Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

We submitted the N-400 online in late Feb. 2020, shortly before the pandemic took off.  As luck would have it (or not), the biometrics appointment was scheduled the same day in March that they closed the Seattle field office.  We were notified they would reschedule the appointment, but currently we have not received a rescheduled appointment (9 months).   We reached out to USCIS a few times through their online system, but received boilerplate responses each time informing us that we would receive a new appointment when it's rescheduled...OK...

By the way, for us we're not anticipating that they will use prior biometrics as the last one was completed in 2013. 

I noticed in other threads (Feb and March N-400 filers) there's still people out there in different states that are in a similar situation and have not received a rescheduled biometrics appts, due to delays caused by covid19....waiting game at this point.  For those of us waiting for biometrics appointments to be rescheduled (or approved if using your previous biometrics) we cannot do much else unless you're politically connected.  Calling and complaining and chewing out phone agents and their supervisors will likely yield few results other than canned responses.

Yesterday, a couple people from this forum reached out to me to get access to the Google Spreadsheet Tracker we have. I did not change any settings. I am not sure if someone changed the settings by mistake. Apologies if anyone got affected by the non-availability, but I have updated the settings so that anyone can edit again. Thank you. Happy Thanksgiving. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcItCasVItCDsUNEbDu15IRQ-AbDMRJWsiljwtz5WRI/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Shivoham

2 hours ago, Shivoham said:

Any July or August 2019 filer got notification for interview yet? 

I just logged on to ask the same question! Great minds think alike...

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Seattle USCIS estimated time range is 17-22 months. It looks like they're now processing submissions from Feb 2019. For folks like me that submitted their N400 around Sept or October 2019, it's going to be a while.

Edited by Vasto_Lorde

Something great finally happened to my 2020. My USCIS journey is now over! I'm a brand new US Citizen! Good luck to all those who are still waiting in limbo. 

N400

Spoiler

Dec 15, 2019 filed N400 online

[Day 0] : Dec 15, 2019 - Received Date

[Day 7] : Dec 21, 2019 - Biometrics scheduled for Jan 7th 2020

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Early walk in for biometrics

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Biometrics reviewed

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Case being actively reviewed

[Day 299] Oct 8, 2020 - Email notification "Interview was scheduled"

[Day 300] Oct 9, 2020 - Interview notice on documents tab. (Nov 12, 2020)

[Day 304] : Oct 13, 2020 - Interview notice came in the mail

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - Scheduled interview date; Showed up at the office and was told the interview schedule was a 'mistake'

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - USCIS status: Interview Cancelled

[Day 341] Nov 19, 2020 - Email notification "Interview was scheduled"

[Day 343] Nov 21, 2020 - Interview notice came in the mail

[Day 353] : Dec 1, 2020 - Interview dare, Oath ceremony

[Day 353] : Dec 1, 2020 - FINALLY A US CITIZEN!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, RainbowMonkey said:

Something great finally happened to my 2020. My USCIS journey is now over! I'm a brand new US Citizen! Good luck to all those who are still waiting in limbo. 

Congrats!

3 hours ago, RainbowMonkey said:

Congratulations! Very exciting. Did they reschedule you when you were told that you went to the wrong appointment? 

11 hours ago, MGMA said:

Congratulations! Very exciting. Did they reschedule you when you were told that you went to the wrong appointment? 

Yes they rescheduled my interview surprisingly fast. 

N400

Spoiler

Dec 15, 2019 filed N400 online

[Day 0] : Dec 15, 2019 - Received Date

[Day 7] : Dec 21, 2019 - Biometrics scheduled for Jan 7th 2020

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Early walk in for biometrics

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Biometrics reviewed

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Case being actively reviewed

[Day 299] Oct 8, 2020 - Email notification "Interview was scheduled"

[Day 300] Oct 9, 2020 - Interview notice on documents tab. (Nov 12, 2020)

[Day 304] : Oct 13, 2020 - Interview notice came in the mail

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - Scheduled interview date; Showed up at the office and was told the interview schedule was a 'mistake'

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - USCIS status: Interview Cancelled

[Day 341] Nov 19, 2020 - Email notification "Interview was scheduled"

[Day 343] Nov 21, 2020 - Interview notice came in the mail

[Day 353] : Dec 1, 2020 - Interview dare, Oath ceremony

[Day 353] : Dec 1, 2020 - FINALLY A US CITIZEN!

