Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

I’m considering contacting Maria Cantwell again. Maybe this time she will have the decency to at least acknowledge my correspondence. How can it be that several people who filed in December 2019 have interviews already but those of us who filed earlier (and I’m not a combo filer) don’t? Aside from the general point about how can Seattle be so much slower than other offices? I know people have commented on the high number of immigrants in Seattle as a possible reason but looking at statistics Seattle’s immigrant population is no larger than many other cities - Miami, LA, Dallas, New York, etc. And they are all getting through the cases faster. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

2 hours ago, Pachaking said:

Combo filer. 

I751 filed 9/2017

N400 filed 9/2018

Received the N-400 interview notice email today. Not sure about the date yet.

Received an I751 interview notice email exactly 90 days ago, but have yet to receive the date. 

I received email notice yesterday and the letter shows up on my account today. Have not received the physical letter. 

By interview notice for I751, do you mean the "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" message? I got it on July 23rd. 

1 minute ago, Dani N said:

I received email notice yesterday and the letter shows up on my account today. Have not received the physical letter. 

By interview notice for I751, do you mean the "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" message? I got it on July 23rd. 

Yep. That exact same I751 notice on July 23rd. 

1 hour ago, Pachaking said:

Yep. That exact same I751 notice on July 23rd. 

Called them again this afternoon. Different agent. Same thing. 

I asked that I can't proceed with N400 without I751 so will it be a combo interview? They don't know but I can ask the officer at the interview.

How do I know whether to bring my spouse and which documents if I don't have the instruction for I-751? They don't know. They said to follow the instruction in the N400 and can't advise any further. 

Is there anyway to contact the Seattle field office? They said to write them a letter if I'd like....

What is your plan if we don't receive I-751 interview notice? I am afraid I will get sent home because I-751 is not ready. So frustrating

15 minutes ago, Dani N said:

Called them again this afternoon. Different agent. Same thing. 

I asked that I can't proceed with N400 without I751 so will it be a combo interview? They don't know but I can ask the officer at the interview.

How do I know whether to bring my spouse and which documents if I don't have the instruction for I-751? They don't know. They said to follow the instruction in the N400 and can't advise any further. 

Is there anyway to contact the Seattle field office? They said to write them a letter if I'd like....

What is your plan if we don't receive I-751 interview notice? I am afraid I will get sent home because I-751 is not ready. So frustrating

I would recommend having your spouse there no matter what. 

Filed N400 in Dec. 2018 and still waiting on interview (not a Combo filer).  I got "your case transferred to a different field office"  four times but no information as to where it was transferred. Anyone here got those transfer notifications? Contacted Sen. Cantwell and her office filed an inquiry but have not gotten a response form uscis yet.    

23 minutes ago, Yjacket said:

Filed N400 in Dec. 2018 and still waiting on interview (not a Combo filer).  I got "your case transferred to a different field office"  four times but no information as to where it was transferred. Anyone here got those transfer notifications? Contacted Sen. Cantwell and her office filed an inquiry but have not gotten a response form uscis yet.    

Wow! that's painful. Did you call up USCIS call center? Also how long back did you reach out Cantwell? 

Also, do you mind adding your case in this tracker? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcItCasVItCDsUNEbDu15IRQ-AbDMRJWsiljwtz5WRI/edit#gid=1497976778

5 hours ago, Pachaking said:

Combo filer. 

I751 filed 9/2017

N400 filed 9/2018

Received the N-400 interview notice email today. Not sure about the date yet.

Received an I751 interview notice email exactly 90 days ago, but have yet to receive the date. 

Congratulations. Do you mind adding your case to the tracker:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcItCasVItCDsUNEbDu15IRQ-AbDMRJWsiljwtz5WRI/edit#gid=1497976778&fvid=1704592725

6 hours ago, JFH said:

I’m considering contacting Maria Cantwell again. Maybe this time she will have the decency to at least acknowledge my correspondence. How can it be that several people who filed in December 2019 have interviews already but those of us who filed earlier (and I’m not a combo filer) don’t? Aside from the general point about how can Seattle be so much slower than other offices? I know people have commented on the high number of immigrants in Seattle as a possible reason but looking at statistics Seattle’s immigrant population is no larger than many other cities - Miami, LA, Dallas, New York, etc. And they are all getting through the cases faster. 

It seems like the politicians in WA spend most of their time getting illegal immigrants, but don’t have time for legal immigrants. 

55 minutes ago, Yjacket said:

keep a watch on processing times. Receipt date for case inquiry is Nov 29, 2018. So in a few days, u should be able to escalate with them. 

9 hours ago, JFH said:

Just saying, the reported case of December filler was not filled in Seattle. I do not know how does it work if the case is processed in the original office and they send paper for interview in Seattle? Could be it. 

15 hours ago, MGMA said:

Just saying, the reported case of December filler was not filled in Seattle. I do not know how does it work if the case is processed in the original office and they send paper for interview in Seattle? Could be it. 

I have seen three December files with interview dates. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=319960

Plus the two mentioned on here. Maybe they all filed elsewhere and were transferred? I don't know. It still doesn't seem fair.

Today marks 1 year since I had my biometrics in Tukwila. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

20 hours ago, Shivoham said:

keep a watch on processing times. Receipt date for case inquiry is Nov 29, 2018. So in a few days, u should be able to escalate with them. 

I don't think passing the case inquiry date necessarily means you get your interview scheduled or accelerated. At one point my case was with the Yakima field office and passed their processing time limit. I talked to a tier-2 officer who filed an inquiry on my behalf, in two days I got a notification that my case was transferred to another field office. I called in and they told me it was now with Seattle!!!  hard to figure out what is going on.  

57 minutes ago, Yjacket said:

I don't think passing the case inquiry date necessarily means you get your interview scheduled or accelerated. At one point my case was with the Yakima field office and passed their processing time limit. I talked to a tier-2 officer who filed an inquiry on my behalf, in two days I got a notification that my case was transferred to another field office. I called in and they told me it was now with Seattle!!!  hard to figure out what is going on.  

WOW! #######! It's depressing to know of such bad handling of cases. Feel sorry that you have to go through this. Have you reached out to some senator to get help? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.