Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2020 at 6:07 PM, costa85 said:

@LifeOfPi Congratulations!  We were checking our online account and email, and mail few days a week but after reading your message we will check our mail daily especially given that you received a less than 72 hour notice to appear for the interview.  Thank you!

My notice to appear on 8/7 was dated 7/22.  It showed up in my mailbox on 8/4.  It was posted in my online account on 8/6.  I'm speculating that this is behind the delay: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/31/us/politics/trump-usps-mail-delays.html

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 7/8/2020 at 8:10 PM, GermanG said:

Hi Kyle! I passed interview, exam and oath. Today I became US Citizen. I left USCIS with the Certificate of Naturalization in my hands.

Here some tips:

1) The sound is terrible, very hard to hear what tgey are saying. They were a facemask and there is a plexiglass inbetween. Ask to repeat questions. 

2) bring all documents. Since you ever came to the US. I was asked to show J1 waiver that happened in 2009 (I was on F1 OPT before H1B).

Have everything super organized, chronologically.

3) SUPER TIP. I could barely hear the officer. There is a sequence of "no" questions (about being involved in prostituition, etc.). Then switch to Yes. PLEAEE STUDY YOUR N400 AND WHERE IS THE NO YES SWITCH. if you make a mistake, they can reject your petition. It happened to an applicant before me.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Hi GermanG, since you filed your N-400 under 3-year rule, did you bring updated documents about marriage evidence? Also, did your interview officer ask any question related to the marriage or just normal naturalization questions? I'm currently waiting for my N-400 interview wondering what I should prepare for the interview.

AOS Journey

4/21/16: Aos package sent

10/11/16: Interview at USCIS and got approved

10/15/16: GC arrived

ROC Journey

09/08/18: ROC package sent to CSC

07/12/19: Biometrics done

08/16/19: Case transferred to another office

04/27/20: RFE Received

06/04/20: ROC approved

Naturalization

08/05/19: N-400 filed online

08/29/19: Biometrics done

11/03/20: N-400 interview 

On 8/17/2020 at 11:02 AM, BeMeow said:

Hi GermanG, since you filed your N-400 under 3-year rule, did you bring updated documents about marriage evidence? Also, did your interview officer ask any question related to the marriage or just normal naturalization questions? I'm currently waiting for my N-400 interview wondering what I should prepare for the interview.

Hi BeMeow,

I brought all the evidence related to our marriage. Right before the N400 interview, I had to send back an RFE for the I751 approval so I showed up to the N400 interview with the copies of the same documents (updated mortgages, etc.etc.).

The Immigration Officer mostly focused on N-400 solo questions (it was no longer a combo interview because one month before the 10-yr Green Card had been approved). So, mostly Naturalization questions.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I got a call today. I barely heard him. USCIS office scheduled an appointment for N400. Today August 26, and my interview will be at September 2nd. (or September 22, I couldn't hear :) and I was so excited lol ). My case status changed to interview but USCIS account still shows nothing. I will update more when I got the notice. 

12 hours ago, Can-thePNWhobbies said:

I got a call today. I barely heard him. USCIS office scheduled an appointment for N400. Today August 26, and my interview will be at September 2nd. (or September 22, I couldn't hear :) and I was so excited lol ). My case status changed to interview but USCIS account still shows nothing. I will update more when I got the notice. 

Congrats! What phone number called you? Was it a local number like 425 or 206? Or was it the national USCIS 1-800 phone number?

I have heard about phone calls before but I'd like to watch out for this one in particular.

Timeline
59 minutes ago, JollyRedd said:

Congrats! What phone number called you? Was it a local number like 425 or 206? Or was it the national USCIS 1-800 phone number?

I have heard about phone calls before but I'd like to watch out for this one in particular.

206 number. Caller id says "kelly".

They update my file number. Im suprised i have an interview for next week.

I need to study for test

43 minutes ago, Can-thePNWhobbies said:

206 number. Caller id says "kelly".

They update my file number. Im suprised i have an interview for next week.

I need to study for test

Good luck! There is an app where you can practice the questions on your phone. 

You filed a year before me. Maybe I will get an interview in a year’s time. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Got an email notification saying they scheduled my interview (I don't know when yet). If you check my profile you will see my timeline. I thought that with the Covid that it would be delayed for another year, but I was expected to get interview in April or May. Oh man, I need to study!

Any November 2019 filers heard anything yet? 

Patience Is A Virtue - [The Beneficiary]

AOS From K1:
Approved 26th of September 2016

ROC:

Approved: 16th August 2019 (July 2018 Filer)

N400

Filed online: November 25th 2019

April 27th 2021: INTERVIEW APPROVED - Officially a US citizen - the End! 

On 8/28/2020 at 11:50 PM, Yanirose said:

Any November 2019 filers heard anything yet? 

I did see a December 2019 Seattle filer has already had the interview and oath ceremony. How that happened is a mystery. I’m a September 2019 filer and no news...

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

So my interview is on Wednesday.

1- I memorized all 100 questions, no problem there.

2- I am still waiting for my appointment paper in mail. 

3- I have a file folder. == Inside -> Green card x 2, my passport, SSN card, Selective Service paper, Marriage Certificate, 2017-2018-2019 Tax returns, Car insurance last 12 months, joint health and dental insurance,  our house insurance, last 8 months (all 2020) bank statements from joint account, my school transcript if needed , my first entry to the US in 2014, our birth certificates, last 3 years all notice of actions.

Do you guys think anything else that I need for interview? 

On 8/30/2020 at 10:55 AM, JFH said:

I did see a December 2019 Seattle filer has already had the interview and oath ceremony. How that happened is a mystery. I’m a September 2019 filer and no news...

Oh Wow... my Case completion time shows Feb 2021 .. what a bummer I really wanted to vote this year.

Patience Is A Virtue - [The Beneficiary]

AOS From K1:
Approved 26th of September 2016

ROC:

Approved: 16th August 2019 (July 2018 Filer)

N400

Filed online: November 25th 2019

April 27th 2021: INTERVIEW APPROVED - Officially a US citizen - the End! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.