Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Hello!

Does any naturalized citizen here know what exactly we have to do with the Social Security Card?

All I know is that we need to let them know our "status" changed from GC to Citizen. 

What do I need to do? Do I need to call them and go in person to their office? Can this be done online? Could anyone please send me a link?

What do I need to present? I went to their website, but I am lost...

Thanks 💖

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Birdy-flying said:

Does any naturalized citizen here know what exactly we have to do with the Social Security Card?

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

4 hours ago, KurzaDupa said:

During a consultation, an immigration lawyer was able to pull those records very easily. I am not sure from which website but I am pretty there are some out there that you can find. I will look into that and let you know

That would be awesome. My lawyer said not to worry about them, but I rather be in the safe side. 

Well, I've now passed that 365 day mark since filing my N-400.

Has anyone been noticing any patterns aside from south-Seattleites being punted to Portland?

I originally filed with an I-751 in progress (which was then processed and completed separately) and didn't have an interview for that (but had one at AOS).

My filing is under the three year rule, as I'd been married to my husband and held a green card for >3 years. I received a biometrics re-use letter before the holidays.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcItCasVItCDsUNEbDu15IRQ-AbDMRJWsiljwtz5WRI/edit?usp=sharing

Me - London, England, Him - Seattle, USA, First met - September 2015 @ Walt Disney World, Florida 
September 2015 to 2016 - 65,000 miles flown between us as we did the LDR thing / 28th Nov 2016 - Married at the Space Needle in Seattle 
29th Nov 2016 - Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Chicago 
13th Jan 2017 - Biometrics / 3rd March 2017 - EAD/AP card arrived

14th Sept 2017 - Interviewed at Seattle local office. Card production status updated 6hrs later! 
21st Sept 2017 - LPR / Green Card arrived in the mail (via USPS Priority Mail)
20th June 2019 - I-751 Filed to Arizona / 29th June 2019 - NOA1 mail/written confirmation arrived with 18 month extension; LIN/Nebraska case number 
15th Nov 2019 - Biometrics taken / 19th May 2020 - New 10-Yr Card Being Produced / 22nd May 2020 - 10 Year Card received in the mail!

17th June 2020 - Submitted N-400 online, estimated case completion August 2021 (Biometrics reuse letter 
received Dec 2020)

11th August 2021 - Interview notification received / 28th September 2021 - Interviewed & Naturalized at Seattle FO

1 hour ago, leethompson said:

Has anyone been noticing any patterns aside from south-Seattleites being punted to Portland?

I originally filed with an I-751 in progress (which was then processed and completed separately) and didn't have an interview for that (but had one at AOS).

My filing is under the three year rule, as I'd been married to my husband and held a green card for >3 years. I received a biometrics re-use letter before the holidays.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcItCasVItCDsUNEbDu15IRQ-AbDMRJWsiljwtz5WRI/edit?usp=sharing

I noticed time to interview notice going down, looks like 430-450 days now, so you should be coming up hop fully soon!

Someone I know passed interview today. In general, simple, friendly, so long waiting, so be patient, and have a coat because it's very cold inside with air conditions. Do not get tricked with the weather outside, be prepared. 

Details:

Application sent: Jan, 26th 2020 (There was a case there who applied in September 2019 and have the interview just today 🤣)

Application received: Jan, 30th 2020

Interview Notification: 05/07/2021

Interview Date: 06/18/2021 @9:30 

Arrived early and waited until 9:15. Got in the line and they only let people who have interviews at 9:15 and 9:30. 

Checked in, and was asked why my lawyer is not here (He changed his mind last minute and said it's simple and he does not need to be there lol), so they asked for his name which was forgotten 🤣, so provided only first name.

Was given a number and was asked to go to second floor. 

Went there and waited. It was a bit busy. 5 minutes later they called the number right after the number that was given to him. He started to get worried, but got calmed down.  

