Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

Passport update! We applied June 7th, expedited with overnight postage there and back, and received his passport book back July 3rd-- so took abut 3.5 weeks total. We are still waiting on the passport card and his naturalization certificate back but at least we have the passport book in time for our travels later this month! 

On 7/3/2021 at 8:28 AM, TheyLoveMe said:

Got an email this morning (3am) saying that USCIS has taken action on my case. I logged in but the only difference I see is that the time until decision went down from 10 to 2 months (which I think is good), but there nothing new under the documents section.

On 7/3/2021 at 10:07 AM, leethompson said:

I had exactly the same thing. Same email, same change in timeline. 

I remain skeptical that anything has actually changed. <_< 

Called USCIS today to check on what the email was about, and the agent said that the only change was that the case was transferred to the local office and was eligible for an interview to be scheduled.

Wonder, how long that takes now.

46 minutes ago, swadesi said:

Called USCIS today to check on what the email was about, and the agent said that the only change was that the case was transferred to the local office and was eligible for an interview to be scheduled.

Wonder, how long that takes now.

Which number did you call?

10 minutes ago, Decent80 said:

I tried calling but unable to connect to an agent. How did you manage to connect to an agent? The automated system is not allowing me to connect to an agent.

Just say infopath and it will connect you to an agent. 

20 hours ago, kels430 said:

Passport update! We applied June 7th, expedited with overnight postage there and back, and received his passport book back July 3rd-- so took abut 3.5 weeks total. We are still waiting on the passport card and his naturalization certificate back but at least we have the passport book in time for our travels later this month! 

Wow that super super fast! I applied on June 3rd regular processing and postage as we have no trips planned and not in a rush for my passport. I got an email from them on June 25 letting me know it was received and being processed. I will keep you all posted on my timeline. 

@Squishinator, I see you sent your application in December 2020 and you already have an interview, did you expedite? Did you file under the 3 or 5 year rule? I would love to know, and if anyone else has intel on this one incase she doesn't see this, please chime in. Thanks!

2 hours ago, mbalih said:

@Squishinator, I see you sent your application in December 2020 and you already have an interview, did you expedite? Did you file under the 3 or 5 year rule? I would love to know, and if anyone else has intel on this one incase she doesn't see this, please chime in. Thanks!

My assumption with these outlier/short-turnaround naturalizations is that they are military-connected, and thus get processed quicker. 

Me - London, England, Him - Seattle, USA, First met - September 2015 @ Walt Disney World, Florida 
September 2015 to 2016 - 65,000 miles flown between us as we did the LDR thing / 28th Nov 2016 - Married at the Space Needle in Seattle 
29th Nov 2016 - Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Chicago 
13th Jan 2017 - Biometrics / 3rd March 2017 - EAD/AP card arrived

14th Sept 2017 - Interviewed at Seattle local office. Card production status updated 6hrs later! 
21st Sept 2017 - LPR / Green Card arrived in the mail (via USPS Priority Mail)
20th June 2019 - I-751 Filed to Arizona / 29th June 2019 - NOA1 mail/written confirmation arrived with 18 month extension; LIN/Nebraska case number 
15th Nov 2019 - Biometrics taken / 19th May 2020 - New 10-Yr Card Being Produced / 22nd May 2020 - 10 Year Card received in the mail!

17th June 2020 - Submitted N-400 online, estimated case completion August 2021 (Biometrics reuse letter 
received Dec 2020)

11th August 2021 - Interview notification received / 28th September 2021 - Interviewed & Naturalized at Seattle FO

Just now, leethompson said:

My assumption with these outlier/short-turnaround naturalizations is that they are military-connected, and thus get processed quicker. 

True! Thanks for that note. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Passport for my kids!

I’m still endlessly waiting for my interview but I’ve been trying to sort out my kids’ passports for both countries (my kids have dual with 🇨🇦🇺🇸). 

Because of my husband’s schedule during the school year we were struggling to find a slot. I’ve been trying for appointments for months at this point. For US passports for the kids. My daughter’s expires soon and my son’s expired before the pandemic and I didn’t realize it until March 2020. Oops. 

So today we decided to just try - at least in person maybe they could help with appointments. 

We started by going downtown Seattle to the main Passport Agency. That was a bust - there was a google review stating that they had success with a walk-in but they wouldn’t even help with an appointment for me. They would only help with a booked flight. Or proof of Hotel in Canada (for a land border crossing). Then they will do it quickly.  They weren't the kindest - I’d only go there for emergency stuff.

We had heard here that the Bellevue USPS office accepted walkins, but that was not convenient for us (😜 would have made us late for swimming lessons) so we decided to go to the Lynnwood USPS and ask for help. 

The lady there was super helpful. She’d turned away two families who walked in because they weren’t ready. When she got to us I told her I’d been trying to get an appointment for months with no luck, I showed I had everything ready and she said to wait and if someone no showed she’d help.

So we waited and someone was 30min late for their appointment (she was turned away for not being on time) and she helped us get the passports sent off for our two kids. 

I am so grateful she was so kind especially after a negative experience at the main office downtown. 

She said there’s a flood of passports happening right now so it’s more bogged down — I’ll update on the process - how long it takes to get them - we paid to overnight and expedite.

She didn’t need my kids’ original birth certificates as we had their first passports. 

First Entered US with TN Status: 04/13/2012
Engaged: 08/24/2012
Married: 08/10/2013

Adjustment of Status from TN Status to Permanent Resident:
Day 00: AOS mailed by USPS priority Post: 05/19/2014
Day 02: AOS package arrived: 05/21/2014
Day 08: Text/email notice of acceptance: 05/27/2014
Day 11: NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 received, 05/30/2014
Day 14: Biometrics notice received with an appointment of June 17, 2914 at 3pm. 06/02/2014
Day 15: attempted walk-in successful after a very long wait 06/03/2014
Day 38: email notice that I-485 has moved to testing & interview! 06/26/2014
Day 77: EAD/AP - card production 08/06/2014
Day 84: EAD/AP card received 08/13/2014
Day 129: Infopass appointment for an update (very helpful!) 09/24/2014
Day 136: Email received with interview date 10/01/2014
Day 138: Interview notice received! 10/03/2014
Day 170: Green Card Approved on the Spot! 11/04/2014
Day 178: Green Card Received 11/12/2014

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

Day 00: ROC Package (Weighing 1.7kg -- 3lbs 13oz) mailed by USPS Priority Post: 09/13/2016

Day 03: ROC Package Received: 09/16/2016

Day 07: Check Cashed: 09/20/2016

Day Too many to count: Received Approval 02/05/2018

NATURALIZATION

Day 00: Submitted file online for N400 -- 07/31/2020

On 7/6/2021 at 11:59 AM, kels430 said:

That's great news. I have made an appointment for the same day as my citizenship interview and hope to get the passport soon to get some travels in before the summer ends.

Did you have to provide any documents for the expedited passport application?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.