Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone-

Went to my interview today - Everything went fine, the Officer was very nice.

At the end though, the officer couldn't get me through the Oath Ceremony process because of a glitch in their system. I could hear few others having the same experience.

So here is my question - When should i expect the Oath Ceremony to take place? Is anyone able to speak about that -

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kujaja said:

Hi Everyone-

Went to my interview today - Everything went fine, the Officer was very nice.

At the end though, the officer couldn't get me through the Oath Ceremony process because of a glitch in their system. I could hear few others having the same experience.

So here is my question - When should i expect the Oath Ceremony to take place? Is anyone able to speak about that -

Thanks!

A couple pages back someone posted about having the same experience a couple weeks or so ago - the gap between their interview and oath was about a month, so somewhere in that ballpark.

20 hours ago, Danko1 said:

Thank you!

Probably out of the topic now, but I wonder if I can schedule an appointment an any USPS office for passport? I'll give a shot at Bellevue of course, but if it doesn't work, can I just apply in Yakima for example? Seems like they have tons of time slots and I don't mind driving lol

I did a 4 week course recently on finding which  Passport offices have availability. LOL. 

anyway, as JFH said everything in grays harbor county is open. If you are in King county, the nearest ones you should check are allyn, siverdale etc which are also in the olympic peninsula area. 

Also, do check by date (instead of location) and zip code too. Sometimes, you will find an appointment easily the same day or next in your own area because people do cancel their appointment.. For instance, i wanted to go on 15th, and i had found 4 options to choose from, Mercer island, everett, seattle and allyn on 15th itself, even though when i had been checking since last 4 weeks, there was no availability at these. 

Received a notification in the morning that the interview got scheduled for mid-march. Got excited for a few hours. Then, a minute ago getting "Interview De-Scheduled". What is that about?! Anyone got this in the past? 

"This is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled interview on XXX for the above applicant. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. We will advise you of any further action taken on this case, including any rescheduled interview appointment information, under separate notice."

Really confusing. The History tab is saying:

March 17, 2021 Interview Was Scheduled
March 17, 2021 We cancelled the scheduled interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
March 16, 2021 We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.

So they scheduled it, then cancelled, and then scheduled again. But I don't see an updated notice in the Documents section: there're only two, about the scheduling and cancellation.

On 3/15/2021 at 4:06 PM, Shivoham said:

Tip on Passport: Make sure you fill out the passport application form in "Black Ink" not blue , and don't use the form from the website (Coz it's not an updated form). Instead, use the form that the USCIS gives you as part of naturalization packet OR pick up the form from a post office. Someone  had shared about the Bellevue passport officer being a helpful guy. I just walked in this morning, and he happily took my passport application (no appointment). I had my paper work all ready for him to make it quick.

Does anyone know if those new forms are posted somewhere?

Also, can we fill in forms digitally and then print out? (You mentioned black vs blue ink, I'm wondering if it's ok at all to print them out after filling in digitally.)

On 3/11/2021 at 4:24 PM, bmq said:

Hi folks,

I was able to go to Seattle courthouse today and got my name changed before my interview. Anyone able to get their name changed on state ID? It seems we need updated social security card, with new name but that won't be issued because local offices are closed and not allowing anyone.

At what time was the hearing? Just wondering if it's later in the afternoon or pretty early?

Also, once you change your name, you don't have to change all of your documents right away, correct? You can just wait till the naturalization process wraps up and then do everything at once in the new name, right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
34 minutes ago, nikgon said:

Does anyone know if those new forms are posted somewhere?

Also, can we fill in forms digitally and then print out? (You mentioned black vs blue ink, I'm wondering if it's ok at all to print them out after filling in digitally.)

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/forms.html

Use the DS-11 form filler then save and print out that PDF and take it with you to the passport office.

23 minutes ago, Vasto_Lorde said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/forms.html

Use the DS-11 form filler then save and print out that PDF and take it with you to the passport office.

But that's the same link on which, according to Shivoham, the forms are obsolete. The form itself says "EXPIRATION DATE: 3-31-2021" (whatever that means), so I'm curious what happened there where the OP claimed somehow they got an obsolete form.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, nikgon said:

But that's the same link on which, according to Shivoham, the forms are obsolete. The form itself says "EXPIRATION DATE: 3-31-2021" (whatever that means), so I'm curious what happened there where the OP claimed somehow they got an obsolete form.

That's the form I submitted yesterday with no problem whatsoever.

Noted, USCIS is going month by month. Around the same time last month they were handling early Oct, and now they are doing early Nov. Not gonna help anyway to clear up the backlog of an over 20 months, but at least they are going way faster than the last few months. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.