45 minutes later, the number was called. A nice female officer 

Asked him to get out the interview notification, greencard, ID or DL, and all passports (Nothing else was asked for other than life changes proofs) 

Asked him to sign an agreement to do the interview without the lawyer attendance. 

They went through the civic tests, you need 6 out of 10. He passed first 6, so they stopped. 

Mover to reading "We pay taxes"

Then writing "We pay taxes" 🤣

Did you travel since you filed your application? No 

Was there any changes in the application you wanna make? 

Yes, there is a wrong birthdate provided. Officer: We know and we got it corrected.

Anything else: Yes, tons of life changes. So they were recorded and then he got asked to sign the changes. 

Yes, and No questions.

Officer, you need to make sure you understand the question. 

First question asked, answer: No

Officer: did you understand the question? Yes 

Officer can you explain? ............

Officer, let me explain it to you in a better way.

(Officer is very super trained to make you not hesitate asking for clarification) I think this is what she was trying to do. 

After all: I can not approve your case now, it need to go through a review. Not sure if you can be approved today, but you can wait outside and wait for me to come back. 

Overall was 20 minutes interview and waiting game starts again. 

(There were people being called as a group and being taken downstairs for a group oath ceremony. )

In about 25-30 minutes, officer came back and took him to the room and told him he is approved and they processed the Oath 1-1. 

After taking the oath, he was congratulated to be a citizen and been asked to wait outside again for the citizenship certificate. 

Waiting game restart 🤣

It's very cold

Every 15-20 minutes someone comes with a stack of certificates and distributes them. 

All people in the room have been handed their certificates and new groups comes and go, and nervousness keeps going up 🤣 

1 Hr and 20 Minutes later, a new stack came and his name was there. He was given a welcome packet with a small US flag inside it the certificate and been asked to review it very carefully. 

He was told that corrections to it will cost him $2,000 so he would rather review it today and make any corrections if needed today. 

Overall process: 3 hours and 15 minutes door in, door out. 

Edited by MGMA

4 hours ago, leethompson said:

Do not panic, it's getting better. My overall time was 545 days LOL. Starting to see cases at much faster dates with applications in July/August/September, but it's very random. There was a case there today who applied in September 2019 🤣

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, leethompson said:

I applied a week before you did. Nothing since, not even a biometrics appointment (I'm supposed to get one as I've never interacted with USCIS here).

My account says 9 days until decision on case (USCIS jokes at their finest).

On 5/19/2021 at 8:00 PM, TheyLoveMe said:

Congratulations on your interview notice! Quick question: why specifically the Bellevue office, are they the only ones taking walkins? 

I tried many times for online  scheduling appointment for my passport application  at renton and covington but I am not lucky to find one.Is there anybody went to Bellevue USPS and  accepting walk in applicants?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 minutes ago, jolyn69 said:

I tried many times for online  scheduling appointment for my passport application  at renton and covington but I am not lucky to find one.Is there anybody went to Bellevue USPS and  accepting walk in applicants?

I have an afternoon appointment at Covington tomorrow if you want it! 2:45pm. Feel free to message me and I can give you the confirmation number and everything 🙂

On 6/18/2021 at 1:37 PM, leethompson said:

I have the same experience under the three year rule - I filled my N-400 on 2/12/2020 and had biometric appt on March 2nd (day before the covid closure of office). However, I have not heard anything after that. My account says it is taking longer and no date. 

Others in spreadsheet who applied in March, April'20 (and some even in June'20) have got the interviews. 

13 hours ago, kels430 said:

I have an afternoon appointment at Covington tomorrow if you want it! 2:45pm. Feel free to message me and I can give you the confirmation number and everything 🙂

thank you for offering but i have work tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Alpa Alpa said:

Today was my interview, unfortunately, they canceled because they didn't have my file they received the wrong file. The officer apologizes to me and she said we will reschedule another time. Is this happen before to someone or just me?

It happened to someone who was there the same day I had my interview. She was told the same thing “wrong file received”. What does your online status show? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.