day oath, I said yes, she administered the Oath and boom, 30 mins and I was out.

I'm currently waiting for my certificate of naturalization, they said 15-20 mins, super excited!

Will update the sheet as well, keep the faith peeps and thanks for all those that shared their stories before!

Congratulations 👏👏🍻

On 8/18/2021 at 9:08 AM, AWTY? said:

I had the similar experience today but my interview was virtual 

- check in took 5 minutes

- waited for 15-20 mins on second floor before called in

- virtual interview in a cubicle with other people having interviews in cubicles in the same area/hall and it took 20-25 mins

- at the end of interview, officer asked me to leave GC at the cubicle 

- Waited for 90 mins on second floor for oath 

- oath ceremony was at the hall on first floor and    got certificate and welcome packet at the end of it 

question - has anyone had any experience with updating social security card after naturalization? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Arg!! I was on USCIS earlier today and it showed “2 months”. That’s the shortest it’s been! 

I re-logged in just now ready to grab a screenshot to share and it’s back to 3months. 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

I saw in another thread that loading additional documents has worked for some to trigger an action on the file. 

Has anyone tried this? 

It’s been long enough that my 5 years of tax history is out of date. I could update that… 

First Entered US with TN Status: 04/13/2012
Engaged: 08/24/2012
Married: 08/10/2013

Adjustment of Status from TN Status to Permanent Resident:
Day 00: AOS mailed by USPS priority Post: 05/19/2014
Day 02: AOS package arrived: 05/21/2014
Day 08: Text/email notice of acceptance: 05/27/2014
Day 11: NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 received, 05/30/2014
Day 14: Biometrics notice received with an appointment of June 17, 2914 at 3pm. 06/02/2014
Day 15: attempted walk-in successful after a very long wait 06/03/2014
Day 38: email notice that I-485 has moved to testing & interview! 06/26/2014
Day 77: EAD/AP - card production 08/06/2014
Day 84: EAD/AP card received 08/13/2014
Day 129: Infopass appointment for an update (very helpful!) 09/24/2014
Day 136: Email received with interview date 10/01/2014
Day 138: Interview notice received! 10/03/2014
Day 170: Green Card Approved on the Spot! 11/04/2014
Day 178: Green Card Received 11/12/2014

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

Day 00: ROC Package (Weighing 1.7kg -- 3lbs 13oz) mailed by USPS Priority Post: 09/13/2016

Day 03: ROC Package Received: 09/16/2016

Day 07: Check Cashed: 09/20/2016

Day Too many to count: Received Approval 02/05/2018

NATURALIZATION

Day 00: Submitted file online for N400 -- 07/31/2020

37 minutes ago, CdnRN said:

Arg!! I was on USCIS earlier today and it showed “2 months”. That’s the shortest it’s been! 

I re-logged in just now ready to grab a screenshot to share and it’s back to 3months. 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

I saw in another thread that loading additional documents has worked for some to trigger an action on the file. 

Has anyone tried this? 

It’s been long enough that my 5 years of tax history is out of date. I could update that…

Hello , I would advice you not to worry at all to the estimation completion time, before my interview got scheduled few days ago it was 7 months. after the interview notice, it shows me 18 months ! 

20 hours ago, wase said:

I had the similar experience today but my interview was virtual 

- check in took 5 minutes

- waited for 15-20 mins on second floor before called in

- virtual interview in a cubicle with other people having interviews in cubicles in the same area/hall and it took 20-25 mins

- at the end of interview, officer asked me to leave GC at the cubicle 

- Waited for 90 mins on second floor for oath 

- oath ceremony was at the hall on first floor and    got certificate and welcome packet at the end of it 

question - has anyone had any experience with updating social security card after naturalization? 

Congratulations!

By any chance - did you receive your interview letter from Spokane field office?

2 hours ago, swadesi said:

Congratulations!

By any chance - did you receive your interview letter from Spokane field office?

Thanks - Yes I did - the from address was of Spokane Field Office. 

I think for people having the in-person interview have the oath just after the interview. Virtual ones have to wait until the next oath ceremony after the interview.

New here. Have been lurking for a while. I have the exact same timeline as @leethompson (applied online June 2020, same 3 year, married to USC),  and have not heard back yet. Online estimate says approximately 9 months but from reading some posts here, their online timeline doesn’t mean anything. Anyone else with a similar timeline that has not heard anything? 

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mica93 said:

New here. Have been lurking for a while. I have the exact same timeline as @leethompson (applied online June 2020, same 3 year, married to USC),  and have not heard back yet. Online estimate says approximately 9 months but from reading some posts here, their online timeline doesn’t mean anything. Anyone else with a similar timeline that has not heard anything? 

I'm a June 2020 applicant as well but I applied under 5-years residency and had to go for biometrics last month. Estimated completion time shows 13 months, status says USCIS is actively reviewing my case as of my biometrics day.

4 hours ago, Deco20 said:

I'm a June 2020 applicant as well but I applied under 5-years residency and had to go for biometrics last month. Estimated completion time shows 13 months, status says USCIS is actively reviewing my case as of my biometrics day.

Interesting. I received a letter telling me I did not need to go in to do my biometrics in December 2020. It seems like the 3 year and 5 year residency applicants are on a different timeline. 

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mica93 said:

Interesting. I received a letter telling me I did not need to go in to do my biometrics in December 2020. It seems like the 3 year and 5 year residency applicants are on a different timeline. 

Applicants based on marriage had to deal with USCIS at one point before their naturalization process so their biometrics were on file.

I'm from a different program and have never dealt with a local USCIS office until last month for my biometrics.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 hours ago, Mica93 said:

I applied under 5 year residency and got my biometrics re-use notification on April 2021, I have interview scheduled on Sep 29.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.