It’s not often you hear the word “fast” when discussing USCIS Seattle. 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

My wife and submitted our N400 on Oct 3 2019.
Our primary residence is in Washington State - and we have a winter condo in Hawaii.
We received our biometrics letter at the end of Oct (2019) when we were in Hawaii.
We both phoned USCIS (separately) and told them that we were not currently in Washington - so they said they would book us into the Honolulu USCIS for biometrics.
Within a few days we got new biometrics letters from Honolulu USCIS - so this part was wrapped up at the end of Oct.

Then surprisingly my wife gets her interview letter - scheduled the 1st week of March in "Honolulu".
She went down for the interview.  USCIS was surprised to find out that her primary residence was in Washington.
They chewed it over and told she could proceed and she passed with flying colors.
Covid was starting to make the news - and they let her know that they would be conducting the last swearing in ceremony in mid March.
She went down for the ceremony - they processed them in small groups (I could not attend).
Because we were in Hawaii (furthest west state) she was one of the last naturalized citizens - before they closed done the USCIS offices nation wide.
So she is now a US citizen and proudly voted in the last election 🙂

As for me it looks like they kept me over in the Washington USCIS office (lucky me).
Before Covid - they had my estimated interview date in June 2020.
Like all of you - I am seeing a 17-22 month turn around out of Seattle.

Bottom line is here is a big difference between the Hawaii and Seattle USCIS processing times.

1 hour ago, path said:

My wife and submitted our N400 on Oct 3 2019.
Our primary residence is in Washington State - and we have a winter condo in Hawaii.
We received our biometrics letter at the end of Oct (2019) when we were in Hawaii.
We both phoned USCIS (separately) and told them that we were not currently in Washington - so they said they would book us into the Honolulu USCIS for biometrics.
Within a few days we got new biometrics letters from Honolulu USCIS - so this part was wrapped up at the end of Oct.

Then surprisingly my wife gets her interview letter - scheduled the 1st week of March in "Honolulu".
She went down for the interview.  USCIS was surprised to find out that her primary residence was in Washington.
They chewed it over and told she could proceed and she passed with flying colors.
Covid was starting to make the news - and they let her know that they would be conducting the last swearing in ceremony in mid March.
She went down for the ceremony - they processed them in small groups (I could not attend).
Because we were in Hawaii (furthest west state) she was one of the last naturalized citizens - before they closed done the USCIS offices nation wide.
So she is now a US citizen and proudly voted in the last election 🙂

As for me it looks like they kept me over in the Washington USCIS office (lucky me).
Before Covid - they had my estimated interview date in June 2020.
Like all of you - I am seeing a 17-22 month turn around out of Seattle.

Bottom line is here is a big difference between the Hawaii and Seattle USCIS processing times.

Interesting story. Thanks for sharing. One thing strikes out. Even though you filed in Oct 2019, it's surprising that the USCIS website was showing your estimated interview in June 2020 (Quite early even though the Seattle processing times were showing as 14-15 months back in those days).  I filed in Sep 2019, and from then until nov 2020 this year, it kept showing Dec 2020 as completion. Only recently it changed to 'taking more time'. 

2 hours ago, Love_Victoria said:

Wow, no movement for anybody! Just tired of waiting! No updates what-so-ever from USCIS

I was wondering about your progress. Still no news? I just don’t understand how every other USCIS office on the country can get through this process so much faster. It’s exactly the same process, but they are months and months faster elsewhere. I could understand a few weeks differentiation between offices but almost a year? Ridiculous.  

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.