Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, MMSM said:

Congrats! So guess there is not much for dec/jan fillers in coming days. 

I really have no idea how the order is going. I don't think they jump certain months, but it does seem a bit more random nowadays... Maybe it also depends which agent the applicant gets. Who knows how the cases are distributed to the agents... A case can be assigned to an agent, but the agent gets sick or goes on vacation or whatever happens (covid times right) and everything gets delayed. 

2 hours ago, seahawk24 said:

Still crickets on my end. Has anyone had success reaching out to an elected official? Is there an email template they used.

Oddly, i still have not seen any update since a few here and there. Did the USCIS Seattle office just hold back on processing?

I can work on a template, but to be honest, I think we need to file the same template together with the same message. As you can see, they started to process March applicant. We will not get anything any sooner, without speaking out together. I am not sure if they are aware of the issue that there are 2 months of applicants are left out at all. If you sent an inquiry to your elected official, they will just get the same response you get when you call info path "You are within the processing time", but if we made it clear that there is an issue that need to be addressed, I hope we can get some more luck. 

Who else is Dec, and Jan that did not hear yet? Guys, let's put something together and unify our message.  

Edited by MGMA

1 minute ago, MGMA said:

I can work on a template, but to be honest, I think we need to file the same template together with the same message. As you can see, they started to process March applicant. We will not get anything any sooner, without speaking out together. I am not sure if they are aware of the issue that there is 2 months of applicants are left out at all. If you sent an inquiry to your elected official, they will just get the same response you get when you call info path, but if we made it clear that there is an issue that need to be addressed, I hope we can get some more luck. 

Who else is Dec, and Jan that did not hear yet? Guys, let's put something together and unify our message.  

+1 Mine is Jan 1st week

1 hour ago, MMSM said:

+1 Mine is Jan 1st week

I understand that you guys are worried. However I do think your timeline (if you filed in dec19/jan20)  is still within the very long, but normal Seattle timelines. My friend had her naturalization done 2 years before Covid hit, and still waited 18 months from application to her interview being scheduled. Seattle is just slower we all know that. 

3 hours ago, Birdy-flying said:

I understand that you guys are worried. However I do think your timeline (if you filed in dec19/jan20)  is still within the very long, but normal Seattle timelines. My friend had her naturalization done 2 years before Covid hit, and still waited 18 months from application to her interview being scheduled. Seattle is just slower we all know that. 

We totally understand this. Technically, we have to wait until we hit 20 months before taking any action, but here is some facts:

1. Seattle was processing in order for the past 6 months 
  2. When the personalized estimates disappeared, Seattle left out December/ January candidates and skipped to end of Jan/ Feb 
  3. Seattle is going in order again and is now processing March
  4. Not a single report of Dec/ Jan since this happened, so it's clear they will not go backward again 
  5. This is not impacting Seattle only, there is reports from SF for December candidates who are now outside of processing times for SF, and there are now in a limbo

I think for us, we do not have anything to do other than waiting to the 20 months processing time mark. Other way, if we can bring awareness of their system glitch, that may help us. But the chance for this is super low. I personally do not mind trying. 

2 hours ago, GiannaGigi said:

@MGMA just wanting to add, Dec/Jan/Feb applicants are left out. I’m early Feb and left out.

Yes, that is true. I thought you were a Jan applicant. 

And the bad news is, Seattle backlog increased from 18-20 months to 18-21 months. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.