Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, AlienLife said:

Say "Infopass" when you call. The automated system connected me to a Tier 1 agent after I said that word.

You are a lifesaver! That did the trick. 

To summarize, if you are moving soon you cannot change field offices until after you’ve submitted your new residence to uscis. Unfortunately that can be after you’ve already received your interview notice, in which case they cancel it and reschedule at your new field office :( 

However, you can claim your new place as your residence even if you are still in the process of moving everything over and are residing there only part time. Just in case anyone else was wondering :)

3 minutes ago, GiannaGigi said:

You are a lifesaver! That did the trick. 

To summarize, if you are moving soon you cannot change field offices until after you’ve submitted your new residence to uscis. Unfortunately that can be after you’ve already received your interview notice, in which case they cancel it and reschedule at your new field office :( 

However, you can claim your new place as your residence even if you are still in the process of moving everything over and are residing there only part time. Just in case anyone else was wondering :)

Oh, that's interesting..Are you moving out of state?

Just now, GiannaGigi said:

No, I am just moving to Eastern Washington. Was hoping I could move to that field office early so I wouldn’t get my interview letter here just before leaving or something. Unfortunately that’s not possible.

Ahh, got it. Thanks for responding and clarifying. 

7 hours ago, TamHMB said:

There is something coming to my main box this Friday from USCIS. But I did not see anything reflect on the website. It's said USCIS - Lee's Summit Production facility did anyone receive anything lately? 

I applied May 2020

I got my biometric reused Dec 14th 2020

My case estimation is sep 2021 

That's where the National Benefits Center is. I received something from them in this process. I think it was just the receipt. I wonder what you could be receiving at this stage of the process? Do let us know please!

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline
4 hours ago, GiannaGigi said:

No, I am just moving to Eastern Washington. Was hoping I could move to that field office early so I wouldn’t get my interview letter here just before leaving or something. Unfortunately that’s not possible.

I already want to congratulate you, because if you’ll be appointed to the Spokane USCIS field office, processing time for your N400 will drop from 18-21 months in Seattle to just 7-11 months in Spokane. Hopefully this information will made your day;) Good luck!

Edited by Orm

4 hours ago, Orm said:

I already want to congratulate you, because if you’ll be appointed to the Spokane USCIS field office, processing time for your N400 will drop from 18-21 months in Seattle to just 7-11 months in Spokane. Hopefully this information will made your day;) Good luck!

Thanks, I am excited but truthfully by the time we do end up moving it may be too late for it to make a difference. I am hoping to interview in mid to late June in Seattle and my application was submitted 14 months ago. I wonder once I move how quickly they would send me an interview letter though. It would be nice to just get it done and over with sooner.

I applied for N-400 on 11/24/2019 and got the notice for interview on 03/31/2021. The interview is scheduled at the end of April.

I'm considering name change but didn't request for it as part of the original N-400 application. What would be the best option? I seem to have two options, go to a district court before the interview or after. I haven't followed the discussion about name change closely in this forum. Could someone help summarize the steps? Thanks!

Edited by abccba

2 minutes ago, abccba said:

I applied for N-400 on 11/24/2019 and got the notice for interview on 03/31/2021. The interview is scheduled at the end of April.

I'm considering name change but didn't request for it as part of the original N-400 application. What would be the best option? I seem to have two options, go to a district court before the interview or after. I haven't followed the discussion about name change closely in this forum. Could someone help summarize the steps? Thanks!

Congratulations! Do you mind letting us know What day your interview was scheduled in April?

I will let someone else summarize who knows better about name changes.

Hi everyone. I also applied in November 2019 (11/20/19) and got my notice yesterday that my interview will be April 27. Does anyone know if you can schedule a passport appointment before the interview? Just because the only slots available right now are in a month and if I wait till after the interview it will probably be another month till a slot opens up.

42 minutes ago, MC2 said:

Hi everyone. I also applied in November 2019 (11/20/19) and got my notice yesterday that my interview will be April 27. Does anyone know if you can schedule a passport appointment before the interview? Just because the only slots available right now are in a month and if I wait till after the interview it will probably be another month till a slot opens up.

I think you need proof of citizenship at the passport appointment and you won't have that before the interview, but I haven't done that myself, so I defer to others. 

On another note, I find this spreadsheet super valuable, if you haven't filled your info, please do here: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcItCasVItCDsUNEbDu15IRQ-AbDMRJWsiljwtz5WRI/edit#gid=1497976778

Edited by AWTY?

Congratulations @MC2. If I were you I would schedule the passport appointment the day after the naturalization interview. In all likelihood, you will be approved and get the same day oath so you can get the passport process going soon after. You can cancel the appointment the day before if something goes wrong.

Congratulations @abccba. If memory serves, @nikgon and @bmq have gone through the name change process. Maybe they can comment?

9 hours ago, MC2 said:

Yes you can schedule the passport appointment before the interview. As soon as I received my interview appointment I booked my passport appointment for the day after my interview. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

10 hours ago, abccba said:

Yeah, the Seattle office doesn’t do name changes at all, even if you request it. So just go to the district court and do your name change there. Then upload the certificate to the USCIS account and bring it to the interview. 

1 hour ago, nikgon said:

Yeah, the Seattle office doesn’t do name changes at all, even if you request it. So just go to the district court and do your name change there. Then upload the certificate to the USCIS account and bring it to the interview. 

Thanks for the information! How long does it usually take to get the name change certificate? Would it impact the interview if I apply for name change now and the certificate doesn't arrive before the interview? When you said "upload the certificate to the USCIS account", does it mean the account where I applied for N-400 online? If the name change does complete before the interview, do I need to notify USCIS in any way other than uploading the certificate (e.g. like going to the USCIS web site for address change)?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.