Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, JFH said:

Wonderful news! Do you see the document online with the interview letter or just the case status update?

Yes, the document is posted today and my interview date is Jan. 27, 2021.

Edited by Newage

2 hours ago, Newage said:

Yes, the document is posted today and my interview date is Jan. 27, 2021.

Congratulations! So they are giving around one month’s notice. You are 6 weeks ahead of me in filing so I am thinking I will get a mid-February letter for a mid-March interview. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Case Update News Alert: 

A VisaJourney.com user (not on this forum) who filed on 7/30/19 got an interview for 1/21/21. He/she got the interview notification on 12/23/20. 

I have added that case to our tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcItCasVItCDsUNEbDu15IRQ-AbDMRJWsiljwtz5WRI/edit#gid=1497976778&fvid=1704592725

12 hours ago, Shivoham said:

Case Update News Alert: 

A VisaJourney.com user (not on this forum) who filed on 7/30/19 got an interview for 1/21/21. He/she got the interview notification on 12/23/20. 

I have added that case to our tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcItCasVItCDsUNEbDu15IRQ-AbDMRJWsiljwtz5WRI/edit#gid=1497976778&fvid=1704592725

Thanks for this! It’s exactly two months before my filing date so it’s very useful information. I’m strongly suspecting I will have a March interview. 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

8 hours ago, seahawk24 said:

The completion date of mine just moved from April 2021 to March 2021 and also has a countdown timer of 30 days. Applied late December 2019. Is this just an automated system move where i will soon get a message taking longer than usual. What has been the experience with folks that recently gotten their interview?

I got the countdown timer in September or October, I think. It went all the way down to 1 day and then the dreaded “we are taking more time”. And I’ve been stuck there ever since then. Filed September 30, 2019. 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

13 hours ago, JFH said:

I got the countdown timer in September or October, I think. It went all the way down to 1 day and then the dreaded “we are taking more time”. And I’ve been stuck there ever since then. Filed September 30, 2019. 

Goodluck! I am rooting for you. A friend of mine late July (28th i think) filer had his interview mid December 15. Yours should be round the corner, his took all of 16 months

10 hours ago, seahawk24 said:

Goodluck! I am rooting for you. A friend of mine late July (28th i think) filer had his interview mid December 15. Yours should be round the corner, his took all of 16 months

Thank you!

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Mission accomplished.  My wife attended her N-400 Naturalization Interview at USCIS Seattle Field Office today.  Due to rules on COVID-19, I was not able to accompany her, so had to drop her off.  However, she shared that it was very safe and smooth experience.  The field office was quite well organized, they are not joking when they say you cannot enter the building >15 minutes prior to your appointment.  So people are required to wait in queue outdoors, social distancing and all.  Upon entry go throught the typical security screening and check-in.  The do a set of biometrics for verification purposes so she did have to take picture and prints ahead of heading to the second floor.  After waiting upstairs, the staff called her into a seperate room where they setup a "virtual" / "video conferencing" iPad setup to take the interview / test with IO.  She was required to place all her personal belongings into the desk drawer ahead of commencing the interview.  Aside from that she was able to keep the notice/letter, supporting original docs and notes with her for the test.  Upon getting her test results she was asked to go back to the waiting area while they continuing processing.  She was asked to wait patiently and not inquire on the status during the 2 hour stay.  Appointment was at 9:30 am, she checking in at 9:15 am and surely ended up right around 11:30 am.  So it really did take the whole two hours -- but the good news is...

TL;DR, she passed interview/test, was recommended for Approval and scheduled for same day Oath Ceremony all in one day.   

She had the Oath Ceremony in another room with a few other (5) applicants.  Everything was handled in this single visit and she walked away with her approval packet that includes her Certificate of Naturalization, "Welcome Letter" from the President and various other documents like N-652, test results and DS-11, passport application form.  That's all folks!  Wish you well on your journey and encouraging you all that if you have an interview date, be prepared, do you best, best of luck and hopefully can be all wrapped up in that one day.  Have updated the timeline and trackers in my sig.  Happy New Year!

Reference: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-to-covid-19

D&V Chu

K-1 Journey:
D (Hong Kong applicant) & V (US Citizen Petitioner) @ Seattle
***Commenced K-1 Fiance Visa Process on 11/28/14 and Completed K-1 Fiance Visa Process on 04/02/2015 - Timespan for K-1 Visa = 125 days (4 months)

***Commenced Adjustment of Status (AOS) Process on 06/09/2015 and Completed Adjustment of Status (AOS) Process on 02/03/2016 - Timespan for I-551 = 240 days (8 months)

***Commenced Removal of Conditions (ROC) Process on 10/25/2017 and Completed Removal of Conditions (ROC) Process on 10/23/2019 - Timespan for ROC and 10-year Green Card = 728 days

***Commenced Naturalization N-400 Process on 07/14/2019

2019 Jul 14 - N-400: D submited N-400 application, paid filing fee on USCIS Online Filing website.  IOE Receipt number issued.

2019 Jul 29 - N-400: D received official I-797C, Notice of Action for Biometrics appointment via mail - 15 days

2019 Aug 08 - N-400: D completes Biometrics Appointment at USCIS ASC Seattle (Tukwila, WA) - 10 days

2020 Dec 14 - N-400: D received official I-797C, Notice of Action for Interview Appointment on 01/05/2021 - 4 days

2020 Jan 01 - N-400: Processing time during COVID-19 Pandemic ~16 months

2021 Jan 05 - N-400: D attended N-400 Naturalization Interview at USCIS Seattle Field Office (Tukwila, WA) - 20 days

2021 Jan 05 - N-400: D passed interview/test, was recommended for Approval and scheduled for same day Oath Ceremony.

***Completed Naturalization N-400 Process on 01/05/2021 - Timespan for US Citizenship = 415 days

N-400 July / August 2019 Filers

N-400 Seattle Tracker

Shivoham,

My application is from Seattle and waiting for N400 interview. Applied Sep 2019.

2 days back case history changed to "Invalid Date Case and actively being reviewed by USCIS".

I see that you had that message earlier as well and did it go away and is your interview scheduled. I am bit worried with the above message. Thanks for your feedback.

Rao

1 minute ago, rajarao2020 said:

Shivoham,

My application is from Seattle and waiting for N400 interview. Applied Sep 2019.

2 days back case history changed to "Invalid Date Case and actively being reviewed by USCIS".

I see that you had that message earlier as well and did it go away and is your interview scheduled. I am bit worried with the above message. Thanks for your feedback.

Rao

I have the same message for more 2 months now. I applied at the same time and hoping to get an interview soon. Good luck

Ok, thank you.

some of my friends applied around that time Sep 2019 is getting Jan interview dates.

Anybody here with that message got interview scheduled. I read in another forum that one guy with that message got an interview within a week after getting that message.

I think it is a glitch in the system, one day when I logged in none of the tabs showed up and in the evening of the same day this happened.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.